ShopUpgrade to CoreGet Core
"Hi friend! Beta Boon, here! This revamp of the Bonding system is currently in a Beta Trial period. That means anything is subject to change after an observation period. Hold onto your hats, here we go!
This journal is out-of-date and no longer updated!
Please check the Bonding Guide on Tokotna for current information!
Although tokotas are a large and fierce predator, most are naturally pack animals and instinctively develop close bonds to other tokotas in the wild. It has even been recorded, although rare, that a wild tokota can form close symbiotic relationships with other creatures. These relationships or partnerships can grow extremely strong and last a lifetime.
The TCA offers a special certification for bonding!
Please look over the requirements, below to find out how you can maximize your bond with this unique species!
- All work should be your own. It cannot be commissioned! Collaborations with one other person (2 collaborators max) is acceptable. Each person's parts must be clearly labeled.
- Images must be full body (75%+), colored, with a semi-complex background. (Grayscale/monochromatic images will be accepted if there is apparent effort to make your tokota distinct and recognizeable)
- Literature should be 1,200 words, and stay focused on the prompt.
- Prompts may be chosen from the general and appropriate build sections.
- A bonding set may only include one tokota being bonded at a time, even if collabbed.
- For bonding tokotas require a handler. Starters may not substitute handlers. This certification is meant to encourage the development of a bond between your tokotas and their handlers, so using Starters would not make sense!
- A tokota with the Packmate unique trait may be used instead of a handler.
- Each piece will be passed or failed based on the effort you put in, compared to your own gallery. Prompts need to have noticeable effort to pass.
- Choose only three of the available prompts to complete and submit on the Bonding form/journal.
- Those who have achieved Rank 5 in TCA Taming Academy only need to complete two prompts to complete their bonding.
The TCA is very tight-lipped about this mysterious certification. Only those who have acquired a tokota, via purchase, breeding, or wild-tamed (import) can begin these dangerous, life-altering tasks. If you think you've got what it takes to earn a Bonded Certificate, complete three of the following tasks of your choice to prove your mettle!
Each submission should include the following form:
Tokota Import [LINK]
General Bonding Prompts:
- Bonding and training a Tokota is indeed a tiring and time-consuming process. Depict your handler resting with the Tokota after a hard day of work. Will they keep each other company or keep their distances?
- The first meeting between you and your Tokota is an important event. What happened during that event? did it go smoothly or did it end in total disaster?
- How better to get to know each other than spending time alone together surviving off the land? Depict your Tokota spending time with their handler in the wilderness with few supplies.
- Tokotas are known to be smart creatures who can help with many medical needs, but they, like other animals need training. Depict your handler training their Tokota how to act as a service or Emotional Support Tokota.
- Your Tokota and their handler are having a disagreement. Depict the pair coming to a solution to their argument.
- Your handler was injured on a hunting trip with your Tokota. What does your Tokota do?
- Tokotas can be a handful when it comes to maintenance especially when they are not used to any sort of tool or item used by humans. Depict your handler attempting to groom their Tokota.
- Part of living with a breeder means living in harmony with many other tokotas, and particularly, young puppies. Depict your handler socializing their young Tokotas with other tokota puppies.
- New environments are scary for wild animals. Depict your handler taking their Tokota to a new environment, whether it's a farm, city, beach, etc. and how they comfort and reassure their Tokota.
- Tokotas have a strong prey drive, which even with diligent training is hard for them to overcome. Depict your handler working with their Tokota to avoid fights with pets, live stock, or other Tokotas.
Toki Bonding Prompts:
- You can lead a Toki to water but you can't make them drink. Depict your Toki being stubborn about something and how your handler gets their Toki to complete the task.
- Fun tricks are great for both bonding and learning, with rewards for being good. Depict your handler teaching a Toki how to do a common trick (ex: sit down, roll over, fetch).
- Something very important to your handler has gone missing. Depict your Toki using its keen sense of smell to locate the item.
- Tokis are known for running away, hiding, and getting into weirdly small spaces. Depict your handler finding a way to get their Toki to come home without hunting them down
- Tokis are the smallest of the breeds in Tokotna but they don't always remember that. Depict your handler getting their Toki under control when they decide to take on an enemy much bigger than them
Dire Bonding Prompts:
- In order to be a fully bonded pair and work together, your handler and their Dire must know one another well. Depict your handler and their Dire spending quality time learning about and from each other.
- Dires are not used to urban settings and narrower areas. Depict your handler taking your Dire into town.
- Dires are one of the largest breeds in Tokotna which causes them endless problems with smaller creatures. Depict your handler helping their Dire treat a creature much smaller than them with gentleness
- Known to be powerful, Dires are capable of utilizing their strength well, when properly tamed. Depict your handler training their Dire to wear a harness and pull heavy loads
- Despite their size Dires can be trained into being stealthy predators if they have the right handler. Depict your handler showing their Dire how to remain hidden while they track prey
Akota Bonding Prompts:
- Socializing an unstable beast is a dangerous task. Depict your handler attempting to soothe their Akota without suffering injury.
