Greetings and welcome back to Tokotas! Over the years Tokotas has evolved quite a bit and there have been a lot of major changes to adjust to. This guide aims to log major changes in one place for easy reference for both old and new players alike.
Listed below are the various sections of Tokotas. Within are the details that have changed along with the date they have been implemented for your reference.
Last Update: 2/6/2020
Group Info & Tokotna
- 02/01/2020 - The TT Calculator now defaults to sending items to the bank account rather than selling them for TT. Additional customization of Tokotna profiles has been added and custom message boxes are now present on profile and My Tokotas pages. Tack apps can now apply HP tokens right to the tokota's profile.
- 02/01/2020 - The companion journal has been overhauled and a bunch of new critters have joined us! From trusted hunting dogs (there are now bonuses for all the prey types, not just birds and deer!) to wily chipmunks and foxes (let's get those PvP rewards!) - you're sure to find a buddy that suits you! 01/10/2020 - A New breeding roller has been crafted on tokotna.com which includes all of the new bonuses and options provided with the 2020 opening modifications to the game. As of January 15, 2020, the old roller will no longer be used.
- 10/21/2019 - Tokotas have been removed from main user profiles and moved to the My Tokotas page. The My Tokotas page has more information about your tokotas and some limited search options so you can easily navigate all of your tokotas. A custom note field has been added to allow up to 280 character notes to be added to your tokotas. You can set up to 3 tokotas to be featured on your main profile page.
- 04/10/2019 - Tack, Traits, and Companions may now all be applied directly on the Tokotna.com website.
- 04/07/2019 - Tokotna.com links are required in all the places that need an import link, tribe benefits, or bank proofs. These links to imports may be quickly obtained by pressing the "Copy Link" button on an import and pasting the code onto DA:
- 04/04/2019 - Ownership transfers of tokokas may now be done on the Tokotna website instantly.
- 02/22/2019 - Tokota imports have moved over to Tokotna.com - if there are errors or discrepancies between the DA import and the website import, please use this journal to report them: Tokotna Import Information Error Reports
- 02/08/2019 - Crafting has been fully moved to the website. Any outstanding successes and recipe reveals are no longer eligible to be migrated over to the website.
- 01/21/2019 - “Story Central” has been released on Tokotna, where you may input information about your Tokotas, packs, handlers, and locations on the website.
- 01/07/2019 - The information displayed on the DA import has changed to the following format:
- 08/08/2018 - All of the rollers including, Breeding Roller, Lineage Checker, and TT Calculator have been moved onto Tokotna.com
- 01/10/2020 - The outpost (featured on the Cycling Journals Hub) has been hard at work developing new traits and features for Akotas. We now have several physical trait options available with much more to be unlocked. Please keep an eye out for future goals to achieve!
- 01/10/2020 - Dominant and Alpha Akotas now can receive litters that include 2 pups instead of just 1. Please note that litter boosting effects, such as fertility supplements, are still not applicable to akota breedings. Additionally, items that previously did not work such as the dark and light elixir, will continue to have no affect as well.
- 10/06/2019 - Tier 1, 2 and 3 starter slots have been retired and going forward new Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum prize tiers will be used for group sales and events. Any starter slots you already own will still be able to be used, and the starters you have available to pick from has not changed. You will still have to pick from the appropriate numbered tier. You can see the new starter slot tiers along with the old retired tiers here: Starters - Prize Tiers
- 08/12/2019 - Tokis are now officially recognized as a build instead of a mutation. Alterations to Mauja’s Draw have been made - It no longer increases toki rates however a new trait, Small Stature has been introduced to increase toki chances.
- 08/12/2019 - A large amount of changes to Non-Physical traits have occurred, including which traits are upgradable by Elemental Heart as well as introducing new traits. Please review the Non-Physical Traits journal to catch up on current traits and upgrades.
- 10/07/2018 - TCA academy ranks are now tracked on Tokotna.com
- 09/21/2017 - A new build is running around the game; Akotas! These large, prehistoric Tokota relatives are now available. Please see Species Information for more information.
