ShopUpgrade to CoreGet Core
This journal is out-of-date and no longer updated!
Please check the Rites of Fertility Guide on Tokotna for current information!
This is a series of events that are required in order to breed your tokota. All three must be passed in order to receive an Arms of Akna award. Not only are these mandatory if you wish to breed, they will also help shape the future career of your tokota. The third rite has two options, each affiliated with a different faction. You may complete either rite, but will only receive faction points for completing the one that corresponds to your registered faction. You do not have to pick a faction in order to complete these rites!
Rules and Regulations
- The maximum number of tokotas you can participate with in one rite entry is three. You may include other tokotas for HP or story purposes in the rite entry if you wish, but only up to three may be judged.
- Tokotas must be uploaded in order to participate in rites.
- An entry can only count once; once it is judged you cannot edit it and resubmit for another Tokota.
- You may not use activities, quests, etc as rites entries, even for non-participating tokotas.
- Handlers/starters are not required unless otherwise stated. They will however grant the usual HP bonus, as well as provide a bonus to your tokota's score.
- Tack is optional unless otherwise stated.
- If an entry looks rushed, sketchy or very quickly done it may be denied. They don't have to be masterpieces, but if it looks like it took two minutes, it will not be accepted.
- Commissioned/collaborated entries are accepted.
- You must list all bonuses, eg items, companions, traits, and depicted bonuses for them to be counted. They will not be counted for if you do not list them.
- You must clearly separate Tokotas and other ARPG/species forms with breakers, gaps, bolded text, group icons, etc.
- Each rite must be submitted as a separate deviation.
- Art and literature should be submitted to DeviantArt, either in a gallery or scraps. Sta.sh may be used as a last resort.
- The image should not be much lower quality than your usual gallery standard. We judge against your gallery.
- Tokota(s) must be full body. (At least 75% visible).
- At least 50% of the drawn tokota and/or prey must be on the background, not in transparent or white space.
- If you are using an overhead view the legs must be at least somewhat visible, while angle is taken into consideration a straight up or down shot will not be acceptable.
- You may not use silhouettes, stamps, or stick figures for your rites for tokotas, handlers, prey, fish, or other required subjects.
- A semi-complex background is required (it doesn't have to be extremely fancy, but more than just ground shapes/blobs/gradients). You may not have large blank spaces where there is no color/shading/difference in tone. This generally means you must have 3-4 elements for your background.
- Images must be at least 300x300 px in size.
- Images must be relatively clean and it must be obvious which tokotas are pictured.
- You must be able to tell rites apart from one another via the thumbnail.
- Each tokota should look like an individual within the piece, not just a copy of another tokota. This applies within a single art piece and also to the rest of your gallery.
- You may not use premade 3D models, presets or bases to create your rites piece.
- Black and white images, as well as color-palette-themed images are permitted; however, they must be sufficiently detailed and the tokota's individual markings must be discernible without difficulty. Comic-style B&W images are also allowed if they use enough variation in values to illustrate each marking.
- Any black and white images that depict tokotas must have those tokotas coats and markings tonally depicted. This also applies to backgrounds, as they should also be tonally depicted, more than just lines.
- Crafts are allowed, however the background can not be a plain photo with no-little manipulation. There must be either a crafted element to the photo or it must be different from the original. Remember you are not allowed to use stock when using photo backgrounds.
- Photo manipulations are allowed, but must have a certain amount of changes made to the stock in order to qualify. (I.e. for a tundra Tokota you can't just copy and paste a white wolf into a picture of mountains.) They should be edited to properly represent the species, mane type, etc.
- Original artwork only; tracing another artist's work or using templates is not allowed.
- Must be at least 1400 words
- Must be entirely focused upon the task.
- Each tokota should play a role in the story, not just be casually mentioned.
- Prey animals, fish, handlers and any other required subjects must be thoroughly featured.
1) Rite of Merit
This test will evaluate and place your tokota into one of three "talent" sets. Choosing one or another does not decrease your chances in the other disciplines, though the trait you choose will provide benefits for the disciplines you wish to enter your tokota into. This test will also include a vet and conformation check, to make sure the animal is suitable to advance to the next two rites in the Rites of Fertility series.
