Deviation Actions

xwindows's avatar

Glowing Filament

Published:
By
2 Comments
275 Views
A close-up view of traditional incandescent light bulb.

This one is a very simplistic piece: my another attempt at glowy things, doused with heavy abuse of Gaussian blur. In the end, it seems to turn out okay, but I can't shake a feeling that the bulb looks... plastic?

Anyway, this is the quickest deviation I have ever submitted: the drawing time spanned only for 2 days; in contrast to something like "Ethereal Voices", which took me 8 months to complete.

Copyright (C) 2017 xwindows
This is a free illustration, you can modify and/or redistribute it under:

Though this was drawn for 16:9 aspect ratio, extra care was taken to make it look reasonably good on 4:3. If you need the 4:3 version, just crop for the middle part of this drawing.

Vector version could be downloaded from Pastebin as DeviantART dropped SVG support. (Don't forget to change file extension to .svg when you save it)
Image details
Image size
1922x1080px 492.9 KB
Comments2
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Tumithax's avatar
nice minimalist design.
xwindows's avatar
Thanks!

Though, I would have to say that only 75% of the minimalistic look came from the script; the rest 25% are quirks in my drawing style.