Hey! Just a journal with a few updates since I've been absent for quite some time.
1) I received my lovely Soom girls a couple weeks ago and they are waiting to have their magnets glues in, be sueded and blushed. They have such lovely outfits that, once all that previous stuff is done, they are pretty much good to go! I'm hoping to get together with my friend and do a nice pre-blushing teaser photo shoot.
2) Next paycheck I'm going to put in a fairly large order with Safrin eyes since pretty much ALL of my dolls need new eyes. I'm sort of tired of the unrealistic pairs that I own. Everyone needs smaller irises, I think. Not much of a fan of the giant eyeballs... Oh, I've also been working more with "eye placement," since I stumbled apon a very helpful post in Tumblr.
3) My friend and I have been collaborating lately and have decided to start making clothes for my dolls. She doesn't have any as of yet, but she loves sewing and has a lot of supplies, so that's exciting. I'm working on a bustier/ high waisted dress for Sybil atm. It's coming along a lot better than I had expected. I think I will make a romper for her afterwards. n_n
4) I may be making a secondhand dolly purchase very soon, but that's a bit up in the air at the moment, so I will try not to jinx it for now!
5) For quite some time I've been battling the idea of selling some dolls to get other ones that I want. I've decided to put that behind me and just work with how many dolls I have and want, rather than trying to cut them back. (8 and one floating head. How did that happen? Geeze.) I think the reason is that I just get so overwhelmed knowing that I have to cloth all of them. New dolls mean new eyes/ wigs/ shoes/ stuff! And it's a lot of work, money and time. But there's a lot of dolls I want at the same time so I need to just get over it and deal with it. Y'know? Oh, I'm sure most of you do haha.
6) I blushed and sealed Matthew the other day, he is still in need of a couple wigs.
Aside from the doll stuff, I'm finished school until September. Sort of anyways. Technically I'm taking a course online but I hardly count that as school. Also, one of the local veterinary clinics wants to take me on so I can get my volunteer hours towards my program, so that's exciting! I've also started working (almost) full time which is so wonderful since now I can afford more than just my bills. Plus, my lovely fiancé may be getting an excellent job in September so we are crossing our fingers for that one. It would mean moving away, which I've been waiting for!!!
On to new and exciting things, I had a very good feeling about this year.