Because I never update my journal. I did this first a decade ago and then again a year ago. I figured I could do this once a year, to sort of follow my progression, because why not. It's fun.
I have edited and will prob edit some of the questions in the future, because the answers to some of these will never ever change.
* I changed the question to be yearly due to repetitive answers. This will result in repetitive questions though, so I'll see if I'll change it up.
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
*I like listing my favourite pigments because I really don't have favourite colours. I also wanna list different ones from before, so here goes:
13. Cadmium Yellow
THIS YEAR HAVE YOU: (2018)
15. Made a new friend = Yes! More than one, but one in particular! <3
16. Fallen out of love = No, I don't think I have. I have gotten a lot less obsessive when thinking about the people I adore though.
17. Laughed until you cried = All the time.
18. Met someone who changed you = I maintain my philosophy: everyone I meet changes me. Moreso than usual though? Yes, definitely.
19. Found out who your true friends were = Well I'd like to think I know them, but I'd also like to say that I have found one more.
20. Found out someone was talking about you = Nothing bad.
21. Kissed someone on your watch list = Maybe? Really depends on what constitutes kissing here. Romantically? Nah.
22. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life = Some. Can't be bothered to count.
23. How many kids do you want to have = Probably more than none. Not sure I will though. Upper limit is definitely dependent on how the world develops.
24. Do you have any pets = Two cats. Love 'em.
25. Any new nicknames?* = Nicknames no, but someone has used the pronoun "xe" of me, which has made me pretty giddy.
26. What did you do for your last birthday = Celebrated my nephew's birthday. Ours are a day apart so that's going to be a trend, more likely than not.
27. What time did you wake up today = 7 am. It was a late morning.
28. What were you doing at midnight last night = I was asleep, for once!
29. Name some things* you CANNOT wait for = I can because I have to. (I'll always have this disclaimer won't I?) But among other things: 1) A DnD session the day after tomorrow. 2) A trip to Europe next spring. 3) Having the ability to mind-meld. 4) Having the ability to shapeshift. 5) Space exploration adventures. (In the order I expect I have to wait for those things to happen)
30.Do you have plants = A bunch. Bad boy is alive and kickin'. Although my flytrap went and died last summer.
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life? = Mortality. That's the topmost one. A more realistic one? My ability to deal with intrusive thoughts.
32. -?- = Oh, I'm not really sure about that. Making AI that's great at playing the tuba seems like a relative waste of effort and resources to me at the moment. Maybe in a few years once we have first solved all the more important issues.
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom? = Still a no. All the Toms in the world are really missing out on some great conversations.
34. What's getting on your nerves right now? = Anxiety. Also I really don't like being annoyed by things.
35. Most visited website? = It's got to be google still. Some honorable mentions recently would go to DA, parahumans.net, SMBC, roll20 and unsongbook.com
36. Whats your real name? = The one I chose for myself. I'm xin!
37. Nicknames? = Kay, Kata, xin
38. Relationship Status? = In an open marriage. No other partners currently though.
39. Zodiac sign? = *groans* I won't tell!
40. Male or female? = pfft. Screw your binaries!
41. Elementary? = Dear Watson.
42. Middle?* = -management is a very useful and important part of corporate structures. Getting rid of it makes everything inefficient and everyone unhappy. Stop being so dumb people.
43. High?* = Right now? Nah.
44. Hair colour? = I sort of want to get hidden rainbow stripes but I also think that'd be very shallow of me, and I kind of want to develop myself towards a place where I don't care as much.
45. Long or short? = It's currently a polka, and I definitely feel like I want it to be shorter.
46. Height? = I'm a hobbity-hobbit. Haven't grown any taller in the past year either. Imagine that.
47. Do you have a crush on someone? = Haha, well a crush is a dumb dumb dumb word to describe the affection I feel for some of my close friends, but yes.
48: What do you like about yourself? = My tenacity.
49. Piercing? = I still haven't gotten around to piercing the eff out of my earlobes. Still only have the two.
50. Tattoos? = Still putting it off for the reason that I plan on traveling to Japan. A very first world of a problem if there ever was one. I have designed mine in much detail though, even if it is still constantly developing!
51. Righty or lefty? = Righty. I practice doing random stuff like brushing my teeth with the left one though, just because.
THE MOST RECENTS* :
52. Surgery? = Still none.
53. Piercing? = Ears.
54. Best* friend? = Harry<3
55. Sport you joined? = Boxing
56. Vacation? = Pisa, Italy
58. Pair of sneakers? = It's been years since I bought sneakers. I can't possibly remember.
* As in a friend who is the absolute best. I really don't like the concept of besties.
