Taming a tokota is a dangerous, and delicate business. Due to a high concentration of domesticated blood in certain overpopulated wild packs, the TCA and local authorities have allowed the taming of certain individuals.
The Wild tokotas gallery folder includes all of the current and past wild tokotas. The currently available tokotas are listed in the Wild Packs journal. These are the tokotas available to tame.
Each of these individuals may be tamed by anyone, be it member or newbie. You do not need to own a tokota in order to tame. If the tokota is not on the journal, it is not available. This journal will be updated when new wilds arrive and are released. The wild tokotas will be available for view for around 24 hours before they are available for taming.
To tame a tokota, you must submit a taming piece featuring the wild tokota and a handler of your choice.
You must draw your handler interacting with the Tokota in some way. Some easy examples are approaching the wild tokota, observing it from a distance, following its pack, getting close/offering food or treats, etc.
- At least 75% of the wild tokota must be depicted in order to be valid.
- At least 75% of the handler must be depicted.
- A semi-complex background is required (it doesn't have to be extremely fancy, but more than just ground shapes/blobs/gradients). You may not have large blank spaces where there is no color/shading/difference in tone. This generally means you must have 3-4 elements for your background.
- Black and white images, as well as color-palette-themed images are permitted; however, they must be sufficiently detailed and the tokota's individual markings must be discernible without difficulty. Comic-style B&W images are also allowed if they use enough variation in values to illustrate each marking.
- The Tokota is wild. Taming entries cannot take place indoors, in major cities, etc; please try to keep in mind where the tokota would be found in the wild!
- Must be at least 1000 words
- Must be relevant to the taming/interacting process.
- Your handler must be a significant part of the story. (Mentioned by name or nickname at least 7 times)
- In order to receive the pack mate bonus (or any other bonus involving another tokota), you must also include it as a significant part of the story.
Entries are rolled 100% randomly, with only the addition of certain bonuses below. Please read pack information for setting, as it will vary with the pack the wild tokota travels with.
Keep in mind that some tokotas have a fairly low chance of being caught, so this may take several tries. You are welcome to retry as many times as you'd like, however you must mind the restrictions found under the section 'How To Submit'.
Increasing Your Chances
A few wilds have specific restrictions listed on their imports that list if some bonuses will not work, so make sure to keep an eye out for that!
- -10, -25, -50 and -100 to the taming odds depending on your rank at the TCA Taming Academy.
- Hyena Totem grants -50 to your odds.
- Wild heart tokotas provide a 5% increased chance when pictured. Alternatively you can draw another currently wild tokota from the same pack for this bonus. They do not stack.
- -50 off the taming odds when a tokota with the Mediator trait Tokota is pictured or -60 if they are Mediator II. Only one can be used.
- +5 onto the taming odds if a Peaceful Soul traited Tokota is pictured (the tokota must be your own). It doesn't stack with more peaceful souls. This unlocks after 5 taming entries have been completed, and is a unique trait, meaning that it can only be passed down from another peaceful soul.
- 5% increased chance if you belong to a tribe with the taming benefit - you MUST link to your tribe's tokotna to show you are eligible for the benefits.
- 5% increased chance for newbies. (If you own 0 uploaded tokotas and 0 genotypes.)
Increased Chances With Each Entry
Every time you submit a taming picture for a wild tokota, the overall odds go down by -50 for that specific tokota. (For example, if the tokota's odds are 1 out of 1000, it would be 1 out of 950 with the next picture, and so forth.) Odds will stop at 1 out of 50.
Treats become available for use on the 6th taming attempts for any tokota. Treats are used to increase your chances of taming! Max of 10 treats per taming attempt. These treats add 1 to your chance of taming.
For bonded tokotas who chose the Baker trait, they can substitute up to 3 Treats. This can't make the treats go over the 10 treat maximum.
For reference, If your odds are 1 out of 1000 and you add 10 treats, it will now be 11 out of 1000. If you have a Peaceful Soul and add 10 treats, it would be 16 out of 1000.
Normal treats are purchasable for 500 TT each in the trading post, but there are several alternatives that can be crafted.
Home Cooked Treats/Taming Toys
Home Cooked Treats are a special type of treat that function differently to regular treats. They can be used to increase your chances of taming! There is a max of 2 Home Cooked Treats per taming attempt. These treats take -50 off of a taming attempt and stop working at 1/100. Home Cooked Treats can be used starting on your first attempt. All of these treat types are craftable.
