TCA Rehoming Project
Welcome to the Tokota Cultural Association’s Rehoming Project! Nestled in the well forested mountains of Tokotna is our little haven; here we house tokotas who have been given up, abandoned or are neglect cases from previous owners, and strive to find them caring, loving homes. These tokotas often have a colourful past and come with unpredictable and sometimes...odd...personality traits; if anything that just makes them more unique! Please come take a look at the tokotas we have available; if you see one you’re interested, read below on how to adopt!
At TCA we have 2 main volunteers that are here to help you throughout your visit and application process. As you walk in to the small, sandstone brick facility you are greeted by Maggie
, a warm and welcoming young woman with fire red hair. She will take you through the application process for the tokota you are interested in and direct you through to the holding pens at the back of the facilities.
Niamh then greets you outside; she is rather quiet and a bit shy, but she's excited to show you the tokotas. She will take you to the area in which your desired tokota is located and give you a bit of a fact sheet and run down on the tokota - from dietary habits to personality quirks to favorite toy to the tokota's personal preference for activity. Niamh will answer any of your questions about the tokota you're interested in and help make the viewing process as simple as possible. The rest is up to you!
Adoption Policy and Rules
In order to apply to adopt a tokota from the TCA Rehoming Project, there are a small set of requirements needed for potential applications. Your applications will only be seriously considered if you follow these requirements closely!
All entries must be submitted via the correct comment thread below;
- Entries for a tokota must be either full body with a background depicting the tokota and your own handler interacting in some way, or a 1200 word story describing in detail a meeting between your handler and the tokota.
- Entries must have at least 3-4 elements in the background to be rolled.
- Entries must have at least 50% of the handler depicted or written throughout the story in order to be valid.
- The tokota featured must be at least 80% showing in an image or written throughout the story in order to be valid.
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a newbie to tokotas.
- You can only enter once for each tokota.
- We’d prefer it if you kept the original name of the tokota however you are allowed to change it
- You may enter once for each tokota available, but you are only able to win one per round of adoptable tokotas
- All entries must be your own work, not commissioned or drawn/written by someone else
These adventuring pups miss the open seas! Depict your handler and the pup out on the beach, or maybe if it's a rainy day, listening to some old sea-faring stories! Perhaps they want to play with a toy treasure chest?
- Once the closing date for the tokota has been met, all entries for the tokota will be randomized, allocated a number and placed into a draw; rng will decide the winning entry
- Once the winner has been drawn, ownership will be transferred and the new owner may do what they like with the tokota!
Prompts for Entries
So you may be struggling with ideas for drawing or writing up your entry. These prompts are available to get you inspired for your entry; you don’t have to use these, these are more just a guide or a starting block for those having a little trouble
- You’ve just been let out into the exercise pen which is a large, grassy area covered in small flowers with a white picket fence surrounding it; the big, snow capped mountains of Tokotna in the background, with the tokota you’re interested in applying for; what do you do, how do you interact with the tokota?
- You’ve been given the task of giving the tokota you’re applying for a bath; does it end well or does it end up with you having the bath?
- You’ve been let out onto a large agility course, with many obstacles including jumps, weaving poles, and a tunnel chute. Will you be able to get the tokota you’re applying for to complete the course?
- You’ve been given the task of desensitizing the tokota you are applying for to many different items (examples: trash bag, cars, metal items; etc.). Is there a particular item he/she is afraid of? Can you get them to overcome their fear?
- You and the tokota have been taken out on a mock exploration expedition in the nearby forest to see how well you work as a team; what could possibly go wrong?
- The tokota you're applying for has a companion; draw or write about how you interact with the tokota and its companion
- You’ve been sent out to a fenced in paddock to help one of the tokotas learn to socialise, how will you interact with one of these tokotas?
Each tokota that comes through the Rehabilitation Project will need to complete a series of Rehabilitation Levels in their new adoptive home in order to successfully reach complete rehabilitation. These levels are simple and require set amounts of HP in order to be met. The adopted tokota must reach a minimum of 35HP to be confirmed by an admin in order to be classified as completely rehabilitated.
You may complete one level at a time, or all four at once, the choice is yours. HP can be made up of anything excluding the activities that the tokota has not reached the rehabilitation level for yet.
To submit your rehabilitation level confirmation requests, please go to the Hierarchy Updates
journal from the cycling journals hub:
(See: Hierarchy Updates)
0: New Beginnings || +10HP to Next Level
May not be used for the activities below
1: Gaining Trust || +5HP to Next Level
2: Developing || +5HP to Next Level
3: Confident || +5HP to Next Level
Hunting & Fishing
4: Rehabilitated || +10HP to Next LevelTotally rehabilitated, you may now do anything with your Tokota!
With an iron paw and a heart full of gold, Skipper is truly one of the best sea-faring tokotas that ever did sail! However, after a recent boat-sinking, and TCA officials finding herself and only two of her crew remaining in the icy cold waters, the employees are trying their best to figure out a home for the three of them, whether that be safely on land, or out sailing with a new partner.
>> Enter here for Skipper! <<
The Right-Hand Man, the best tokota that ever did bark orders. Bosun is incredibly smart, knowing how to get her way out of any locked cage or stall, and is constantly on the run. Despite her rough side, she adores the thought of being covered in red velvet and jewels, and is very content to be groomed!
>> Enter here for Bosun! <<
Often beat around and pushed around, Mouse is timid and shy. Particularly of any authority figure. He's very obedient, but tends to trip over his own paws in his rush to get things done. He adores being pet, but only if you're able to get close enough to.
>> Enter here for Mouse! <<
End date: June 3rd at 7pm EST
How often are new tokotas added?
We try and put out two tokotas out every month, however, this is not a hard deadline and it may take a little longer some months than others.
I won a Tokota, can I get the PSD?
You will be noted with the link to the PSD shortly after the winners are announced. If you have not received the note in over a week, you may note the group, not the artist about acquiring it. All PSDs are uploaded to Totem's stash, so all admins have access to it.
Will i be given the Hierarchy updates?
No, you will be provided a fully editable PSD with all the items and alterations in separate layers so that you may do the updates yourself or find someone else to do it without having to recreate the design.
Can i ask the admin who designed it to do any updates for me?
Yes, but admins are not required to provide any alterations to the PSD, and they may charge you for the service if they desire. You are not required to go through the designer to make any changes or updates.
Can i make alterations to the design or items of my tokota?
Of course, the tokota belongs to you and you may do with it what you like.
What happens if i make a mistake in my entry?
If you are notified by an admin 24 hours or more before the due date, you will have until the date to make the changes. If you are notified by an admin after the due date, you will be given 24 hours to make the correction, if you do not submit the correction by that time, you will be disqualified from that raffle.
How are winners decided? Can I up my odds?
Winners are decided by 100% RNG. All entries are assigned a number, and we use random.org to decide the winner. There are no ways to increase your odds.
Can I enter for more than one Tokota?
Yes! but you may only win one. Order for rolling is random, so if you really only want one, only enter for one as you will not be allowed to choose.