Ok, the doors are open until 12:01am EST (GMT-4) Monday, 10/21, so send your requests to me directly on a note here at DA.
- Right now I'm taking four types of commission requests:
- Headshot (lines): $10, e.g.
- Bust (lines): $20, e.g.
- Full figure (lines): $30, e.g.
- Animation design sheet: $25, e.g.
- When requesting an OC sketch, a bit of character background or reference will give me a feel for what the end result should be. You can request simple poses or ideas, or just let me try something if you're stuck.
- In the interest of keeping folks from waiting too long, limit two commissions per request (one character = one commissio
The current round of comms are done, and I'll be taking a bit of a breather as I work on a specific Warcraft project for one of my guildmates which will likely take a week or two. I'll probably open up a small round of commissions in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.
So I just found out that Aron died - the news broke about two hours ago. As someone who recently worked my way through the entire run of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, this cuts a little closer than it should. Aron played Nog, the Ferengi son of Rom and nephew of Quark, who ran DS9's bar.
He was the same age as me.
Before I found out about this, I had posted another journal entry here (now deleted) filled with some self-loathing bullshit about depression and alcohol, and then I heard this news. Suddenly, perspective came rushing at me like a brick to the face. News like this hits hard, especially when someone that you've just recently watched
That's to everyone who responded with suggestions in the "Need Feedback!" post - turns out the thing I'm gonna spend money on is therapy. I'm very cognizant of the fact that these clouds that started gathering when I went on vacation two weeks ago are only getting darker rather than dispersing, so today I made a few phone calls to figure out which sort of doctor I need to speak with and to get things lined up for treatment. It's not easy for me to admit that something here is wrong - especially when there's a lot going well in my life compared to so many others - but at the same time I can't try and convince myself that things are normal anym