This is also the most difficult gallery for a submission to gain approval, requiring 3 favorable votes as opposed to just one. It should be the BEST of the best. To go directly into this gallery you should have something either very creative - pose / design / effect or be a visually stunning work. Normally you should only be sending one or two pictures into this gallery.
(UPDATE 10/4/2017 - Due to repeated submission errors and some abuse, this category is now closed to submissions except by the Administrative staff. Some pictures may be resorted into other galleries reflecting the reorganization of this gallery.)
(UPDATE: 1/1/2019 - Reminder, with Eclipse coming, it is more important than before to submit to the correct catagory. The admin staff may not be able to quickly approve or move submissions sent to incorrect folders resulting in slower approval or rejection. If this happens resubmission to the correct folder may be necessary to correct the problem.)
Digital Catgirls Gallery
This gallery features works that have been created using digital media or have been digitally inked / colored. DA reports it has been filed, so pictures are now going to Digital Catgirls Gallery 2
Traditional Media Gallery
This gallery features works that have been created by traditional media and scanned / photographed for posting on the DA system. (Minor digital touch ups or color corrections are acceptable)
Originally intended for line art, this gallery has also become the home to most black and white, or limited shading artwork.
Mature Rated Catgirls
Open to any media, this gallery is intended to hold any thign that would be rated above PG-13 or that may be a little too risqué for the general viewing audience. When in doubt, this gallery is a safe bet.
Mature Catgirls Lineart
As above, but for pictures that are just inked, black/white or have limited shading.
This gallery is the home/showcase for photographs of Cosplay catgirls. For general photography, if you have a genuine neko girl, please call the nearest genetics lab to confirm and once confirmed will definitely a Featured gallery character. For the cosplay characters if the character is recognizable as being from the Anime, Comics, Broadway shows or TV Series or using make-up or body paint to portray a catgirl, ** and ** the photo is of reasonable quality, you may post it here. Note - this gallery may contain mature content - viewer digression is advised
This is the gallery for models who have been digitally altered into cute / playful catgirls.
Note - this gallery may contain mature content - viewer digression is advised
Your home for fiction. You may post stories / graphic novels into this category. Stories being posted should either be complete. self contained, or end at a logical story point (cliffhanger, chapter end, page end) at time of posting. English language is helpful but foreign language submissions may be submitted as well. (NOTE: non-English submissions may be substantially delayed do to the need for translation.) Stories MUST feature a catgirl / neko as one of the main characters. Graphic novels / comics are permitted, however they may be more appropriate and appreciated in one of the illustration galleries. In all cases, stories should be free from most common grammatical and spelling errors.
There are a few restrictions on what is acceptable for posting in the galleries.
1) For artistic creations, the base character should be recognizable as a Neko girl - her feline characteristics such as tail, ears, claws, fangs, or fur are not removable (Were-cats or those transformed into a feline form are allowable if shown while feline)
2) Pictures should feature the catgirl as one of the main characters in the image or playing a significant role in the image.
3) The word on costumes remains: NO. So sadly, even my favorite feline themed heroines and villains do not make the cut. Cosplay of a neko character is welcome as part of the Cosplay gallery if an actual costume, makeup, or body paint is used. Photomorphs would be the correct category for pictures that utilize digital editing, manipulation or post photographic effects,
4) When it comes to alien, Pokémon, Digimon, and similar characters, a key factor can be summed up as, "is the base creature considered FELINE in origin?" For example in the Star Trek Universe, as well as Larry Niven's Known Space universe, Caitians, and Kzinti (Kzin) are recognized as feline in origin. From Outlaw Star, the Ctarl-Ctarl are also a feline alien species. Unfortunately, WOG from their creator James Cameron, has clearly stated that while having feline characteristics, the Na'vi are NOT feline.
5) Regretfully, some art submissions will just not be up to the level that we want to showcase within our galleries. Rejections may be due to a variety of factors including: poor scanning (too faint / poor contrast); inappropriate media choices - (HINT --> lined paper is a big killer); Work in Progress (WIP) that is not at a stage where is could stand alone; or a picture that is just too rough/unfinished. This rejection is not a commentary on the artist. We do allow as much as we can and want to be friendly to starting artists. But we also want to show off catgirls at their best.
6) Pictures submitted to the wrong gallery may be rejected without further comment or may be substantially delayed in being approved, especially true in the case of the Featured Gallery. Note: this is now more critical than ever with the imposition of the Eclipse format. You are welcome to resubmit pictures to the correct gallery for reconsideration.