After the winners of quarterfinals had recovered enough to compete again, the announcement for the fourth round was broadcasted to everyone's ICH robots that evening. Once more the holographic screens were projected with the faces of the judges as they addressed the four remaining competitors.
"Hey there, semifinalists! Tomorrow morning you'll need to come to the dome bright and early; we have special outfits for this round to give you. The match will involve a sport of our own invention; you're going to be dodging and deflecting balls of slime!"
"Don't worry; the stuff is harmless and the suits and goggles we're providing will keep you dry. Be careful, the slime will stick to your suits and not come off, and the first competitor fully covered in it loses!"
"Your robots will accompany you into the arena, and you can use them to generate a small energy shield to deflect the slime balls away from you, or at your opponent."
"Oh, and this time we've turned the dome into a bit of a natural wonder! There'll be all kinds of plants in there that do some crazy stuff. Good luck! Get hyped for Xotiathon!"ROUND FOUR RULES:
1. The order of pairs in the announcement journal is the order in which the competitors will be fighting after they have put on their outfits. The second pair will be led in to compete shortly after the first pair's match is decided.
2. The environment for this round is a grassy space thick with plants that produce various nonlethal hazards such as smelling bad, exploding into pollen, and other such effects that you may invent as you please.
3. Slime balls of varying sizes will be fired from the ceiling and walls of the arena at random. The first competitor to be fully covered in slime loses. An alarm will sound when this has happened and the slime balls will stop being fired.
4. Slime balls can be only redirected if they hit the shield; slime will always stick to the suit if it makes contact with it, though it won't slow a competitor down. The slime is not harmful even if accidentally swallowed.
5. The energy shields the robots generate are small, flat and circular. The exact size is up to you.
6. Competitors may try to intentionally cover each other in slime by deflecting it if they like, or they may dodge the slime balls and wait it out until their opponent has been covered to win. Slime does not come off after it has stuck to the suit.