What Is This Group?
We are dedicated to the animals, critters and creatures of the gaming world. You will find a variety of quality fanart spanning across multiple platforms. Think of it as a veritable video game zoo.
What Counts as an Animal/Creature?
We are looking for any character or creation that resembles animals and plants. A quick look through our Gallery and Favourites will give you a good idea on what we expect to see from our submissions.
Can I Be a Member?
Yes, you can! You needn't be the best artist in order to appreciate fine work and marvel in the huge world of video game creatures! Just click the "Join our Group" button at the top and you will be automatically signed up!
How Often can I Submit?
We allow for members to submit two (2) deviations per week. This is help prevent spamming of our submission box and our folders.
What Do You Accept?
We take a wide variety of artwork spanning many different styles, subject matter and games. They all must adhere to the same basic rules before being accepted here.
* Feature an animal/creature of the video game culture.
* Creature must be the focus.
* Digital, traditional, sculptures and cosplay are all allowed.
* A working knowledge of anatomy even if stylized.
* Coloured/shaded or otherwise finished pieces.
* Anthros are allowed, but must be mostly animalistic.
What Won't You Accept?
In keeping with the theme of the group and the objective to gather fine pieces, there is a judging process for each submission.
* No human or mostly human in form. (ie: zombies, robots, etc.)
* No OCs, Fakemon, or otherwise non-cannon creations.
* No WIPs, sketches or unfinished/rough pieces.
* No "animal version" of characters.
What Are the Rules of Quality?
To avoid spamming our box and the boxes of our members and watchers, a level of quality must be maintained.
* Submissions must be completed works of art.
* Anatomy must be relatively competent.
* Stylized is totally fine if done well.
What About Pokemon?
We get a lot of submissions for Pokemon. It's a very popular series with over 700 different critters. There are a lot of Pokemon groups out there and a lot of greatly talented Pokemon artists. To avoid this group being overrun with Pokemon, and thus overshadowing all the other games, any submission of Pokemon is judged very critically. Not all will make it in. Please see our Rule Regarding Pokemon post for further details.
What About Anthros?
We do have an Anthros folder in order to incorporate those creatures who are more animal than human. However, this folder is not separated by classes so it is prone to filling up and overcrowding with the same anthro series. Thus, Anthros will be judged more critically based on a few basic characteristics. For more in-depth explanation, please see our Rules Regarding Anthros post.
Why Was My Submission Declined?
If your piece does not make it in, it is likely because it does not follow one of the rules listed above. This is by no means meant to discourage you. We encourage you to keep improving and submitting your works.
|More Journal Entries|