- 09/14/2017 - A new rare mane has been released! Razor mane Tokotas are now available in Tokotna.
- 01/05/2020 - New guides, new resources, and new items have been revealed. The Design Guide Handbook now properly lists genes by their intended rarity. A Marking Layer Guide has been provided to help better explain what genes show on top of others. The Makeovers and Do-Overs Guide has also received some minor adjustments including allowing make overs to change eye color. Speaking of eye color... A new item allows for some really radical eye colors! Check it out here: Meelaniks Jinx. There are official lines now provided for the popular "Curled Bobtail" edit, which may be used if your tokota has both Curled Tail and Bobtail physical traits, but not required.
- 11/05/2019 - A new merle specific mutation Harlequin has been released Design Guide: Harlequin
- 08/31/2019 - Import lines are now on V3 which can be found in the Import Template folders - These lines have been cleaned up and contain updated eyes and flesh layers as well as containing all physical traits in one PSD file for your convenience.
- 08/31/2019 - The cheek fluff physical trait can now be expressed on all manes! These updated lines are contained within the V3 update to the lines as seen above.
- 08/31/2019 - The Thylacine gene introduced with the summer event 2017 has received an official design guide entry - Design Guide: Thylacine
- 01/6/2018 - Submissive lines are no longer being used! Gone are the days of needing to lift a Tokotas head while updating from submissive to average. Please note, all submissive Tokotas moving forward must use the average lines with the submissive background! Tokotas using the old submissive lines are not required to be updated.
- 11/07/2017 - Design submissions to DC are now limited to 5 designs per month, per user.
- 08/29/2017 Soul Pool Water has been released! This new item allows you to add physical traits to your Tokotas. Elemental Hearts are no longer used for this purpose.
- 01/12/2020 - Due to the faction system, outstanding faction challenge Random Event prompts will be voided on January 31, 2020 and will no longer be eligible for completion.
- 01/05/2020 - Factions! All the factions! We have entered a new beta phase where our classic 2 factions have branched out drastically to include a total of 6 factions to choose from, each with an array of bonuses affecting different areas of the group. Please see the updated Factions journal to view all the new bonuses and choices available to you!
- 11/05/2019 - New recipes Trait Tome and Metamorphosis Mixture (MetaMix) have been released. Trait Tome allows you to remove one trait from an uploaded tokota and place it back into your bank, similar to Tack Trunk and Creature Cage. MetaMix allows you to change the gender of a genotype.
- 11/05/2019 - PotA tokens can no longer be used to remove traits from uploaded tokotas or genotypes. PotA tokens can now be used to remove infertility from a genotype, and to resurrect a deceased genotype (Resurrection is only applicable to Genos born after November 5th 2019)
- 09/01/2019 - There are new crafting recipes to unlock! These new items are Tack Trunk, Light Elixir, Fur Foundation, and Collar Concealer.
- 02/4/2019 - A new totem system has been implemented, complete with new crafted totems and the items to craft them - Please read more about totem building here: Totems and Totem Building
- 10/09/2018 - New crafting items have been released! The new Hammer tool can be used to craft arrowheads as well as crush both large and small skulls into large and small bone fragments!
- 02/11/2018 - Leasing has made a return as a tribe-based feature.
Activities & Events
- 02/01/2020 - The activity roller has been updated to include all of the new faction bonuses, functionality for Totemic Blessing in Caving/Diving, as well as our new hunting dog companions.
- 01/10/2020 - PvP has updated to include some fun new companions as well as two new tiers of prize boxes - awarded while doing the riskier events - that contain increased rewards.
- 01/05/2020 - Tribe versus Tribe has been overhauled with new prompts, new rewards, and new rules. Check it out to face off your tribe owned tokotas against another tribe's to see who is the strongest
- 09/01/2019 - Activity forms may now be generated on Tokotna.com!
- 09/3/2018 - Holiday Lanterns no longer provide a boost based on their month of origin and now receive a slight boost all year round!
