Thanks to the new DecodeCodePoints option added in the Rainmeter 4.4 Beta r3400 version, the display of data in different languages works properly again.
So, you MUST have the latest beta version of Rainmeter 4.4 Beta r3400 or later installed :
The First Weather Skin that uses as a source for weather data, the NEW website The Weather Channel !
High accuracy of weather data, detailed weather forecast, severe weather alerts , air quality & pollen details for locations around the world
Available in 31 languages:
English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Bulgarian, Portuguese, Romanian, Swedish,Turkish, Croatian, Slovak, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Thai, Tagalog, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu.
All languages are original translations from The Weather Channel Website !
• Hourly Forecast
• Daily Forecast
• Chance of Precipitation (in % )
• Pressure trend : rising(↑), falling(↓)
• UV Index
• Severe Weather Alerts
• Pollen Forecast
• Air Quality
• Detailed forecast for each day (place the cursor over the weather icons)
• Sun & Moon info (sunrise/sunset, moonrise/moonset, moonphases)
• Two background variants: blue and semi-transparent
• Two types of weather icons
• You can choose how many days or hours to be displayed. Repeat click on "-/+" buttons to hide/show days or hours.
• Displays the current weather conditions and the 12-hour forecast.
Severe Weather Alerts ( ibb.co/ScVVVwr )
• Displays weather alerts for current location
• Displays the alert level for each weather alert
- level 4 (low-yellow)
- level 3 (medium- light orange)
- level 2 (high-orange)
- level 1 (very high-red)
• Place the cursor over the alert icon for details.
• For more information click on the alert icon and on the webpage,click on the alert.
You can change the skin size.
Click on the silver triangle to open the Settings menu.
Now, you have the option to use the new location codes, used by The Weather Channel.
You can still use the old location codes (in AABB1234 format)
To change Fahrenheit with Celsius, in the Settings menu open the Languages submenu and choose EnglishWorld °C, EnglishGB °C (for UK) , or any other language you want.
Depending on the language used the length of the text may vary.
If the text is not fully displayed, place your cursor over the text to see the full description.
Do not switch quickly between skin versions !
Do not switch quickly between languages !
***This skin is an alternative solution when you have problems with weather skins that use as source the old website Weather.com.
• 02.08.2020 - Fixed some errors in RegExp.
- Added DecodeCodePoints option (you need to have version 4.4 Beta r3400 or later installed) to properly display data in other languages.
• 30.07.2020 - The JSON source has changed again. Updated the skin - only the English versions work properly.
• 25.07.2020 - Added 72-hour forecast version
• 25.06.2020 - Fixed high temperature (when available) is not updating automatically.
• 15.06.2020 - Significant improvement of the skin code. Advantages:
- fast loading of weather data
- low data usage
• 13.06.2020 - Fixed wrong display of pollutant information
- RegExp pollutants have been corrected for correct data display.
- Eliminate error display in Log when some pollutants are not available.
- Rewriting of measures for pollutants
• 08.06.2020 - Fixed no data display for locations where there is no info for sunrise/sunset (sun does not set)
• 07.06.2020 - Corrected for GB version, unit of measure for visibility from km to mi
• 04.06.2020 - IMPORTANT UPDATE : Changed the weather data source : the new TWC website
• 09.05.2020 - Fixed Pollen Alert is not displayed.
• 27.04.2020 - Updated weather icons.
• 13.03.2020 - Added Pollen Alert
• 01.02.2020 - Added the option to use the new location codes, used by Weather.com.
• 27.01.2020 - Added UV Index.
- Fixed UV Index code error
• 21.01.2020 - Added Moon info:moon phases, moonrise, moonset
• 01.12.2019 - Added pressure trend (rising, falling )
• 27.11.2019 - Added in "Today" version details for each day/night when the cursor is placed over each icon
- Added high and low temperatures in the current weather section.
• 14.10.2019 - Wxdata source for location code has been replaced.
• 27.08.2019 - Fixed weather alerts are not displayed in other languages (except English).
- Displays in the settings menu which is the latest skin update you use.
- Added a button in the settings menu to check if there is a new update.
• 08.08.2019 - Fixed color of weather alert icon displayed incorrectly.
• 03.08.2019 - Fixed weather alert icon is not displayed.
• 17.06.2019 - Added option to choose how many days or hours to be displayed.
***** If you want to know and the air quality in your city try AIR Pollution *****
Quick question: Since I use your RegExp and some of your measures for the weather module in LCARS System 3 (JSON format), how often does the Weather Channel make changes? Weather information is only a small portion of my suite so it gets kind of frustrating having to make changes so often. Not complaining, just curious what to expect in the future. And a BIG Thank You for allowing me too make use of portions of
your code. I credited you in 3 places in the skin and in the online intro file under credits. Keep up the great work, Thank you.
Try restarting Rainmeter.
Right click on the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar and choose Exit.
Then turn on the Rainmeter again
If it still doesn't work you can try this:
If it still doesn't work you can also try deleting the skin from Documents \Rainmeter \ Skins. Restart Rainmeter, then restart your PC.
Download and install the skin again.
You must have Rainmeter 4.4 Beta r 3400 installed
I found this a couple days ago and I love it so much! fits on my vertical monitor perfectly, so pretty and easy to read too!
thank you for the updates constantly when things go wonky. you are doing an amazing job!