A weather skin with attention to details...
• Up to 9 day forecast provided by The Weather Channel.
• Available in 20 languages: English, French, Italian, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, Czech, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Slovak, Serbian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Korean, Ukrainian, Finnish, German and Hebrew.
• Moon phase - a small moon phase image with additional info that can be toggled in the settings and a big moon phase integrated in the night time weather image.
• Includes 9 vertical and 3 horizontal variations.
• Very easy to customize (colors, fonts, etc).
• Semi transparent background (You can change its color and opacity or disable it completely).
• Support for Aero Glass (Blur) - only on Windows 7 / Vista.
* all the graphics, buttons and the moon and weather icons were created by me. if you want to use the icons look Here and read the description.
• To change the settings open the panel with the upper right button and click the gear shaped button on the left - the settings variable file will open (with notepad), you can change many things in there (be aware that the horizontal variations has their own settings and you will need to change it separately). after you make your changes, save the file and refresh the skin.
You can search google for your city coordinates or use these sites: www.latlong.net/ or www.mapcoordinates.net/
Click the button on the upper right corner of the skin to open the panel and click the Settings button, in the UserVariables.inc file that opens go to 'Latitude and Longitude' and paste the numbers replacing the old ones - save and refresh the skin.
Language, units and time formats:
Those who want to translate this skin to their language, simply open the panel with the upper right button, click the question mark (?) and read the instructions.
* If you have fully translated VClouds Weather 2 to your language please share it and I will add it in the next update.
• 13.4.2011 - Added Aero Glass (Blur) support (available only for Windows 7 and Vista. also added a background transparency option - use the settings utility to control both options.
• 4.7.2011 - Integrated new images of the moon phases into the current weather and tonight forecast images and removed the old small ones + minor changes.
• 1.8.2011 - Added an option to change the background color.
• 22.8.2011 - Multiple Updates:
a) Now the language can be easily switched via the settings utility (16 Languages are included).
b) Added more information to the detailed data and moon phase sections, it changes every few seconds.
c) a New Yahoo Weather variant (available for 1day forecast).fd
d) Changed the font to support more languages.
e) New loading screen.
f) Many small changes and fixes.
• 28.8.2011 - Fixed 'New Moon' phase image not showing in the Yahoo variant. Added moon elongation to the sun info.
• 31.8.2011 - Added Italian language thanks to DRACOVINIA74, added latitude and longitude to the Yahoo variant + small fixes, fixes to some of the translations.
• 5.9.2011 - Added additional tooltip information for the forecast days. fixes to translations.
• 8.9.2011 - Fixes to translations + minor fixes.
• 10.9.2011 - Fixes to translations.
• 16.9.2011 - Added Hungarian language thanks to Csige.
• 24.9.2011 - Added Portuguese language thanks to fabianopinheiro.
• 4.10.2011 - Added Tooltip info to the small moon phase icon. added moon elongation to the horizontal variations.
• 5.10.2011 - Added a shine effect around the background frame that subtlety changes color depending on the weather (can be turned off in the settings).
• 8.10.2011 - Fixes to the Shine effect.
• 11.11.2011 - Fixed wind speed showing N/A in the forecast tooltips.
• 21.11.2011 - Small fixes to the translations.
• 29.11.2011 - Added Spanish language thanks to EyesWolf.
• 4.12.2011 - Increased moon data update rate by request of Benjam Welker of iohelix.net
• 14.12.2011 - Added Serbian language thanks to xtrinity1.
• 13.1.2012 - Small code cleanup which hopefully fixes some of the problems people are having with the skin not fully loading. (weather.com recent screw up)
• 4.3.2012 - Minor fixes to the Hebrew translation.
• 28.3.2012 - Italian translation fix and a few overall fixes.
• 6.4.2012 - Added a width setting to the moon details line for languages with long words.
• 19.4.2012 - Fixed a small compatibility problem with the latest RM 2.3 beta (thanks to smurfier).
• 16.5.2012 - Added Czech language thanks to Ejmin.
• 4.6.2012 - Fixed moon data issues caused by rainmeter 2.3 beta r1434.
• 16.6.2012 - Fixed a line height issue in the Today/Tonight Forecast. Added tooltips to all the weather description lines.
• 17.8.2012 - Fully updated the skin to match the glasses suit.
• 3.11.2012 - Added the Slovak language thanks to sspooky13.
• 8.3.2013 - Fixed 9th day forecast not showing (fixed by Archange2009)
• 8.4.2013 - Added the Bulgarian language thanks to WeeD0x
• 9.3.2014 - Fixed Tonight forecast not showing up yet again. thanks to josey-wells and 1for-matik.
• 13.3.2014 - Fixed some log errors thanks to josey-wells.
• 8.4.2015 - Fixed Moon info thanks to benjamwelker. fixed day forecast not showing after midnight. added the Ukrainian language thanks to t1Hb. added sunrise/sunset time in 24h thanks to hw2015 for the code (to use it, enter English 24h instead of English in the language settings). many small changes and fixes.
• 14.5.2016 - Replaced the non functional weather.com xml feed. Removed the Yahoo.com skin.
Please update to the last version of the skin before posting about problems.
It seems that windows 7 does not have support for this type of character. Found that Black Droplet is inserted at iohelixMoon.inc lines 248 and 249 and VClouds Weather 2 - xDays.ini. I simply removed this character from code. Thank you very much for your help.
Very nice skin. I am trying to align it to the right edge of my second monitor, but I can't drag it to align with the right edge of the other skins. Is there a way to have the skin align to the edge of the screen like the other skins?
When VClouds is started the Rainmeter log reportes the following error about every second:
Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S (VCloudsWeather2\VClouds Weather 2 - 8DaysH.ini - [@PollenCurrentValidWeekDay])
After refreshing the skin the above errors stop and this one is reported - but only once:
!SetOption: Incorrect number of arguments (VCloudsWeather2\VClouds Weather 2 - 8DaysH.ini)
What does invalid timestampformat mean - can this be fixes somehow?
I cant reproduce the Invalid TimeStampFormat errors, I have seen them before but they come and go...
The !SetOption error is a mistype on my part and will be corrected in the next update.
The errors in this case does not mean that there's a problem with the skin's functionality so there's nothing to worry about. but thanks for letting me know.
Hi! Thanks for this skin. I'ts working perfectly. Is it possible to use smaller images? If so how can I do it? I've tried to reducing the images size but they look the same on the skin after updating it.
The moon phase details and small moon icon has an option in the UserVariables to turn them off.
The lines are:
;Moon Phase On (0) or Off (1):
;Small Moon Phase On (0) or Off (1):
The Today/Tonight also has this option but I forgot to add the line: Hidden=#Today# to all the sections in the ini files so some of them are still showing.
;Today On (0) or Off (1):