With Megan claiming victory in the last tournament, we're now moving on to the next one:
. Unlike last time, you'll be able to get into this action
Let's break down registration details for new and returning OCs...New OCs
Each person may register up to 8 new OCs. Please include the following information via note when registering:
- Reference Image (must be clean)
- Element (Air, Cosmos, Darkness, Earth, Fire, Ice, Light, Magic, Tech, Thunder, Water)
- Stats (See Stats section below)
- Special Ability (See Special Ability section below
Each OC has 5 Stats
that can range from 0-12 (Exceptions listed):
- Strength: Attack power of the OC used to calculate Damage. OC with 0 Strength cannot cause Damage by attacking.
- Defense: Used to reduce Damage taken in an attack. OC must have at least 1 Defense point. Cannot exceed 10 for new OCs.
- Endurance: Reduces Damage taken in consecutive short- or long-range attack.
- Agility: Allows OC a chance to dodge or counter an attack. OCs with 0 Agility cannot dodge attacks.
- Magic: Allows OC a chance to perform a Special Attack based on Element.
Total of all Stat Points cannot exceed 30 for new OCs.
Each OC also can have a Special Ability unique to him/her, that can help in a match. The ability can be one of these types:
- Chance: Ability has a chance to activate at any time. Lasts 3 Turns, then cools down for 5 Turns.
- Constant: Ability is active for the duration of the match. Requires 2 votes to activate.
- Trigger: Ability is activated when an OC reaches 20 Health, often used as a last resort.
Note that these are ability types, and not the abilities themselves.
If your OC has participated in any of the last three tournaments, that OC is already registered, and will keep their Stats and Abilities.
STEP 2: QUALIFYINGThis is the important change to this tournament. Once your OC is registered, he/she can begin participating immediately. OCs will qualify for the tournament's Class 3 rounds (first round) by either:
1. Winning at least 3 Exhibition Matches OR
2. Reaching Level 5
Former OC tournament champions who wish to participate will qualify for Class 2 matches later in the tournament.
How to Participate in Exhibition Matches:
Participants may challenge another person's OC to an Exhibition Match in one of two ways:
- Send me a note issuing the challenge to another participant's OC. This option is available until July 11th, 2018.
- Publicly issue the challenge in the "Exhibition Match Area" channel of the Discord server.
If the challenged participant declines:
That's okay. You are free to challenge another person's OC.
If the challenged participant accepts:
- Voting will commence immediately in the Discord server's Exhibition Match Area.
- Exhibition Matches will last 3 Days, and each OC will begin with 50 Health.
- Match will proceed as normal, and XP will be awarded as normal.
You will be notified of the challenged participant's decision once it is made, regardless of their answer.
Don't worry about losing. The OC is free to participate in more Exhibition Matches, and losing an Exhibition Match doesn't eliminate an OC.
STEP 3: TOURNAMENT ENTRYThe tournament's qualifying period will end August 28th, and the tournament itself will begin September 1st. All OCs that qualify before August 28 will participate in the tournament.
Remember, to qualify for the tournament, the OC must do one of these three things:
1. Win 3 Exhibition Matches to qualify for Class 3 matches.
2. Reach Level 5 to qualify for Class 3 matches.
3. Former OC tournament champions qualify for Class 2 matches later in the event.
Good luck to all! If you have any questions, feel free to send me a note.
OCs Qualified for Tournament: *Indicates confirmed participant.
Alyna (Class 3, Level 5)
Amber (Class 3, Level 5)
Eddy (Class 3, Exhibition Wins)
*Ella (Class 3, Level 5)
*Fiona (Class 3, Level 5)
*Hana (Class 2, Champion)
Jewel (Class 3, Exhibition Wins)
*Jim (Class 3, Exhibition Wins)
*Lexi (Class 3, Exhibition Wins)
*Lyra (Class 3, Exhibition Wins)
*Megan (Class 2, Champion)
M.G. (Class 2, Champion)
*Misa (Class 3, Exhibition Wins)
*Molly (Class 3, Level 5)
*Moyo (Class 3, Level 5)
Retro (Class 3, Level 5)
*Serina (Class 3, Exhibition Wins)
*Sherry (Class 2, Champion)
*Tracy (Class 2, Champion)
Xeres (Class 2, Champion)
*Zero (Class 3, Level 5)
OCs with Exhibition Wins:
Mr. Number (1/3)