What does "Starter" mean?
"Starter" Tokotas have no given lineage and are often the founders of certain genes, mutations or manes. Starters with this badge are owned by the group and thus have special exemptions to certain rules.
What's the difference between a starter and a member-owned Tokota?
- Starter Tokotas have unlimited lifetime breeding slots.
- Starters will appear in the lineages of abandoned puppies and semi-customs.
- Slots to Starters can be acquired through Aippaq's Shrine, contests, sales and various events. Slots follow a tier system that can be viewed on the Starter Prize Tiers journal.
- Starter Tokotas may be drawn by anyone, without requiring permission of the group.
- Breedings involving a Starter (posted by you) do not count against your monthly limit of breedings.
- Starter Tokotas may exhibit markings, traits, mutations and items not yet able to be obtained within the group.
- Starter Tokotas are permanently owned by the group and will never be for sale, nor owned by a member.
- A Starter will provide a 2+ HP bonus to Tokotas in any image in which he/she is depicted.
- Starters with placeholder designs (Such as AM1, AF2, etc.) cannot be used for this bonus until their official designs are released.
- Starter Tokotas cannot earn items from Activities.
- For rites such as the Rites of Fertility or Rites of Dominance, you can often use a Starter Tokota instead of a handler.
- Storyline-wise, all Starter Tokotas are owned by the TCA and are wild-roaming.
This journal is meant to provide a list of all official starter Tokotas. Alternatively, you can view them in this folder.
The Original Twenty
These Tokotas were the foundation of the group, posted on June 16th, 2014.
All of the following Tokotas are sterilized; though they may still be used by admins to fill semi-custom lineages, they will no longer be available for breedings.
These Tokotas underwent a re-design during the 6th Anniversary Event. Old Designs can be found in this folder and still be used for HP Purposes.
The Second GenerationThe second wave of starters, meant to provide new mutations, traits, markings, and lineage to the population.
Misc StartersAdded for events, and to introduce new markings/build types.
May not necessarily be dominant.
Tokotna is a unique and diverse place, which is reflected in our import backgrounds. Whether your Tokota is a special holiday Tokota or one that likes to explore, what better way to show it off than the background that accompanies your Tokota. From the unique surroundings of the wild Tokotas to the heart of Tokotna itself, you will find what you are looking for here. Each set below has a specific set of rules to go with it, make sure you read them carefully before you select the perfect background for your Tokota. > Link to Import Backgrounds < Free Backgrounds Coastal Usable by: Standard Tokotas, Tokis, Dires, Akotas Requires: - HU
Easter Egg Hunt 2020 [Closed]
Get Into the Easter Spirit! The snow is finally melting and Tokotna is alive with the sights, sounds, and smells (who doesn't love the smell of mud in the morning?) of spring. Everytoko is excited because the first signs of spring also mean that the Eastoko bunny will soon be hippity-hopping on his way to Tokotna. There is lots to do to prepare for his visit! This year, you can choose from 2 different Easter activities: Egg Hunt or Chickens vs Rabbits! Participation Prize: Participate in either or both activities, and you will receive: 1 x Easter Critter Carrier (Limit of 1 per person) Easter Event i
News and Updates
05/14/20 Hi everytoko! :new: Activities are also open! Please remember when you purchase an uploaded tokota that their activity tracker does not automatically switch over to any tracker you may have set. You must set up your tracker on that tokota once it belongs to you! -Islua Design Central is now open! Thank you all so much for your patience while we cleared. We have hired some more DC staff, and are training even more, so your designs should be gotten to faster soon enough. Again, you'll be able to continue using a free Sikrinerk or Borga stone background with each submission to DC this month (Import Edits excluded - this is only
Dr. Gaskin's Laboratory - CLOSED
Art by Mizie-Wolf (https://www.deviantart.com/mizie-wolf) Witness the Fruits of Your Labor! Sivoganik watches your distress drinking in all the dismay you generate from being tricked by the Evil Dr. Gaskin. After a few minutes they cackle again loudly, claws flexing in the dead bark of the trees before leaping. The multi-eyed form lands near you, then green and white smoke swirls around them from nowhere parting to reveal Dr. Vio Gaskin standing before you. She takes a deep bow before mocking you, "That was hilarious, such a good meal for me. I can't believe you never caught onto the name...hahaha...alright I'll go unlock the gate now. Let's get this show on the road." General R
Quick question: I want to use a starter toko for a story line involving my own tokos, but it would also involve the startet being ridden/interacted with by humans. Would that be okay canon/lore-wise?
Not for the starter bonus, no. They are not starters. However, it was posted in the News and Updates on 1/6/18 that we've added a brand new bonus for the deities.
- We have a a shiny new HP bonus - Lore Bonus! Including any of our glowing spirit friends in your submissions is now worth an extra 2HP
Fenrir isn't Alpha - he's Dominant. Check his background, check his hierarchy status. None of these starters listed here on this journal are on the Alpha background. Rainwater is currently the only one who is Alpha, even though she (and the other Summer Event starters) aren't listed here, so she would likely count for both Alpha and Starter HP bonuses.