I figured I could write a Currently on art journal for a change, and I'm going to use this opportunity to ask for your opinion: Would you like to have monthly (or bi-monthly, etc.) updates from me, either as journals or as an email newsletter? In the latter case, I'd post regular updates on the newsletter and post these random Currently on art ones whenever I feel like it. I'm considering trying to write these updates more regularly at least for now, perhaps with something around a 1,5 months of a gap between each update. Any thoughts on that? Should I post updates more often than that or less often than that?
This is merely to see if there's any interest at least right now, but if I were to create an account on Patreon, would you be interested to support me there in exhange for getting to see behind the scenes things, perhaps live streams of me working on something and/or early access to some things like speedpaints and other Youtube videos of mine?
I could've sworn that I had something else to ask, too, but I can't remember it anymore... Darn...
Actually, let's toss a new question: Is there something you'd like to see me do on either DA or somewhere else?
Well, that old question I thought I had isn't coming back anytime soon, I believe. Let's move on to what's going on right now with my stuff:
- Exceptional Jedi: The 5th chapter of Salvaging Remnants is in progress. It's close to being finished. Rikios the Chirein's streak is still broken, no idea when I'll return to it. Probably when I've cleared the other drawing projects from my in-progress list and done a couple of more urgent things. All writing is at 970 days. I need to make a comic about Valentine Clanker and lots of other drawings. I've been creating data on Scrivener to build a wiki of sorts there recently so that I can flesh things out for writing. Revising needs to be done.
- The Fate's Way: Chapter 30 is in progress. It's almost ready, though. I still need to redraw the regular Alyssa (although Arthatter still has the better version made) and I also need to draw Alyssa's friends and family and the other important people, like Matti someday. Silverwind has to be properly designed. Randomly revising when I feel like it.
- Behind Armada: Chapter 17 is in progress. Chapters 15 and 16 need revising. I need to draw the references for a few characters.
- Off-DA projects: Not much going on atm. FFM collections are still at a standstill due to too much other stuff taking the time away from the research I have to do. The comic I'm working on is progressing fine; I'm halfway through with final lineart, and I should be able to finish and post it before summer.
- Foes & Friends Remastered: Part 9 of New War Remastered is in translation wait, what, I've gone from nearly finished 5 to 9 in progress in 1,5 months? Whoa! I'm impressed! The parts are getting surprisingly long, so each chapter is taking longer and longer to finish because of it.
- Greenfield: Worldbuilding going on, no progress in writing. Currently working on info on some important areas. Soon, I will move to work on the magic system, though, that I can tell.
- Lyokostar: The translation of Lyokostar 1 progresses: The 7th part of the third story is in in translation (getting close to being ready, though) and the 8th and final part needs to be worked on due it being split away from the original part 7. It hopefully won't need as much reworking as part 7 did, but I will only see it when I move to translate it. Lyokostar 2 in Finnish is progressing closer to its end, with part 17 of <most likely less than 30> entering beta reading today.
- The Path of Mysteries: On hiatus with a public WIP. After I finished Thule's design, I haven't given much thought to this.
- Gaming: Not too much going on. Subnautica: Below Zero got into Early Access recently (it's already awesome, I like it), and I've been playing Final Fantasy III too.
- Other stuff: I've slowly re-re-started clearing my watch and FFM stories after falling out of the habit due to my courses trying to kill me. A lot of has to be done because especially individual deviants' deviations have piled up badly. I forever and ever wish I could make a shadow clone (Naruto style, not Winx Club's Darkar style) of myself and make it do that.... It'd at least speed the process up. I'm randomly revising my FFM stories until I run out them. Then I'll revise some other stories I wrote last year. I still have no idea when my first FFM collection will come; I hope to figure out the bureaucratic stuff during the summer at the latest so I can publish the physical version too and not just the free digital one I'm planning. I'm planning to re-read Eden Symbiotic and write a review about it sometime. I still need to write a review on Unexpected Cargo. There are tons of fanfics I gotta read, they've piled up badly on Fanfiction.net. Gotta get back to Unity and also Blender if I can, especially Blender because I'm sick of messing around with DesignDoll. And video editing, I need to do lots of that because I have tons of footage to edit, if I just found the time to put my laptop to work with them.
- Personal life: It's not going too well with my studies. I have too many courses, which makes me barely able to keep up with the weekly exercises' deadlines, and two of them I might fail because I haven't learned their stuff at least well enough. The exams will determine whether or not I'll pass, but I'm preparing for the worst. If I fail, I'll probably go through the courses again at a later year with less courses around them so that I can concentrate on them better.
I'd say that's all. Take care everyone!