Deviation Actions

UrbexTravel's avatar

The park complex in Morysin

The park complex in Morysin (The urban and architectural complex (construction) of Morysin) is entered in the register of monuments (No. Rej. 640 / 1-6 without 5. These are the following objects:

    - park
    - ruins of the palace (Palace, ruin, small palace with rotunda). The Rotunda refers to the Temple of Hercules at the Boarium Forum in Rome.
    - guardian's house (House of the guardian, ruin, caretaker's house)
    - warbler
    - oraculum (left), no longer in the register of monuments - it was moved to the Sculpture Pavilion in the park of the Wilanów palace. The main part of it was a stone figurine of Dionysus.
    - gate (A pseudo-medieval gate with a building), no NID decision

Only the last object is outside the reserve. The keeper's lodge has the date of entry 4.1965, other objects 4,193 (73-04-01).

Within the reserve there are also monuments listed in the museum inventory entered under No. 639/3 from 1.07.1965 and 639/3 from 1/01/1973 in the palace park with architectural and sculptural decorations:

    - Monument to the Battle of Raszyńska
    - Roman bridge

Both the park complex in Morysin and the palace park are part of the Wilanów palace and garden complex, reg. No .: 639/1 from January 1, 1903 and from July 1, 2008

In the 17th and 18th centuries, Morysin was entirely covered with riparian forest, which, due to its natural boundaries, served as a zoo. In the early nineteenth century - during the reign of Stanisław Kostka Potocki - the then owner of the Wilanów estates, its northern part was transformed into a romantic park and named Morysin in honor of Potocki's grandson - Maurycy, called dumbster Morys. In the park in 1811 a small palace with a rotunda modeled on the Temple of Vesta in Tivoli was erected, and in 1825 a so-called oraculum, or a figure of a pagan deity between two columns. This park was connected to the Wilanów palace complex thanks to the waters of the lake and the Sobieski Canal. There were also intra-park canals that allowed boats to go to the foot of the rotunda palace. In the mid-19th century, a brick caretaker's house and a wooden cave were built in the park, and the park was rebuilt, creating fashionable flower beds at the time. In 1846, an open brick neo-gothic gate was built in the open area south of the park (in the Morysin fields), which was enclosed by a tree-lined avenue located on the axis of the Wilanów palace. The park served as a recreation and recreation area for the owners of the palace and their guests until 1939, when its devastation began. After 1945, the park was incorporated into the National Museum in Warsaw, and since 1995 it has been owned by the Museum of King Jan III's Palace in Wilanów.

In 1973, the park was entered in the register of monuments of the Warsaw Province, in 1994 it was recognized by the President of the Republic of Poland as part of Warsaw - a monument of history.

More The park complex in Morysin…
Image details
Image size
5718x2848px 4.7 MB
Shutter Speed
1/15 second
Focal Length
18 mm
ISO Speed
Date Taken
Feb 16, 2019, 6:11:04 PM
© 2019 - 2021 UrbexTravel
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In