Weather data source: Weather.com API
High accuracy of weather data, detailed weather forecast, severe weather alerts , air quality & pollen details for locations around the world
Available in 30 languages:
English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Bulgarian, Portuguese, Romanian, Swedish,Turkish, Croatian, Slovak, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Thai, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu.
All languages are original translations from The Weather Channel Website !
• Hourly Forecast
• Daily Forecast
• Chance of Precipitation (in % )
• Pressure trend : rising(↑), falling(↓)
• UV Index
• Severe Weather Alerts
• Pollen Forecast
• Air Quality
• Detailed forecast for each day (place the cursor over the weather icons)
• Sun & Moon info (sunrise/sunset, moonrise/moonset, moonphases)
• Two background variants: blue and semi-transparent
• Two types of weather icons
• You can choose how many days or hours to be displayed. Repeat click on "-/+" buttons to hide/show days or hours.
• Displays the current weather conditions and the 12-hour forecast.
Severe Weather Alerts ( ibb.co/ScVVVwr )
• Displays weather alerts for current location
• Displays the alert level for each weather alert
- level 4 (low-yellow)
- level 3 (medium- light orange)
- level 2 (high-orange)
- level 1 (very high-red)
• Place the cursor over the alert icon for details.
Click on the current temperature to open the settings menu
You can change the skin size.
To change Fahrenheit with Celsius, in the Settings menu open the Languages submenu and choose EnglishWorld °C, EnglishGB °C (for UK) , or any other language you want.
Depending on the language used the length of the text may vary.
If the text is not fully displayed, place your cursor over the text to see the full description.
Do not switch quickly between skin versions !
Do not switch quickly between languages !
Wait 15-20 seconds before choosing another version or language !
• 06.04.2021 - Fixed error display in Log
• 23.03.2021 - The Weather.com JSON source has been replaced with the Weather.com API source.
• 08.02.2021 - Changed weather icons,
- Removed the settings button
- Some aesthetic improvements to the main panel
• 26.10.2020 - Fixed some errors in Log.
• 07.10.2020 - Fixed in the 72-Hour Forecast version the word "night" in all languages is not displayed .
• 21.08.2020 - The JSON source has changed again. Updated the skin
• 02.08.2020 - Fixed some errors in RegExp.
- Added DecodeCodePoints option (you need to have version 4.4 Beta r3400 or later installed) to properly display data in other languages.
• 30.07.2020 - The JSON source has changed again. Updated the skin - only the English versions work properly.
• 25.07.2020 - Added 72-hour forecast version
• 25.06.2020 - Fixed high temperature (when available) is not updating automatically.
• 15.06.2020 - Significant improvement of the skin code. Advantages:
- fast loading of weather data
- low data usage
• 13.06.2020 - Fixed wrong display of pollutant information
- RegExp pollutants have been corrected for correct data display.
- Eliminate error display in Log when some pollutants are not available.
- Rewriting of measures for pollutants
• 08.06.2020 - Fixed no data display for locations where there is no info for sunrise/sunset (sun does not set)
• 07.06.2020 - Corrected for GB version, unit of measure for visibility from km to mi
• 04.06.2020 - IMPORTANT UPDATE : Changed the weather data source : the new TWC website
• 09.05.2020 - Fixed Pollen Alert is not displayed.
• 27.04.2020 - Updated weather icons.
• 13.03.2020 - Added Pollen Alert
• 01.02.2020 - Added the option to use the new location codes, used by Weather.com.
• 27.01.2020 - Added UV Index.
- Fixed UV Index code error
• 21.01.2020 - Added Moon info:moon phases, moonrise, moonset
• 01.12.2019 - Added pressure trend (rising, falling )
• 27.11.2019 - Added in "Today" version details for each day/night when the cursor is placed over each icon
- Added high and low temperatures in the current weather section.
• 14.10.2019 - Wxdata source for location code has been replaced.
• 27.08.2019 - Fixed weather alerts are not displayed in other languages (except English).
- Displays in the settings menu which is the latest skin update you use.
- Added a button in the settings menu to check if there is a new update.
• 08.08.2019 - Fixed color of weather alert icon displayed incorrectly.
• 03.08.2019 - Fixed weather alert icon is not displayed.
• 17.06.2019 - Added option to choose how many days or hours to be displayed.
***** If you want to know and the air quality in your city try Windows 10 Air Quality *****
The skin is updated every 10 minutes (UpdateRate=600)
This is the default value for UpdateRate.
If you want the skin to update less often, go to Documents \ Rainmeter \ Skins \ Windows10WEtp \ Resources and open the Measures.inc file.
Change where you see UpdateRate=600 with:
UpdateRate=1200 for 20 minutes
UpdateRate=1800 for 30 minutes
UpdateRate=2700 for 45 minutes
UpdateRate=3600 for 60 minutes
Then save and refresh skin
Thanks again for your great software. I am using the latest version and just recently discovered the <Labels & Units Translation> menu item.
That also works *almost* perfectly.
I live in Germany and the German language has "umlauts" like ä, ö, ü. Unfortunately these are misrecognized and are displayed incorrectly, e.g. GrÃ¤serpollen instead of Gräserpollen.
Maybe you can find a workaround.
Thanks again and best wishes!
Works perfectly, thank you.
At this point I would like to share an excerpt of my translation.inc - maybe someone will benefit from it one day.
I LOVE this skin, thank you so much for the development and continued updates!
Is there any way to get the lat/lon from the computer? I travel frequently and that would be a fantastic feature. THANK YOU AGAIN!
what i mean is ... is there a way to automate this so that I don't have to re-enter this every time I travel to a new city. ip-api.com and ipapi.co produce slightly different results, both within broad city limits but through Windows 10 the OS seems to have the ability to provide a very accurate location so I'm wondering if there is an API in Windows that can be called to provide this, which could be accessed through Rainmeter.
is this just more effort than it's worth?