| Character References
| Rules and Info
| AboutMany aliens have performed incredible feats of athleticism and combat throughout Xotiathon. Many aliens have given up everything just for a chance to save their dying worlds, to bring aid to their people.
Only one can take home the tournament's prize.
Two souls who have endured terrible hardship will face each other in Xotiathon's last and greatest event, its Grand Finale.
We appreciate everyone's entries, and extend our condolences to those who did not pass. Feel free to cheer on those who moved on as a spectator! We are providing explanations to all
participants of Round Four for winning or losing, so feel free to note the group if you would like one.
This time the arena is truly yours,
finalists. Anything is possible now.
The deadline for Round Five is 11:59 EST time on December 9th.
No further entries will be accepted after this point.
And now, without further ado...
It was a quiet night as the finale of Xotiathon was prepared for the last two remaining competitors. Slica made no announcement over the ICH bots.
Instead, she sent her judges to fetch the finalists from their rooms.
Suls went to one, gently knocking on the door until it was answered and he stepped inside.
Janie went to the other, pushing open the door as their voice crackled from the box on their neck.
Both led their competitors to the arena, where the arena bleachers were thronged with endless cheering crowds, and the dome's crystal clear glass was bare, giving a beautiful and spacious view of the stars above.
The two judges rejoined the host on their floating platform, and Slica spread her arms wide, her ICH bot flashing.
Five levels of massive floating panels with several feet of space in between, each level containing fewer than the last, materialized in the space. Above the highest, in easy reach for someone standing in the center of its shifting constructs, floated a golden trophy.
"The first competitor to grab the champion's trophy wins!"
The Shni chuckled.
"Now, I bet you're wondering how you're going to get up there. You teleport, just like how these things were brought in! On every level, there are two tiles that can zap you up to the next one. But be careful! Yours is marked with the color of your ICH, and if you try to use your opponent's, it'll just put you at another random tile on the level you're already in. Don't worry about falling! Once you walk onto the floor, it'll teleport you onto the first level, and it'll do that if you take a spill during the round too!"
Her ICH bot flashed again, and massive multicolored spotlights played over the levels of tiles as rave music started blasting. Slica spoke one last time, her voice magnified to be heard over the beats.
"Welcome to the Grand Finale, everybody! Terence of Lanet and Floala vi Trh of Xanta are here to give you the round of your life! Good luck, you two! GET HYPE FOR XOTIATHON!" ROUND FIVE RULES:
1. Floala was fetched by Suls, and Terence was fetched by Janie.
2. The first competitor to touch the trophy wins the tournament and will receive the prize of their country's choosing.
3. The five levels of floating panels are of varying shapes and white, lightweight but sturdy. They move around in random patterns, and move faster the higher in level they are. The bottom panels are sluggish, the top tier move fairly quickly.
4. The highest level of panels is on level with the higher parts of the dome, and is surrounded by stars.
5. The panels can be easily shifted out of their paths and stacked or shoved in a different direction. They will return to their normal course eventually, but can temporarily be manipulated as a competitor wishes. They are light and due to floating, easy to move around despite their size. However, they cannot be moved much higher or lower than the level they are part of.
6. The teleportation panels are green or red according to the finalists' respective ICH colors. Competitors must touch the panel with their own color to be transported to the level above them. Touching the panel with their opponent's color will transport them to a random panel on the same level.
7. The highest and final level does not have teleportation panels; there is no going back once it is reached, until there is a victory.
XOTIATHON GRAND FINALE:
LET THE FIFTH ROUND COMMENCE!