Essentially, the Russians are more Pacific-oriented with a better Pacific fleet early on, and go on to conquer parts of Qing China, more of the Americas, and take the Philippines from the Spanish in return for Californian coastline. While initially not an incredibly valuable trade, Russia has since built up its little empire of the Pacific, furnishing the Petrines with railways, schools, universities, hospitals, and more. Unlike the Spanish, the Russians sought to integrate the Petrines directly into their territory, creating a Krai out of it and dividing said Krai into three governorates and two oblasts.
Colonization comes from all over the Russian Empire, with Africans, European Russians, Ukrainians, Poles, Turks, Siberians, and Jews all settling in the Petrines and helping to make it truly part of Russia. Just about 70 years after acquiring it, a large amount of the population speaks Russian as a first or second language as both the wealth and population of the Petrines continues to grow.
If you want a commission like this, feel free to contact me on deviantart via a note. If you want to support me and see more maps like this, consider donating to my Patreon.
I have several options for the development of events. 1. After the end of the Civil War in Russia, the Philippines will become an independent state, such as Poland or Finland, and a huge part of the White Guards will flee there. 2. The Philippines is independent after the civil war, but Soviet Russia will be able to regain control over them, after which they will become another republic within the USSR. After the collapse of the country, the Philippines will accordingly become a sovereign state 3. The Philippines secedes, retains independence and joins the comintern, which in the future helps them avoid Japanese occupation during World War II. During the Cold War, something like the Korean or Vietnam War could happen there. After the collapse of the USSR, the Philippines can remain a socialist country as the PRC or the DPRK, or become democratic as European countries. 4. Or Alexander Kolchak will create a white government in the Philippines, which will last until World War II, then there will be a war with Japan. I do not know if the whites will survive, but if not, the Americans will liberate the Philippines, after which they will become their sallelite.
2. What does Europe look like ITTL?
3. Do the US exist here? If so, how much pressure are they placing on Russia to give up their Oregon colony?
4. Is Russian Oregon considered a "wild west" land of sorts? If so, it'd make a good scenario... Imagine, cossacks instead of cowboys, either fighting indians or mingling with them
1. That can work, unless the commissioner says otherwise.
2. Again I really don't know, but I assume French-dominated as they'd be the only ones of the time period around the PoD to keep Russia at bay.
3. I assume something akin to the US exists but likely quite a bit weaker as they were not able to take Oregon from Russia.
4. It is indeed the wilder part of the empire and infamous for being a haven of rogues, cheats, and unwanted that come there to make as much money as they can. Think the American West while most of the places were still territories. Even the largest "city" wouldn't be called such by the people of European Russia.