- 02/09/2018 - A new Continuous Events system has been unveiled. These new CEs feature a rotating set of prompts that change each season and new prizes to be earned.
- 07/04/2017 - Private leasing of Tokotas is no longer allowed.
Hierarchy & Rites
- 02/01/2020 - HP tokens can now be applied directly to a tokota's profile on Tokotna.com. Token applications from the 2018-2019 HU journals have been logged on Tokotna for your convenience. You may still apply tokens through HU. A tokota who is jumping from sub/avg to dominant with HP tokens, they may now skip the confirmation step and post the rites directly, as long as the tokota's profile lists the appropriate amount of HP needed for the update.
- 01/05/2020 - Akotas! Our beloved tokota ancestors have officially moved to the hierarchy system! From March 1, 2020 onwards Akotas will be uploaded by default as submissive/average. Older Akotas can receive their dominant companions and alpha traits by doing the appropriate rites. They are not eligible for PoTA tokens or Totems from doing these rites.
- 01/05/2020 - Bonding rites are now available for all tokotas to participate in. These special rites allow for a tokota and handler to work together to earn unique rewards. The prompts and prizes have been updated.
- 01/05/2020 - Tokotas no longer are required to raise their tails when they attain dominance. They may instead opt to use the provided approved symbols to denote their new status instead.
- 01/05/2020 - Rites of Fertility have received an update to include many more prompts as well as a new name for the final rite - now called the Rite of Alliance - which provides options for all six factions in our faction beta test.
- 11/05/2019 - Rite of Merit traits have been consolidated and renamed. Wild/Wily/Feral traits have been renamed Courage, Partnership/Tracker/Allied traits have been renamed Fellowship and Honor/Obedient/Stoic traits have been renamed Dignity.
- 09/04/2019 - AoAs, RoDs, and PoTAs may all be redone once per Tokota to select a different trait or companion as their respective rewards. This does not affect earned totems.
- 02/08/2019 - Tokotas that are giving an HP bonus (superstar, starter, alpha, bonds, etc) must have a link to their Tokotna import on your tracking journal for it to count.
- 06/30/2018 - Rites of Fertility now allow you to participate in the Rite of Knowledge or Rite of Strength regardless of your faction! Faction Points will only be earned if you do the rite matching your faction, however.
- 05/10/2018 - Rites of Fertility bonuses have changed and now follow a similar pattern to RoDs and PoTAs
Who owns the Tokotas group?
Currently the group’s highest management level contains; Barking-Birds, NorthPaws, and demonicrose
Tokotna.com has taken over! Just what things ARE done on website and what is still done on DA?
Greetings and welcome to the age of Tokotna!
Functions of the group that are currently done on Tokotna are as follows:
- Account Details - Your Faction, Tribe, Crafting tier, TCA rank, Totems, and more are now linked to your Tokotna account and will use your profile as your proof of these things.
- Import Ownership - Proof of ownership of a Tokota is now 100% on Tokotna
- Import Transfers - Ownership transfers are now done on Tokota - the thread on da, while still existing is not maintained frequently.
- Crafting - Crafting is now 100% done on the website.
- Bank Accounts - Long gone are the days of google docs - all banks are stored on the website and all items are bankable.
- Item Transfers between users - Item transfers between two players is done on the site.
- Tack Apps - While the thread on the DA bank journal still exists, tack applications are now available to do instantly on the website.
- The Trading Post - Store-bought items (basic tack, sturdy tack, fertility supplements, etc) are now purchased on the website. Additionally items sold back to the store once deposited are processed on-site as well. Trait tokens may also be exchanged for traits here.
- Tribes - Tribe ownership and membership are hosted on the website - we use Tokotna as proof of your achievements and tribe bonuses.
Things that are still processed on DA are the following:
- Account Activation - To activate your Tokotna account, a code that has been sent to the email you’ve provided on sign up must be posted to the appropriate thread on the account management journal before the account may be used fully.
- Redemptions - Transferring items from activity roll results are still done manually by an admin. These items are then accessible on Tokotna once processed.
