This second part you will find all the basic and initial information about stock image.
I've talked about stock in my previous journals, but I also needed a journal only about stock, then decide to collect everything and put here.
What are Stock?
Aquick explanation: available images for use in personal or commercial, free or paid.
- Premade: use of two or more images, creating a mixed manipulation using own photographs. (Or use authorized by the owner of the picture).
How to find stocks in DeviantArt or others sites? see further explanation here: (link).
What I have to check in a stock before use?
- In Deviantart:
- in PNG or PREMADE: check the description to find information, it proves that that content is done with the own resource of the author.
- STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY: checks in description or profile any information that proves that the author is actually a photographer (or author of the photograph).
- In Others Sites:
- Look for the terms of the site and make sure the site is responsible for the content posted, if the site say it is not responsible to the hosted content, so do not trust.
What are legitimate stocks? how can I find out? - see lots of tips and information here: (link).
I checked if the stock is legitimate, what is the next step?
you must do these following things:
- you must credit the author in the description of your work.
- you must notify the author, showing where you used (in the DeviantArt or outside).
- you must respect what the author says, if the author ask you to remove the content
When I submit my work, what I should do?
- you must credit each stock in the description.
- you must notify the owners.
I do not have time to credit when I submit, what I should do?
Please do not put in the description "will put the credits later", submit your work only when everything is correct, here are some simple tips, you'll notice that there is no necessity to delay the credits.
Submit your work in sta.sh, your post will be saved (privately), and all editions you will do too, so you can edit the description, and going adding the credits for the stocks you used, very simple
when your submission is all correct and complete, submit to deviantart.
If your submission is all done, but you're out of time to go into your profile to submit to deviantart, here's a simple tip:
on deviantart has a service that can help, is called: "Schedule" Automatically publish your deviation at a future date and time.
How I credit the stocks?
Credit the stock is very easy, you must copy the link or thumb, both work the same way, with the new update of DeviantArt, when you puts link in a description or comment, will show the thumb.
then for you to add the link, you must click on the option [link].
you can see more information here:
Tip to add links
FAQ #81: How can I create links to other deviants, deviations, or websites?
Why I should credit the stocks that I used?
may report you.
How I do to find the stocks that I used?
TIP 1: ( on DeviantArt )
- Copy the nomination of the file, saved on your computer.
- paste in the Google and remove the characters and search, you will find the original destination.
TIP 3: ( on paid sites )
the process is similar to the previous tip, here are some examples in paid sites:
Copy the nomination of the file, saved on my computer, and copy in the site's search field (or google), the safest option is searching directly on the site.
search only the numbers.
remove the characters and search just the numbers.
The same process works on many of sites stocks.
What should I do when I do not find the stock I used?
If you followed the above process and have not found, you can use the search by image (on Google image).
if you do not find, then specify this information when you will credit the stock in your post.
I used own resources (own photography), any tips for me?
If you use your own photo in manipulations, you should always specify this in the description of your submission, and always be honest, because it has people who use stocks of others or Google, and say they used own resource, so please be honest.
Another tip is to show the used photographs, a kind of making of.
Also be very honest, do not lie saying that used own resources, when used Google.
always specify in the description the use of own resource and also if possible to show the original image.
How to submit stock images to DeviantArt ?
I have a problem, but not found any information that I need, what can I do?
you can to find my main journals with tips here: Useful Information
If you are not found, you can call me
I always bookmark all the links of the stocks i download and name it according to the site name or the author name (deviantart-woman1, ...woman8..., for example) and put them into separate folders with specific names so i've never missed any links. Also i always check the link of the stocks before doing art to know if they're still available or if the author change the rules so i can know should i use them or not.