Been a little while since I posted a journal, so this journal will be an update mostly on the latest art commissions I've made.
I'm sure that, even though I'll be heading back to university this coming week (to continue my professional studies), I'll still be commissioning art here and there. But here's a round-up of the latest pieces I've received, from Christmas Day up to the end of January:
1) Firstly, a last-minute commission for Christmas Day from J8d
(I commissioned on about the 22nd), my good friend outdid himself by getting this picture of Christmas cutie Christabel "Chrissy" ready by about half past midnight on Christmas Day, so she had time enough to hand out all those prezzies she's got. She's still quite small, so luckily none of the presents got ruined.
2) There's one major problem with hover sandals, as 22nd century girl Jet Flight is just finding out, courtesy of a cheekily tickling feather being remote-controlled by one of her big brothers...they don't protect the feet from tickling, not even a little bit! amiwakawaiidesu
brought this playful idea to life perfectly, especially the look of giggly surprise on Jet's face as she realises what is happening to her vulnerable soles, but finds herself already laughing to much to put a stop to the teasing tickles.
3) Moving into January, I started re-watching Miraculous on the telly (I hadn't realised it was on freeview in the UK) and dreamt up this fun little naughty idea of Marinette hooking up with, well, herself in the form of Ladybug after the Timebreaker incident. How far they go together is up to your (and Chat Noir's) imagination.
This was produced by the lovely aerodynamicT
(I'm planning on another one sometime, with the pairing of Tikinette...Tikki in a human form though ^^)
4) Most recently, I commissioned J8d
again, this time to draw my visions of the Simpson children - 11yo Bart (who fancies Sherri, but she's not into boys yet), 9yo Lisa (who Kerri Mackleberry has somewhat of a crush on, and Lisa thinks she's pretty cute too), and 8yo Maggie (who has just started dating Martin). And Bart bleaches his hair.
This is not my fanfic - it is, however, the very first Powerpuff Girls fanfic I ever read, and I enjoyed it so much that I kept reading them for many years. Sure, there were some that were better, but this one stuck with me, and was my inspiration when I started writing my own ongoing Powerpuff Girls fanfic, the Chemical X Chronicles. (Hint: My fic was eventually abandoned after 15 chapters over 4 or 5 years). I recently found that I still had a complete copy of this fanfic, written by FFNet member AngelTifu back in 2000/01, on my computer, and converted it in a single PDF for easy reading. (I've also used Lulu.com to get a hardback book version of it printed for me to enjoy offline, because I prefer to enjoy reading books than staring at a screen; I know it's not my story, but this hardcopy is just for me, nobody else).
Now, what about the future? 'Cos I'm not stopping my art commissions, even though I'll be back in part-time study mode again soon, nosirree...so...
...I intend to try to my hand at writing a new Powerpuff Girls fanfic at some point.
- cartoon fan-art, as well as original characters in cartoon and anime styles up to semi-realism.
- more serious, near-/realism fan-art in digital and traditional formats, and some photographs.
- All things relating to the Royal Union of Loldova, as well as the Royal United Loldovan Forces.
Please check out all these great artists I've worked with! ^_^