- Design Approval and Decor updates - These things are still processed on DA via Design Central
- Activity Submissions Taming Attempts, CE’s, and other art-based submissions - All art is still processed through DA, any awarded items must still be redeemed to Tokotna to be used, but no artwork is uploaded to Tokotna for processing.
- Tribe Unlocks - Tribe achievements themselves are unlocked on DA and then applied to Tokotna.
What happens to my old Tokotas if I have returned under a new account? How do I get them transferred to me?
Please sign up to Tokotna using the account that owns your Tokotas as your primary account and then request it changed to your new one afterwards.
If an old account is deactivated on DA, you can still log in and send us a screenshot of the logged in, deactivated account and we can use that as sufficient proof to activate and transfer your Tokotas.
If you ended up with two active Tokotna accounts, please comment in the Account Edits thread of Account Management to get them merged.
Tribe TP Store [OPEN]
Welcome to the Temporary Tribe Store, where you can spend TP to buy nice things for your Tribe! This store may only be used by the Tribe Founders and Trusted Tribemates to make purchases on behalf of their tribe. Currently, the store has no closing date but will be removed when the system changes over to Individual TP. Purchase form: Tribe Tokotna Link: Tribe Bank Link: List all items you're purchasing with points: TP Total: Reply Here to Purchase Items All Prices are for 1 Item Each Static Items HP Token: 1 TP Basic Tack: 3 TP Sturdy Tack: 10 TP Basic Companions: 30 TP Includes: Australian Shepherd, Bat, Burrowing Owl, Corgi, Domestic Cat, Labrador, Narwhal, Otter, Peafowl, Porcupine, Pot Belly Pig, Pug, Pygmy Goat. Salamander, Seagull, Skunk, Turtle, Wolverine, all trading post dogs Uncommon Companions: 60 TP Bison/Bobcat/Python Beaver Mountain Lion Peregrine Falcon Pelican Platypus Puffin Snail Stoat Small Item: 20 TP Hand Paints: 40 TP Large Item: 75 TP Fertility Supplements:
Breeding Requests Part 2 - May 2021 [OPEN]
Breedings are OPEN > Main Breedings Thread < This journal is for posting breeding permissions and corrections to reduce bloating in the main thread.
Breeding Requests - May 2021 [OPEN]
Breedings are OPEN Important Tools & Links Breeding Rules Lifetime Breeding Tracker Monthly Member Breedings Tracker Breeding Etiquette * DO NOT HAVE CONVERSATIONS OF ANY KIND ON THE BREEDING THREAD * Decide litter distribution and contact breeding admins via notes. Do not create extra comments to tag owners, instead Note them a link to the breeding. Replies should be limited to litter rolls and the distribution of litter ownership. Click here to read the full list of exceptions. Members found breaking this rule will have their breedings declined. If you have an issue with how your breeding was handled or find an error, do not reply to the roller; instead note the @Tokotas group with a link to your breeding. Make sure you comment on the correct thread for that week. Only one breeding per comment. A new breeding request journal will be posted every month. It is your responsibility to keep track of your own breedings/litters! Breeding Rules Breeding requests are limited per user, per
Toko Tokens Bank - May 2021 [OPEN]
Bank is OPEN Welcome to the Toko Tokens Bank, the primary hub for the exchange and application of items and TT. Important Tools & Links TT Calculator - Helps with Forms Too! Bank Form Guidelines Stash Tracker Transfers Rules No more than five (5) transactions per comment unless otherwise specified. Do not alter or add any extra lines to the bank forms. Please fill them out as they are shown on the featured thread otherwise you will be asked to repost. If you need help on how to fill the forms out please check out the guide linked above! Do not comment anything other than your banking comment. No thank yous, no conversations - this is to keep the comment numbers down. Please do not request that items get transferred to another user. Use the Transfer system on Tokotna for this purpose. Tribe founders & trusted tribemates cannot withdraw Tribe Account items or TT for their own gain. Activity/RE results from Stash trackers cannot be redeemed here. All activity result trackers must be