What Is This Group?
Thoughout the 80's and 90's, we saw a lot of great television cartoons. We grew up learning life lessons, visiting far away places, laughing, crying and living in those stories. Now those children of yesterday are the artists of today with the power and ability to illustrate those far-gone characters and tomes. We gather the best of those creations here for some rose-tinted enjoyment.
Can I Be a Member?
You certainly can! You don't need to be the greatest artist or even a child of the 80's or 90's to join. Just click the "Join our Group" button at the top and you will be automatically signed up!
What Do You Accept?
We have quite the list of shows that we accept and we expect that list to grow over time. Generally, our gallery features shows that fit into the following rules:
* It must be a cartoon with a height of popularity in the 80's or 90's.
* Digital, traditional, sculptures and cosplay are all allowed.
* A working knowledge of anatomy even if stylized.
* Coloured/shaded or otherwise finished pieces.
* Crossovers will be judged on a case-by-case basis.
What Won't You Accept?
In keeping with the theme of the group and the objective to gather fine pieces, there is a judging process for each submission. Given the sheer amount of different shows we can permit, quality is going to be a key feature.
* Submissions must be of your own creation. No stealing or tracing.
* No pictures of merchandise or screenshots.
* No Original Characters or otherwise non-cannon creations.
* No anime. There are far better groups for those.
* No sexually explicit or ultra violent works. Keep it PG.
* No WIPs, sketches or unfinished/rough pieces.
* No poorly scanned or badly photographed submissions.
How Often Can I Submit Artwork?
Members will be limited to two submissions per week. This has proven useful in making sure artists are submitting their best works and also keeps inboxes from overflowing too quickly.
What Are the Rules of Quality?
To avoid spamming our box and the boxes of our members and watchers, a level of quality must be maintained.
* Submissions must be completed works of art.
* Anatomy must be relatively competent.
* Stylized is totally fine if done well.
* Characters must be recognizable.
What About ---- ?
If you think a show should be included in the gallery that is not currently listed, please send us a message to suggest it. For our full list of shows, please see Shows List. Please check the list before requesting a particular show as we may already be hosting it.
Why Was My Submission Declined?
If your piece does not make it in, it is likely because it does not follow one of the rules listed above. This is by no means meant to discourage you. We encourage you to keep improving and submitting your works.