Here is a dark minimalistic player skin Ive been working on for some time, to get to know the basics of Rainmeter. The whole skin is easily resizable due to the Scale and Width parameters added at the start of the skin file.
Standard music player actions are available through the cover art picture (a play button will pop up): Left click to Play/Pause, Right click to play the next track and middle mouse click to play the previous track. Scroll on the album cover to change the volume.
Rainmeter is required to run this skin: www.rainmeter.net/ . This skin is aplicable to many music players. Visit the Rainmeter manual to see the full list of supported players: docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plug… .
Changelog version 1.3:
- Skin disappears when musicplayer is closed, suggested by chematia.deviantart.com/
- New, cleaner cover substitute (for when the albumart is missing/ nothing it playing)
- More customization options!
- Scroll controls for the progressbar
Changelog version 1.2:
- Color customization
- Album colors, using Chameleon plugin by Socks the Fox
- A better quality play/pause button
- Scroll controls for volume on the album art
Hey uh... I know this may not be the very best place to ask but I've always noticed something with songs no matter the Rainmeter music player skin I use, Why does, let's say for example, a visualiser or even the play/pause fade effect tend to slow down drastically for some albums (like for example Big Fish Theory by Vince Staples) but on others (like 2001 by Dr. Dre) it appears to be more fluid. Get back to me whenever you can and thanks for such a beautiful music player skin like this
/*--I feel like I should be the one to answer this, seeing as it was my suggestion that led to the feature being implemented, despite the (creator | OP)'s misgiving's, 'coz your exact issue. [see comments below]--*/
1. Open the skin file ==> [Minplayer v1.3.ini] in a text editor,
2. Scroll to LINE 120 ==> [the "mStatus" measure(s)],
3. Comment-out the last 3 lines, these are the "if" statements ==> [LINE 125, 126, 127] by adding a semicolon [";"] to the beginning of each i.e. i.imgur.com/F0lH1Qa.gif
4. Save the file and lastly refresh the skin.
That's all, it should now be permanently visible.
I could do that, but some people might complain about a skin suddenly appearing on their screens, Ill probably add it in a variation.
Thanks for the comment!
Glad to see my suggestion featured and implemented, cheers for this.
Just got v1.3 and YESS!! The variation you added works neatly. Enjoying the new one even more, loving the cleaner look and size.
I stand by my earlier post, A++!!
If that's the case, check if the song your playing actually has an album art, It won't display anything if there's no value for it.
otherwise, if you're simply not getting any information, than you might need to change the playername and/or setup your media player properly.
Can I ask what musicplayer you are using?