When you start out, you start at the lowest rank. Upon completing a rank, you will have learned the necessary skills to advance to the next rank. While you complete the tasks needed to move up ranks, you will be given bonuses that can be applied to taming. These bonuses increase as you move up until you reach the highest rank.
To move up in rank, submit your required image(s), items, and tasks' proof(s) [here].
Rank 1 - Novice Tamer
Rank 2 - Apprentice Tamer
Rank 3 - Skilled Tamer
Upon Completion: -50 off taming odds.
In order to receive the rank of Skilled Tamer you must complete the tasks below.
- Have a tokota earn excellent AoAs with the Fellowship Trait.
Focusing your training on the Fellowship trait will help hone your skills of tracking and observing the wilds.
- Have a tokota retrieve 3 pelts in a single hunting trip.
A good hunter is confident and determined. A skilled handler needs both confidence and determination.
- Successfully Craft Home Cooked Treats or one of the the toy variants.
A skilled tamer knows when they need to up the game of persuasion. Nothing is tastier than fresh treats.
- Create a piece of art that depicts your handler meeting his/her favorite tamed (previously wild) tokota.
One of the best ways to learn about taming is to meet a tokota that has already been tamed. Maybe it's handler can give you a few tips!
- Complete 10 Taming Attempts.
Skill comes with practice.
Rank 4 - Expert Tamer
Upon Completion: -100 off taming odds.
In order to receive the rank of Expert Tamer you must complete the tasks below.
- Have a tokota earn excellent AoAs with the Dignity Trait.
Focusing your training on the Dignity trait will help hone your skills of interacting with the wilds as well as earning their respect.
- Bring a Tokota to Dominance.
An expert tamer is also an expert trainer. Show your expertise by bringing a tokota to dominance.
- Find a companion via Activities (fishing, hunting, exploring, caving, diving).
Practice your taming skills while out on expeditions. If you can gain the trust of an animal you just meet, you can gain the trust of a wild tokota.
- Create a piece of art that depicts your dominant tokota meeting a wild tokota(s).
Your advanced skills as a handler might come into play. Two high status tokotas meeting could cause trouble. It's up to you to handle the situation as needed.
- Complete 20 Taming Attempts.
Keep your skills and expertise fresh by consistent outings.
Rank 5 - Master Handler
Upon Completion: -100 off taming odds. Only have to complete 2 Bonding prompts to bond with their Tokotas!
In order to receive the rank of Master Handler you must complete the tasks below.
- Place 1st in a Continuous Event. (Handler Required classes only)
There will always be competition when it comes to taming. A master defeats the competition.
- Bring a Tokota to Alpha.
An expert trainer may get a tokota to dominance, but a master trainer can trait a tokota to alpha.
- Create a piece of art that depicts your handler introducing your alpha tokota to a wild tokota(s).
An alpha may have the status of a leader, but true training willl allow your tokota to be one. As a master handler you must prove that your trained tokotas have what it takes to be an alpha.
- Complete 40 Taming Attempts.
All of this experience will help you Master taming.
- Entries made for the Academy may NOT be used for any other activity(taming, exploring, diving, breeding images ect.)
- Taming attempts must follow current taming rules.
- If an entry looks rushed, sketchy or very quickly done it may be denied. They don't have to be masterpieces, but if it looks like it took two minutes, it will not be accepted.
- Commissioned entries are not permitted. However, you may collaborate entries.
- An entry can only count once; and may not be reused.
- Images must be coloured and semi complex backgrounds are required (backgrounds must have some substance like trees, rocks, clouds in the sky etc.)
- A handler IS required and must be visible by 80% in all Academy art pieces.
- Tokotas must be visible by 80% in any Academy art pieces.
- All pieces must be completely original, no tracing or reusing of linearts or other elements.
- You may take artistic liberties, including background, location, style, etc.
- Images must be at least 300x300 px in size.
- Must be at least 1200 words in length.
- Must be entirely focused upon the task.
- The handler and tokotas must be mentioned significantly throughout the piece.
- You must fill out the following information in the artist's comments on any Academy art pieces:
Link to import sheet(s):
Nicknames used(literature only):
- Do not link an academy tracking journal, it will be turned down.
"If I already have all the requirements for each rank, can I just link them all at once?"
No. Each requirement must be earned after the confirmation date of the previous rank. Rank one is the only rank where you may link to already accomplished tasks as long as they were completed after the original date this journal was posted. 1/4/17.
"Do my taming attempts from previous ranks count towards higher tier attempts (like crafting)?"
No. Each ranks' tasks must be completed after each confirmation date. So they do not stack.
"Can I use any of the Academy images for other activities like taming and exploration?"
No. They can not be used for multiple activities, however, any tokotas depicted will receive a +1 HP show bonus like AoAs.
"Can I collaborate on the images?"
Of course! However each person must follow the rules and requirements for each image/rank.
"What can I commission?"
You may commission the AoAs, activity images, and any HP or rites you need in order for your tokota to move up. However, you may not commission CE entries, Weekly Quests, Taming Entries, or Academy Art.
"How do I show proof of my rank in taming attempts?"
Simply link to your Tokotna Profile as proof in the "bonuses" section on the taming form.
Gaskin's Experiment Journal
Wild Tokoween Design Contest 2023 [CLOSED]
Random Events August - November 2023 [OPEN]
Summer Hunt 2023 - Chasing Legends [CLOSED]
"- Create a piece of art that depicts your handler meeting his/her favorite Wild Heart or Mediator traited tokota."
Can this be any tokota or will it need to be a starter/wild? I own a toko with the mediator trait and I was thinking of using him!