Featured Gallery - This is also the most difficult gallery for a submission to gain approval, requiring 3 favorable votes as opposed to just one. It should be the BEST of the best. To go directly into this gallery you should have something either very creative - pose / design / effect or be a visually stunning work. Normally you should only be sending one or two pictures into this gallery. (UPDATE 10/4/2017 - Due to repeated submission errors and some abuse, this category is now closed to submissions except by the Administrative staff. Some pictures may be resorted into other galleries reflecting the reorganization of this gallery.)
(UPDATE: 1/1/2019 - Reminder, with Eclipse coming, it is CRITICAL to submit an image request for the galleries to the correct catagory. Due to the time/extra effort required, the admin staff can not quickly approve or move submissions sent to incorrect folders. This may result in slower approval or rejection. If this happens. you may resubmission to the correct folder to correct the problem.)
Digital Catgirls Gallery - This gallery features works that have been created using digital media or have been digitally inked / colored. It is now closed, reported as "filled" by DA.
Digital Catgirls Gallery 2 - This gallery also features works that have been created using digital media or have been digitally inked / colored. It is now closed in favor of a combined gallery due to chances caused by the Eclipse user interfac
Traditional Media Gallery - This gallery features works that have been created by traditional media and scanned / photographed for posting on the DA system. (Minor digital touch ups or color corrections are acceptable). Due to Eclipse, images are no longer automatically sorted by media used. As changing technology has made traditional material rarer, the gallery has been closed in favor of a combined gallery. Catgirl Gallery #3 - the current general audience submission gallery for all colored work. Lineart Gallery - This gallery is the home for general audience works that are in black and white; monotone (presumed black); or pencil shading. Or simply put Line Art
Mature Rated Catgirls - Open to all media, this gallery is intended to hold pictures that would be rated above PG-13 or that may be considered too risqué for the general viewing audience. When in doubt, this gallery is a safe option. NOTE: Pictures must comply with DeviantArts TOS. (This is not within our ability to alter or reconsider. DA is the sole judge of what constitutes Mature works of art on their system). Mature Catgirls Lineart - As above, but for pictures that are just inked, black/white or have limited shading.
Cosplay Catgirls - This gallery is the home/showcase for photographs of Cosplay catgirls. (Not DRAWINGS of characters as dressed catgirls) For general photography, if you have pictures of a genuine neko girl, please call the nearest genetics lab to confirm. Once confirmed, you will definitely a Featured gallery image, likely be interviewed by the scientific community and world press. For the cosplay characters, if the character is recognizable as being from the Anime; Comics; Broadway shows or TV Series or using make-up or body paint to portray a catgirl, ** and ** the photo is of reasonable quality, you may post it here. Note: this gallery can contain mature content - viewer digression is advised . Any photographs must be the work of either the photographer or model and comply with DeviantArts TOS. (This is not within our ability to alter or reconsider. DA is the sole judge of what constitutes Mature or copyright limitations on use for all works posted on their system).
Photomorphic Catgirls - This is the gallery for models who have been digitally altered into cute / playful catgirls. Note: this gallery can contain mature content - viewer digression is advised . Any photographs must be the work of either the photographer or model and comply with DeviantArts TOS. (This is not within our ability to alter or reconsider. DA is the sole judge of what constitutes Mature or copyright limitations on use for all works posted on their system).
The Library - Your home for fiction. You may post stories / graphic novels into this category. Stories being posted should either be complete. self contained, or end at a logical story point (cliffhanger, chapter end, page end) at time of posting. English language is helpful but foreign language submissions may be submitted as well. (NOTE: non-English submissions may be substantially delayed do to the need for translation.) Stories MUST feature a catgirl / neko as one of the main characters. In all cases, stories should be free from most common grammatical and spelling errors
Graphic story - sequence - This gallery is the home for user created comics, graphic stories, short sequential illustrations, and videos. While longer items may be referenced, anything posted should be self contained or refer back to the artists own gallery. Ideally anything posted should be self-contained,
There are a few restrictions on what is acceptable for posting in the galleries.
- For artistic creations, the base character should be recognizable as a Neko girl - her feline characteristics such as tail, ears, claws, fangs, or fur are not removable (Were-cats or those transformed into a feline form are allowable if shown while feline) Animated cats who are not drawn in a more humanoid appearance and intended to be recognized as humans ( examples: Top Cat, Penelope, Sylvester, Mr Jinx) do not qualify for inclusion
- Pictures should feature the catgirl as one of the main characters in the image, playing a significant role in the image. Just having a neko as part of a crowd is not enoug
- The word on costumes remains: NO. So sadly, even my favorite feline themed heroines and villains do not make the cut. Cosplay of a neko character is welcome as part of the Cosplay Gallery if an actual costume, makeup, or body paint is used. Photomorphs would be the correct category for pictures that utilize digital editing, manipulation or post photographic effects. For illustrations - if the character is transformed into a feline - not just wearing a costume - it can be submitted for inclusion in the appropriate gallery
- When it comes to alien, Pokémon, Digimon, and similar characters, a key factor can be summed up as, "is the base creature considered FELINE in origin?" For example in the Star Trek Universe, as well as Larry Niven's Known Space universe, Caitians, and Kzinti (Kzin) are recognized as feline in origin. From Outlaw Star, the Ctarl-Ctarl are also considered a feline alien species. Cat Planet Cuties is full of Nekos. Unfortunately, WOG from their creator James Cameron, has clearly stated that while having feline characteristics, the Na'vi are NOT feline.
- Regretfully, some art submissions will just not be up to the level that we want to showcase within our galleries. Rejections may be due to a variety of factors including: poor scanning (too faint / poor contrast); inappropriate media choices - (HINT --> for art, lined paper is a big killer); Works in Progress (WIP) that are not at a stage where it could stand alone; or a picture that is just too rough/unfinished/poorly drawn. This rejection is not a commentary on the artist. We do allow as much as we can and want to be friendly to starting artists. But we also want to show off catgirls at their best.
- Pictures submitted to the wrong gallery may be rejected without further comment or may be substantially delayed in being approved, especially true in the case of the Featured Gallery. Note: Due to the Eclipse user interface, the admin staff does not have the unlimited time to shift images to the correct gallery. The limitation on 10 image submissions per day also limits our ability to request an image be submitted to the proper folder. In these cases, you are welcome to resubmit pictures to the correct gallery for reconsideration