I am so fucking excited because a few weeks ago, I commissioned the lovely
to draw my Young Justice OC, Wren. And here she is!
Ain't she cute? I've not written very much about Wren because A) I don't feel very confident in drawing her and B) I don't really know anyone here in the Young Justice fandom.
HOWEVER, I wanna show off this gorgeous art of her and let you know a bit about her! I also did a tag on her last year, here:
Character Tag - Wren (Part 2)Lalalala, I'm doing this tag again with my Young Justice OC that I've never uploaded fanart for so this won't make sense to most people. Oh wellll. XD
1) Her favourite colour is silver.
2) She can sew, and while it mainly was for functional purposes at first (mending her clothes to make them last longer and to add extra pockets to things), she finds it relaxing and sometimes makes little plushies...or voodoo dolls. It's a coin toss what you get with Wren.
3) Wren can be...surprisingly persuasive when she wants to be. She may be kind of blunt at times, but though she's not booksmart, she IS very intuitive and has a good sense for what makes people tick.
4) When she gets angry her "ghetto speak" increases 10x and she'll randomly toss bits of Spanish into her speech until she calms down. She picked this up from her other street friends. She also starts doing a lot of hand gestures, mostly pointing and doing the "oh no you didn't" finger-wave. When she's furious, though? She d
Wren is a former hood rat who was adopted by the Team when they found her. She was involved in a museum robbery, but upon being intercepted by Robin, Kid Flash and Aqualad, they were rather surprised to find instead of a hardened criminal, it was actually a sassy, underfed teenage girl. Upon realising that Wren had been roped into the whole thing and she had nowhere to go (and being an unregistered meta-human), they decided to take her in.
Wren is wary and mistrustful of the Team and the Justice League for a while, particularly Batman - she's been forced to steal and run with a gang since she was ten and has something of a jaded opinion on "superheroes". Nevertheless, she does become quite attached to the Team, particularly Wally, whom she has a crush on, and starts to see them as a second family. Her own family were killed in front of her when she was young, and thanks to circumstances beyond her control, she had no choice but to run away.
Her powers are basically, she can do whatever a ghost can do - think like Danny Phantom. Invisibility, intangibility, flight (though initially she can't do this) and blasts of purple energy called 'ectokinesis'. The guns she has don't actually fire bullets - instead she feeds her ectokinesis into the gun and fires concentrated blasts of it instead. She designed them herself and they were given to her by the JL when she became an official member of the Team.
Personality: Wren is a typical Cancer - she's very moody. Partly this is puberty and partly because when she was ten, she witnessed the deaths of her family and is still traumatised about it to this day. (She has undiagnosed PTSD, but luckily therapy is mandatory for the Team.) Thanks to living a life on the streets from a young age, Wren is highly-strung and tends to be a bit of a paranoiac and has a deep-seated envy of the rich and elite. She's insecure about herself, particularly her uneducated ways and her underfed frame, but she's a very intuitive thinker and despite being snarky and abrasive, she's a natural source to turn to when you want to vent about your problems. She's also an excellent judge of character - she tends to get a gut feeling about people that's very on the nose. Though she lacks booksmarts, she can be quite profound on occasion and generally speaking she's a fast learner, mostly out of necessity. Once you get past her abrasive front, she's loyal to her friends and can be quite kind. Just...don't point that out to her.
So, I'm going to answer this OC Tag I found. RULES:1. Pick one of your OC’s
2. Fill in the questions/statements as if you were the chosen OC.
3. Tag 4 people to do this meme.
1. What is your name?
"Wren. And no, I ain't tellin' you my middle name."
2. Do you know why are you named that?
"My mom liked it, I guess."
3. Are you single or taken?
"Psh. Single, obviously."
4. Have any abilities or powers?
"I can walk through walls or disappear...and I finally remember how to fly. Oh, and see these guns? Yeah, these don't fire bullets - they fire energy. And I'm told it's real fuckin' painful."
5. Stop being Mary Sue.
"Kiss my ass!"
6. What's your eye color?
7. What's your hair color?
8. Have any family members?
"They're dead. Next question."
9. How about pets?
"Yeah, a raven. I freed his leg from some barbed wire and gave him some food, now he follows me around everywhere I go. I call him Zero."
10. That's cool, I guess. Now tell me something you don't like.
"I hate cops. No, that's not a joke. They hate people who need their help the most. Bunch've smug assholes with fancy badges, if you ask me."
11. Do have any activities/hobbies that you like to do?
"I used to go out and tag stuff. There's a lotta abandoned buildings 'round where I crashed before and they look way better with some graffiti art on 'em. I don't do it as much anymore, but I guess I like art okay, especially drawing or painting. It's one thing I don't totally suck at."
12. Have you ever hurt anyone in anyway?
"I grew up in a gang, dumbass, so what the fuck do you
13. Ever...killed anyone?
"Why, you volunteerin'?"
14. What kind of animal are you?
"I guess maybe a stray cat or something? I don't think I'm much like a bird, even if it's in my name."
15. Name your worst habits.
"According to my friends, it's smoking, but they're my goddamn lungs! I need cigarettes to relax! Uh...oh, and I steal things sometimes. I can't help it - things just stick to my fingers, y'know? Heh."
16. Do you look up to anyone at all?
"When you're 5'2, you look up to pretty much everyone. But I guess the JL are pretty cool. Just don't tell 'em I said that. And Roy's pretty cool when he's not being a douche."
17. Are you gay, straight or bisexual?
"Bi, I guess?"
18. Do you go to school?
"Fuckin' Gotham Academy. And no, it wasn't my idea, Batman made me go. And yeah, I know the uniform makes me look like a total fuckin' dweeb, so shut up."
19. Ever want to get married and have kids one day?
"Ha. Who'd wanna marry me? And I ain't so great with kids, they annoy me. I ain't been a kid since I was ten years old."
20. Do you have any fangirls/fanboys?
"Psh. I'm part of a Secret Ops team for a reason, duh?"21. What are you most afraid of?
"...There's a guy. Spider. He took me in when I lost my family, but...I owe him a lot. And if he thinks I stabbed him in the back...look, I don't wanna talk about it, a'ight?!"
22. What clothes do you usually wear?
"If I'm not in my Hero uniform or that stupid school one, I like pastel goth. That shit's cute as fuck. I always wear my locket. My...my mom gave me it."
23. What's one food that tempts you?
"Bitch, somebody who's been hungry for five years eats anything. I like pizza, though. And cheese fries."
26. What class are you (low/middle/high)?
"Heh. I used to live in an old warehouse - you do the math."
28. What are your thoughts on pie?
"As long as it ain't banana, I'll eat it."
29. Favorite drink?
"Long Island Iced Tea." -beat- "OH, you meant non-alcoholic? Uh, I like vanilla milkshakes."
30. What's your favorite place?
"There's a view from the cliffs of the whole city, it's pretty cool. I like the ocean too."
31. Are you interested in anyone?
"...I guess Wally's kinda cute, for an idiot. And Artemis's sister is so hot. Don't tell them I said that!"
32. That was a stupid question.
"No shit, Sherlock."
33. Would you rather swim in a lake or the ocean?
34. What's your type?
"...I guess I like confident types. Flirty but not sleazy, y'know? Someone cool, too, or at least they don't care what other people think."
35. Camping or outdoors?
"Neither. Bleh. I've spent way too much time outdoors."