- Akotas are typically loners - due to their massive size and general ferocity, they do not live in packs, and must become acclimated to living with others. Depict your handler introducing their Akota to another Tokota.
- Food aggression is a big problem for a wild animal used to protecting its kills. Depict your handler attempting to remedy this dangerous habit.
- Unlike all other previously known breeds of Tokota, Akotas are still completely wild - they are new and untried, completely non-domestic. As such, they do not tend to take well to the trappings and tack that standard, dwarf, and dire tokotas do. Depict your handler attempting to put tack on their Akota.
- Part of working with Akotas is helping to further our knowledge about this new, unique species. Depict your handler assisting a TCA scientist or veterinarian doing tests, experiments, or research with an Akota.
ProminentTokota has a chance to roll Average Pups in Breedings that don't normally get Average Pups.
LoyalTokota receives additional +1 HP when depicted with a Handler and/or Starter.
BakerWhen depicted in a Taming this Tokota counts as up to 3 Treats. (Does stack with Totems, does not stack with other Bakers, and only works for the Owner)
ResourcefulAllows Tokota to find Abandoned Supplies while Fishing, Hunting, and Exploring. (Does not work in Tribe Activities)
TenaciousRemoves chance at Severe Injuries from all injury rolls. This affects all injury types. Stacks with Hardy/Porcupine/Porcupine Totem.
Found with the Resourceful trait, abandoned supplies open and allow you to pick two of the following: Basic Rod, Basic Bow, Dull Flashlight, Snorkel, Rope or x5 HP Tokens
- Any Toko that completes the Bonded Certificate gets +20 HP
- Players earn +3 FP when completing the Bonding Certificate. This must be redeemed in the current Faction Points Thread.
- The player will also get a Bonding Bundle deposited to their Tokotna account.
What does the Bonding Bundle contain?Bonding Bundle allows you to chose either a set of Sturdy Tack, HP Tokens, Trait Tokens or TT
How many tokotas can I include in bonding?For HP and story purposes you can include as many tokotas as you want, but only one tokota can be bonded per set, even if the set is collabborated with another user.
Does Trialist work in Bonding? Can I use a Representative tokota instead of a handler?No and no. Neither of these traits have any effect in Bonding. Bonding requires a handler or a Packmate traited tokota (instead of a handler) and only one tokota may be doing the bonding rites at a time no matter what.
Does my tokota get any bonus HP from doing Bonding?Yes, Bonding prompts count as rites and thus give the +2 rite HP bonus.
Skin by Horsepoint and alexpeanut, paw icon by Kawiku, images by noebelle
[OLD] Import Backgrounds
This journal is out-of-date and no longer updated! Please check the Import Backgrounds Guide on Tokotna for current information! Tokotna is a unique and diverse place, which is reflected in our import backgrounds. Whether your Tokota is a special holiday Tokota or one that likes to explore, what better way to show it off than the background that accompanies your Tokota. From the unique surroundings of the wild Tokotas to the heart of Tokotna itself, you will find what you are looking for here. Each set below has a specific set of rules to go with it, make sure you read them carefully before you select the perfect background for your Tokota.
Easter Egg Hunt 2020 [Closed]
Get Into the Easter Spirit! The snow is finally melting and Tokotna is alive with the sights, sounds, and smells (who doesn't love the smell of mud in the morning?) of spring. Everytoko is excited because the first signs of spring also mean that the Eastoko bunny will soon be hippity-hopping on his way to Tokotna. There is lots to do to prepare for his visit! This year, you can choose from 2 different Easter activities: Egg Hunt or Chickens vs Rabbits! Participation Prize: Participate in either or both activities, and you will receive: 1 x Easter Critter Carrier (Limit of 1 per person) Easter Event i
News and Updates
05/14/20 Hi everytoko! :new: Activities are also open! Please remember when you purchase an uploaded tokota that their activity tracker does not automatically switch over to any tracker you may have set. You must set up your tracker on that tokota once it belongs to you! -Islua Design Central is now open! Thank you all so much for your patience while we cleared. We have hired some more DC staff, and are training even more, so your designs should be gotten to faster soon enough. Again, you'll be able to continue using a free Sikrinerk or Borga stone background with each submission to DC this month (Import Edits excluded - this is only
Dr. Gaskin's Laboratory - CLOSED
Art by Mizie-Wolf (https://www.deviantart.com/mizie-wolf) Witness the Fruits of Your Labor! Sivoganik watches your distress drinking in all the dismay you generate from being tricked by the Evil Dr. Gaskin. After a few minutes they cackle again loudly, claws flexing in the dead bark of the trees before leaping. The multi-eyed form lands near you, then green and white smoke swirls around them from nowhere parting to reveal Dr. Vio Gaskin standing before you. She takes a deep bow before mocking you, "That was hilarious, such a good meal for me. I can't believe you never caught onto the name...hahaha...alright I'll go unlock the gate now. Let's get this show on the road." General R
Featured in Groups
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In