Home cooked treat/Toy types:
In order to apply treats and home cooked treats you must link your tokotna account with the treats in your bank.
How to Submit
You may submit only one entry for every day that the wild Tokota has been available. You may make up those days that you missed with one taming entry per days missed, but has a cap of 5 a day per tokota. All attempts must be commented separately or you'll be asked to re-post to the next day.
Submit your entry by commenting on the correct open day's thread of the wild Tokota you are attempting to tame. When it is time to roll all entries for that 'day,' a new comment will be posted by an admin that signals a number of things:
- Closes that 'day,' barring entries from being submitted late or while the taming admin is rolling.
- Opens entries for the next 'day,' which will be judged in approximately 24 hours.
In your entry comment or deviation description, you must include the following information:
Wild tokota's reference sheet: (link or thumbnail)
Nicknames used for the Tokota: (if the entry is literature)
Handler name or nicknames used: (if literature)
Tribe: (Link tribe's tokotna, PLEASE DO NOT LINK IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE TAMING BONUS.)
Tokotas with taming traits: (Link their tokotna and state what bonuses they provide)
Items: (if any, please note normal treat types can't be used until the sixth attempt onwards)
Tokotna Account: (for TCA rank/Hyena totem or adding items)
Previous attempts: (if any, must be numbered in order)
Wild tokota's reference sheet: Valente WM138
Nicknames used for the Tokota: Valente, Val
Handler name or nicknames used: Hassian, Hass
Tribe: Asgardsreien Domain's Tokotna Link
Tokotas with taming trait/companion: Lucius 23238 - Peaceful Soul, Mediator II, Wild Heart
Items: x10 Fishy crackers
Tokotna Account: PaintedHyena's Tokotna Profile - TCA Rank 5
If you succeed in taming a wild tokota, it will belong to you, to breed, sell, name, etc. It is completely yours and you can change anything.
I've tamed a wild Tokota; can I use the taming attempts of other members for HP after the appropriate interaction level has been met?
You can, however it is considered polite to ask the artist and be understanding if they say no. The group cannot prevent an artist from taking down / altering their work but the art can't be re-used for another function because art is only allowed one activity in the group.
How many tokotas can I try to tame at once?
You can try for as many tokotas times as you'd like in a round as you like.
I tamed a tokota this round, can I tame another?
In order to keep things fair for everyone, you may only tame one tokota per round. Additionally, you may not tame a tokota in the very next round. In the case of collaborating, if your collaborator was lucky enough to tame a tokota, they may still collaborate with you on the next round, however they may not enter themselves for the tokota.
What if I need entries for TCA Taming Academy or need HP for the Hyena totem but I can't tame this round or don't want one of the current wilds?
You may always do taming entries and specify that you want them to be auto failed. The entries will still count toward your required taming attempts for your TCA level, as long as the minimum requirements for a normal taming attempt are met.
Will it be just like any other domesticated tokota, in terms of how I can use it once it has been successfully tamed?
Yes, but the interaction level will factor in.
Can I commission someone to tame a tokota for me? Or collab with someone?
You can't commission taming entries, but collabs are allowed. However the attempts only count for the person posting them and can't be used by two people. The person who tames the tokota is the one posting. Each entry can still only be used for one wild, collabing won't allow you to add another. The same goes for TCA Academy. In the case of owner-only traits like peaceful soul or taming items, they have to belong to the person posting to function.
Why was my taming entry skipped!?
If you believe that your entry was skipped, wait about an hour before noting the group. Sometimes things are just missed. Please also ensure that you posted your attempts in the right place!
Easter Egg Hunt 2020 [Closed]
News and Updates
Dr. Gaskin's Laboratory - CLOSED
"A semi-complex background is required and the image needs to have color (it doesn't have to be extremely fancy, but more than just ground shapes/blobs/gradient)."
Can it be like the following BELOW or does it have to have color, color..?
[RoF] night skys -
(PS: Due to the incorrect stuff on my laptop i'm not able to draw anything too dermadic.. so I draw all tokota stuff on paper... IF I have to I can break into the colored pencils. but i'm no good shading with colored pencils?)