59. Eating = Nope.
60. Drinking = Nope.
61. I'm about to = Go home from work (Where I'm filling this. I'm a bad bad employee .)
62. Listening to = My coworkers chatting about how to properly do science.
63. Waiting on = A measurement to run its course.
YOUR FUTURE :
64. Want kids? = Why is this question here, if there was previously a question about how many I want? o_o
65. Get Married? = I am married, but if they ever legalize poly marriages... Maybe? If I/we find the right person/s? :-D
66. Career? = Science!
WHICH IS BETTER :
67. Lips or eyes = Eyes. Looking at someone's lips feels weird.
68. Hugs or kisses = Hugs!
69. Shorter or taller = Both are very nice in their own way. There aren't that many people who are shorter than me though.
70. Older or Younger = I would say at least on a comparable mental level to my own (or higher). That's not really strictly restricted by age.
71. Romantic or spontaneous = Spontaneous. Romance in the traditional sense sort of clashes with my aceness. It's so awkward and just... weird. Also I hate the way it's marketed in our society. These are of course not mutually exclusive.
72. Nice butt or nice legs = I have very little preferences here. Demi and all that. I think I notice butts more, but I also think that's mostly because of social indoctrination and the insane obsession we have with butts.
73. Sensitive or loud? = Not mutually exlusive again. I for example can be pretty loud when I get excited, even if I do consider myself a pretty sensitive person. Sensitivity out of the two is however the trait I appreciate more in a person on average.
74. Hook-up or relationship? = Both are conceptually fine, although again by nature I wouldn't get much out of hook-ups. Fwb though? Sure. But I consider friendships to be a form of relationship. Each close friendship and its contents are to be evaluated on their own.
75. Trouble maker or hesitant? = This is such a weird not-mutually-exclusive pairing again. Both can be veeery bad taken too far. Both are great in moderation. I like my people to well balanced not-caricatures.
HAVE YOU WITHIN THE PAST YEAR*:
76. Kissed a stranger? = Huh, I guess I haven't. I've mostly hung with people I know.
77. Drank hard liquor? = Despite my preferences to the contrary.
78. Lost glasses/contacts? = Sunglasses, maybe?
79. Sex on first date? = Date? What date?
80. Broken someone's heart? = I sure hope not. That'd be weird if I had and didn't even know it.
81. Had your own heart broken? = By a friend, sort of. At least I've been devastated. :/
82. Been arrested? = No.
83. Turned someone down? = Directly? No. Steered conversations and relationships gently away from any romantic uncomfortable waters so I wouldn't have to? Oh yes. Well, this all if you don't count saying no to random drunken strangers and dancefloor humpers as 'turning them down'.
84. Cried when someone died? = Yes.
85. Fallen for a friend? = Yes.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself? = I try. Sometimes I even manage to do it, despite my general very self-depricating instinctive behaviour.
87. Miracles? = I beliece that things of very low probability are bound to happen every now and then. That's just a matter of statistics.
88. Love at first sight? = I believe it's a thing that happens in people's brains and body chemistries. I'm very doubtful of it being a net positive thing to occur though.
89. Heaven, Santa Claus, Angels Ghosts* = I bundled these up because they're all pretty much the same question to me. And no, I don't. I don't _not_ believe in them, because you can't disprove stuff like that. I just consider them existentially irrelevant as long as they affect the world in no observable manner.
90. Love at first conversation?* = Yes! A million times yes! I mean sometimes a great conversation is just that, and the person you're having it with is just a regular interesting person. But every now and then you just click with someone, and that's how I've met some of my favourite people.
91. Kiss on the first date? = Not a matter of faith. Do it if you wanna. I might if I did dates, but I really don't.
92. Humanity?* = So-so. I believe the best of humanity might just be good enough to lift up the worst of us.
93. Afterlife?* = Why did I add this when I'm an agnostic absurdist atheist? Because within the past year I've come up with some pretty interesting afterlife concept. Primarily the one where if we ever learn (or have already learned) to simulate reality well enough, we could possibly lift up anyone who ever lived into a form of afterlife. That'd be interesting.
94. Had more than 1 girlfriend/boyfriend at a time = Unfortunately no. I've had fwbs while being in a relationships though, but I'm not super-duper-into those.
95. Did you sing today? = Yes, though I'm pretty sure I've caught the flu and I really shouldn't be singing.
96. Ever cheated on somebody? = I don't think I ever would. Relationships are based on good communication, and you need to be real stupid to cheat on someone in a poly relationship.
97. If you could go back in time, how far would you? = about 20 years ago or so, to selfishly make sure most of the people I love wouldn't be wiped straight out of existence, while maximizing the good I could do with all the precog.
98. If you could pick a day from last year and relive it, which one would it be? = Halloween.
99. Are you afraid of falling in love? = Nah. Love is awesome.
100. Posting this as 100 truths? = Never gonna happen.