As most of you may have noticed on this run of commissions, things are running a little slower than usual. This is partly because I've had more hours at work, but also because in the interest of giving commissioners more input in the development of a piece, I've changed the way I do them. Typically I would take an idea, come up with a rough, and when the rough was approved i'd move onto the final. The problem was that a lot of detail usually went into the roughs and if a client wasn't entirely thrilled with the result, redoing them took more time than it should've. What I've done this time is introduce a newer stage, where I do a basic blockout for pose and sizing (basically a silhouette or armature-styled layout), then once that's approved I go into detail, and then the final penciling can be done. I always want my clients to feel that they're getting the most for their money, and based on some prior jobs I've done I decided this was the best way to establish a collaborative groundwork before spending a lot of time on detailing. This does add a third day to the usual two-day process, but in the end I think its better for everyone involved.