2) Rite of Fortitude
This test will test survival, bravery, endurance of your tokota. Your tokota will participate in one of three tasks to prove their abilities.
3) Rite of Alliance
This final rite will be a test of skills and attributes important to each faction. There are three prompts to chose from for each of the six faction; anyone can complete prompts affiliated with any faction.
- 1 - 40 RNG score
- 1 - 40 unbiased effort score, this will be compared to your own gallery
- Optional: +10 for accurate setting. You can read more about the various areas of Tokotna here. Backgrounds should still comply with requirements for the prompts.
- Optional: +10 for including a handler or starter or lore figure. Does not stack ie: adding both a handler and a starter to a rite is still +10.
- Optional: +10 for a short story of at least 500 words. For literature entries, this bonus will be awarded for at least 500 extra words in addition to the minimum required word count.
- Many trait, companions, and items can be applied to increase the tokota's score; you'll find this information listed with each prompt.
- Each of the three rites earns one of the following scores: 0 - 35 = NOVICE // 36 - 65 = AVERAGE // 66+ = EXCELLENT
- The final score of the overall AoA is determined by the three individual scores. At least two of the rites must earn an excellent score for the overall AoA to be excellent. One of each score results in an average AoA.
- Tokotas that have visible inbreeding in their lineage will receive an automatic novice score.
- Dominant/alpha tokotas get an automatic excellent score.
- Dominant and alpha tokotas may re-do their rites. They must earn the same merit trait, but any rite of merit class within that trait is allowed. More information can be found on the Rites of Fertility Submissions page.
How to Submit
When you've finished all three rites, submit them to the Rites of Fertility Submissions page with the relevant form filled out in your comment.
Skin by Horsepoint and alexpeanut, paw icon by Kawiku, images by noebelle
[OLD] Import Backgrounds
This journal is out-of-date and no longer updated! Please check the Import Backgrounds Guide on Tokotna for current information! Tokotna is a unique and diverse place, which is reflected in our import backgrounds. Whether your Tokota is a special holiday Tokota or one that likes to explore, what better way to show it off than the background that accompanies your Tokota. From the unique surroundings of the wild Tokotas to the heart of Tokotna itself, you will find what you are looking for here. Each set below has a specific set of rules to go with it, make sure you read them carefully before you select the perfect background for your Tokota.
Easter Egg Hunt 2020 [Closed]
Get Into the Easter Spirit! The snow is finally melting and Tokotna is alive with the sights, sounds, and smells (who doesn't love the smell of mud in the morning?) of spring. Everytoko is excited because the first signs of spring also mean that the Eastoko bunny will soon be hippity-hopping on his way to Tokotna. There is lots to do to prepare for his visit! This year, you can choose from 2 different Easter activities: Egg Hunt or Chickens vs Rabbits! Participation Prize: Participate in either or both activities, and you will receive: 1 x Easter Critter Carrier (Limit of 1 per person) Easter Event i
News and Updates
05/14/20 Hi everytoko! :new: Activities are also open! Please remember when you purchase an uploaded tokota that their activity tracker does not automatically switch over to any tracker you may have set. You must set up your tracker on that tokota once it belongs to you! -Islua Design Central is now open! Thank you all so much for your patience while we cleared. We have hired some more DC staff, and are training even more, so your designs should be gotten to faster soon enough. Again, you'll be able to continue using a free Sikrinerk or Borga stone background with each submission to DC this month (Import Edits excluded - this is only
Dr. Gaskin's Laboratory - CLOSED
Art by Mizie-Wolf (https://www.deviantart.com/mizie-wolf) Witness the Fruits of Your Labor! Sivoganik watches your distress drinking in all the dismay you generate from being tricked by the Evil Dr. Gaskin. After a few minutes they cackle again loudly, claws flexing in the dead bark of the trees before leaping. The multi-eyed form lands near you, then green and white smoke swirls around them from nowhere parting to reveal Dr. Vio Gaskin standing before you. She takes a deep bow before mocking you, "That was hilarious, such a good meal for me. I can't believe you never caught onto the name...hahaha...alright I'll go unlock the gate now. Let's get this show on the road." General R
Featured in Groups