This journal is out-of-date and no longer updated!
Please check the Handler and Rider Rules on Tokotna for current information!
Due to certain complications and confusion regarding handlers in the past, this guideline has been written to help you determine what is and is not acceptable as a handler/rider for events where handlers are required and for handler HP bonuses. You have a very wide range of artistic freedom for handlers, but due to effort-based rules, we do need to impose certain limitations.
General Handler Rules
- Your handler must be capable of actually handling the Tokota. Can a basketball logically hold a lead rope and calm a scared or angry horse-sized beast? No. It must be sentient (able to feel, perceive, or experience subjectively), with at least some kind of appendages and limbs for which to actually handle the animal. Tentacles, human or anthropomorphic arms/paws/hands, and robotic limbs are all fine.
- Your handler may be shown in/on a vehicle within an image, but not one that obscures them any more than the percent of body visibility that is required.
- Shape-shifting handlers are perfectly allowed, but unless their non-human form is an anthropomorphic (humanized) creature this is only when the task guidelines do not specify that the animal must be ridden.
- Similarly, your handler is permitted to fly only when the task guidelines do not specify that the animal must be ridden. They must still be seen within the image, visible as much as is required.
- Keep in mind that admins still have a right to deny your image if they feel as if the handler is still not sufficient effort or visibility wise, even if it follows all of the guidelines, and regardless of what species it is. For example, if your handler is just a dot on the horizon, an uncolored silhouette, a stick figure, etc.
Acceptable Handler Size
Too small?(Applies to both riders and handlers)
It is very hard to depict a handler this small in a remotely sufficient manner as details are often hard to see. Admins would have to squint hard to identify what exactly it is, or if there is enough of it to qualify. It is also unlikely to be able to handle a tokota
Too large?(Only applies to riders)
A rider this large would put significant strain on a tokota's spine. Always keep in mind the average size of a tokota depending on build:
But my handler is my own personal character, and their design should not be for the group to decide!
That is absolutely true, and that is why, as stated above, this only applies to events where handlers are required and handler bonuses. By submitting art and participating in official group tasks, you must be prepared to follow the guidelines regarding them.
Please be respectful and mindful with your handlers, but remember that if you're not sure if something is acceptable or not, you are welcome to ask!
Do we have to do anything official like submit a handler reference to the group in order to use one?
Nope, they just have to follow these rules when you do use them!
How many handlers can one person have?
There's no limit! You can have however many and whatever kind of handlers/riders you please as long as they adhere to these rules.
Can I use one handler for everything?
[OLD] Import Backgrounds
This journal is out-of-date and no longer updated! Please check the Import Backgrounds Guide on Tokotna for current information! Tokotna is a unique and diverse place, which is reflected in our import backgrounds. Whether your Tokota is a special holiday Tokota or one that likes to explore, what better way to show it off than the background that accompanies your Tokota. From the unique surroundings of the wild Tokotas to the heart of Tokotna itself, you will find what you are looking for here. Each set below has a specific set of rules to go with it, make sure you read them carefully before you select the perfect background for your Tokota.
Easter Egg Hunt 2020 [Closed]
Get Into the Easter Spirit! The snow is finally melting and Tokotna is alive with the sights, sounds, and smells (who doesn't love the smell of mud in the morning?) of spring. Everytoko is excited because the first signs of spring also mean that the Eastoko bunny will soon be hippity-hopping on his way to Tokotna. There is lots to do to prepare for his visit! This year, you can choose from 2 different Easter activities: Egg Hunt or Chickens vs Rabbits! Participation Prize: Participate in either or both activities, and you will receive: 1 x Easter Critter Carrier (Limit of 1 per person) Easter Event i
News and Updates
05/14/20 Hi everytoko! :new: Activities are also open! Please remember when you purchase an uploaded tokota that their activity tracker does not automatically switch over to any tracker you may have set. You must set up your tracker on that tokota once it belongs to you! -Islua Design Central is now open! Thank you all so much for your patience while we cleared. We have hired some more DC staff, and are training even more, so your designs should be gotten to faster soon enough. Again, you'll be able to continue using a free Sikrinerk or Borga stone background with each submission to DC this month (Import Edits excluded - this is only
Dr. Gaskin's Laboratory - CLOSED
Art by Mizie-Wolf (https://www.deviantart.com/mizie-wolf) Witness the Fruits of Your Labor! Sivoganik watches your distress drinking in all the dismay you generate from being tricked by the Evil Dr. Gaskin. After a few minutes they cackle again loudly, claws flexing in the dead bark of the trees before leaping. The multi-eyed form lands near you, then green and white smoke swirls around them from nowhere parting to reveal Dr. Vio Gaskin standing before you. She takes a deep bow before mocking you, "That was hilarious, such a good meal for me. I can't believe you never caught onto the name...hahaha...alright I'll go unlock the gate now. Let's get this show on the road." General R
Featured in Groups