GUIDING LIGHT - FINDING HOPE IN THE DARKNESS
Guiding Light is a mental health awareness project founded by LadyLincoln and Yuukon. Whether you're here to give or to get support, everyone is welcome! Our aim with Guiding Light is to provide a spot where Mental Health can be freely and safely discussed, a place for everyone who has mental health issues, knows someone with mental health issues, but also for those who want to learn more about it.
Guiding Light aims to create a supporting and loving environment for those who need it. A place where it is safe to talk about feelings, fears and to meet others, but also a place of hope. A place to find support, love and help. A place without judgement, but above all, a place where every single deviant is welcome.
You can read more about this project and the background here.
Looking for & sharing Love
Below is a list of people who could use some extra love and support. If you can, please send them a kind message or just a sign to let them know they are not alone, and that we are all there for each other.
If you know someone who needs some extra love, or if you just need some extra love yourself, please let us know so we can add you to our list.
We are sending love to:
People looking for advice:
- Wulfsista - She would like some advice on how to deal with aggression and maintaining self control.
- RebeccaM-Art - Her sister is not doing well after a bad break-up, and she'd like some advice on how to help her.
- RoyalOats - She is looking for kind souls to connect with who can be supportive for her.
- Kenexandrite - They are looking for some advice on finding help, setting up an emotional shield and friendship.
- JericaWinters - She's looking for some advice on how to increase motivation.
- NathaAmore - She's looking for some advice on how to deal with disassociation and sleep violence.
People who have opened up their inbox to you:
- MissSouls - She has experience with borderline personality disorder
- SubjugatedSandwich - He has experience with anxiety, mental abuse, extreme lows and has the perspective of someone who is in the better half of the healing process.
- PennedinWhite - She has experience with bipolar disorder, depression, PTSD and anxiety.
- ugnip - She has experience with eating disorders, depression and anxiety.
- LiliWrites - She has experience with depression, traumatic experiences and eating disorders.
- Vivyi - She has experience with shizoaffective bipolar disorder, PTSD, eating disorders, anxiety disorder, panic attacks and social anxiety.
- Onepiecequeen101 - She has experience with anxiety, depression, ADHD, OCD and high level autism.
- DrawingDragonDream - She has experience with depression and anxiety, as well as suicidal thoughts. She is in her teens, so for those who'd like to talk to someone their own age, she's there for you.
- Amarantheans - She has experience with depression, Anxiety, PTSD and body image issues.
- SinistrosePhosphate - He has experience with autism, depression, self-harm and suicidal thoughts, He also is a GP who has contact with patients with mental health issues daily.
- RoxasFangirl18 - She has experience with loss of a loved one, life changing injuries or illness (on a loved one), suicidal thoughts, depression and anxiety. She also doesn't mind if you talk to her because you need to vent.
- RoyalOats - She has experience with anxiety, bipolar, depression, trauma, adjustment disorders. She also has experience with loved ones struggling.
- Whisper292 - She has experience with bipolar II, depression, anxiety and agoraphobia.
- Evilhappy - He has experience with insomnia, social anxiety, GAD, panic attacks, bullying, depression, suicidal thoughts, mood swings, PTSD, self harm, aggression, obsessive tendencies, sexual identity, body image, acceptance, eating disorders, identity disorders, alcoholism. He has a learning disability called dysgraphia that affects reading and handwriting.
- DasGnomo - She has experience with depression and anxiety.
- Medoriko - She has experience with anxiety and depression - SAD in particular.
- iLantiis - She has experience with bipolar II, paranoia, hallucinations (visual and auditory) and anxiety. She also has experience with disassociative behaviour, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts and OCD. She has been to both group and individual therapy.
- RensKnight - She has experience with GAD, depression, bullying (in school, the workplace and online), and ADHD. She is also willing to offer prayer if needed.
- Felizias - She has experience with depression and suicidal thoughts.
- MaggotsX – He has experience with Bipolar I / schizoaffective disorder, mental institutions, post-traumatic stress, paranoia, hallucinations, illicit drug use, depression, social anxiety, low self-worth, regret and spiritual doubts.
- Cadenza-Royyalist - She is open to talk about friendships, social struggles, anxiety, loss and temperament issues.
- Lissomer - She has experience with medication, depression and SAD, generalised/social anxiety, traumatic experiences (including natural disasters, parental abuse, sexual trauma), disordered eating, suicidal thoughts/behaviour, sexual/gender identity, dysphoria, depersonalisation/dissociation, and therapy. I also have experience with loved ones who are suffering, and with the recovery process. Not necessarily relevant, but I am also familiar with chronic illnesses such as IBS, PCOS, and endometriosis..
- NathaAmore - She has experience with bipolar, stress, anxiety and eating disorders, as well as suicidal thoughts and attempts. She also has experience with helping people through bad break-ups.
important events/information and places to get helpAwareness Months
- Autism Awareness Month: April
- Stress Awareness Month: April
- Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month: April
- Mental Health Awareness month: May
- LGBT Pride Month: June
- PTSD Awareness Month: June
- Minority Mental Health Month: July
- Suicide Awareness Month: October
- Bullying Prevention Month: October
- Suicide Prevention Week: September 8th - 14th 2019
- Mental Health Awareness week 2019: October 6th - 12th 2019
- Asexuality Week 2019: October 20th - 26th 2019
- World Autism Awareness Day: April 2nd 2019
- Children's Mental Health Awareness Day: May 9th 2019
- PTSD Awareness Day: June 27th 2019
- Friendship Day: August 4th 2019
- World Suicide Prevention day: September 10th 2019
- World Mental Health Day: October 10th 2019
- National Depression Screening Day: October 10th 2019
- World Kindness Day: November 13th 2019
- International Survivors of Suicide Day: November 23rd 2019
- Let's talk about Mental Health
- Prayer Support Log
- Suicide and Self-harm Prevention
Within Guiding Light:
Outside of DA:
- 25 ways you can impact mental health awareness in your community
- Depression Support Groups in the UK
- Supportline UK
- Help with depression in the Netherlands
- Kleur je Leven (Dutch)
- Mental Health America
- Anxiety and Depression Association America
- Born This Way Foundation
- Anxiety Canada
- Depression Hurts Canada
- Schizophrenia Canada
- 8 Stigmatising Phrases to Stop Using
- How Language Affects How You Relate Part 1 & Part 2
- Top 10 Myths and Misconceptions about Depression
- Myths of Therapy
- 134 Activities to add to your Self-Care Plan
- How Depression can Affect our Senses
- 7Cups - Online counseling
Do you have something to contribute to these lists? Please let us know so we can add your projects/groups/links!
Getting to know each other
To get to know each other, we have prepared a few questions for you to answer in the comments below! Please take a moment to read and reply to what others have written too. You never know in what ways you could connect with someone, and give each other love and support!
- Who are you? (think about name, age, what art do you create, etc)
- Do you have or have you ever had mental health issues?
- Do you know people who have or had mental health issues?
- What is it you're looking for? (Support, someone to help, learning something new, etc)
Original Artist Unknown. Do you know who made this? Please tell us so we can properly credit
If you would like to join us, you are welcome to become a member at our group!