1 Blog Entry
Latest: This blog is for your use
1. Posting so frequently, that the work of your fellow members scrolls off so quickly, that they wonder why they ever bothered to post at all. How often is too often? I guess that will depend on how big the group will get, but if you're doing a few dozen posts per day, I'm definitely going to put a halt to that. This is not Twitter. You do have the space you need to write a real post, so take some time, put some real thought into what you write, and make each post count. Also, remember that you can post comments to somebody else's post.
2. Beating somebody up where he can't defend himself. Yes, you can all hide comments on your posts (I think). But if somebody's perfectly reasonable reply is blocked from view, and then that person starts being attacked in the comments section by people who are misrepresenting or distorting what he had to say, I'm not going to be amused. It's not cool, it's not "part of the game", and it's not going to be tolerated.
3. Bringing your personal drama in from somewhere else. Yes, there are griefers, more of them every day, sad to say. Yes, it's OK to speak out against them and to work through the stress they (like obnoxious people in general) can cause, but this is not the place to do that.
4. Announcing items you have for sale, even if they're being sold for lindens instead of for real world currency. That is spam.
5. Announcing events of a routine nature. An in world dance party at which recorded music is being played is of a routine nature. The opening of a major art installation is not.
|More Journal Entries|
Founded 10 Years ago
Jul 30, 2013
For listing and discussing groups which are focused on Second Life or some other virtual world, which are not 18+. Images of places in such worlds are welcome in the pool for this group, as long as they are safe for work. Discussion of the more adult sims takes place in a companion group set up for that purpose, and personal disputes are taken outside, so that nobody else has to listen to the bickering.
This group can be followed on Twitter, Tumblr and Wordpress. Its content, both the photos in the pool and the posts in the discussion section, will be bookmarked on Diigo and Delicious. You can return to your ring through this page, or perhaps by using the code below.
another year of worlds gone by
I know you're sad
but there will be more time for worlds
in the future
WELCOME TO THE FUTURE
delete the internet except for WORLDS