Hiiiiiiii, it's me, Tinka Tiranor!
Today I'm writing a detail profile with some questions you guys would ask =w=
And yes, if you're Vietnamese, you can read an Vietnamese version here/ Nếu bạn là người Việt thì đọc bản tiếng Việt ở đây nha: bản Tiếng Việt
If you like my arts, please watch and introduce me to your friends. Thanks
- Name: Tinka Tiranor
- Other names: Tanki Toranir, Tinkatan, Tankitan, Tankihou (mostly used in Touhou fandom), Diow + Dio7 = Diow&7 (Diow7), Dơi (or Doi, it means Bat, my friends usually call me with this name)
- Birthday: 9/4
- Jobs: Student, amateur freelance artist, hobbyist writer, amateur translator, hobbyist designer
- Nation: Vietnam
- Languages: Vietnamese, English
- Hobby: Drawing, writing fanfic, listening music, reading books, playing games, anime/manga,...
- Currently fandom: Touhou, Steven Universe, Vanitas no Carte, Pandora Hearts, Mahou Tsukai no Yome, Land of Lustrous
People can do it, I can too. If nobody can, I'll be the first.
I don't care what they say about me, but what they say about things I made.
Actually VERY LAZY and reserved
Currently being a member and a sponger of GensokyoVN
- Tablet: Intuos Comic small CTH-490/B1-CX
- Traditional tools: pencil, eraser, ink pens, coloredpencils and highlight marker
- Program: Paint tool SAI, Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint Pro, and Manga Studio EX
2. My favourite
- Music: Instrumental, classical, pop, ZUN style,... nah, it's random, I would like any kind I think it's good
- Games: Touhou, Undertale, RPG games, Maple Story
- Books: only some light novels, but they don't really make me into them a lot
- Anime: I'm not really into any
- Manga: Vanitas no Carte, Pandora Hearts, Mahou Tsukai no Yome, Shokugeki no Souma, Black Clover, Fairy Tail, Akatsuki no Yona,...
- Vocaloid: IA
- Idol (including artist, mangaka, composer, arranger, vocalist,...): You can see a list here
(Other fandoms artblog) FacebookInstagram
(traditional stuffs and doodles)
- Do you use a tablet?
Yes, I'm currently using Intuos Comic small CTH-490/B1-CX
- Which programs do you use?
Paint tool SAI, Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint Pro, Manga Studio EX too (MS EX has more features than Pro). I'm using the crack version of SAI and Photoshop. I'm thinking about buying license when I open commission.
- Do you draw traditionally? Or only digitally?
I draw both, but I only use pencil, eraser and ink pens for traditional drawings, sometimes I use coloredpencils and highlight marker. I don't know how to use watercolor and it's a pain to clean up after coloring... Well, I'm lazy
- When did you start drawing?
As I remember and as my family told me, I first picked up a crayon and started to draw when I was 3. And yeah, I started to get serious for practicing when I was 13.
- Did you study art? Which school/course?
No, I didn't go to any official art school/class. Self-taught only.
- What do you enjoy drawing the most?
Everything, I think. Actually I'm not sure what I like the most, but yeah, it's everything
- What inspires you to draw?
Mostly Touhou... and its fanmade. They are doujinshi, fangame, music arrangements, theories, fanmade music,... I think Touhou won't stop inspiring me until I know all about it. In addition, to me, you may take a life time to know and understand all about Touhou.
My favourite artists' artworks inspire me a lot too, they make me want to draw something.
Anime/Manga are also the things that make me want to drawwwwwwww, I prefer manga, both the art and the story inspire me more than anime (whispering: I want to be a mangaka so I decided to start to draw).
Next are books and music, these are usually artists' inspritations. It's like when you read a book or listen to a song, you feel like it, you feel there's something in it, and that must be drawn to something that is visual.
- Do you often get artblocks?
USUALLY. I mean, there are lots of kind of artblock. When I get artblock is when I don't know how to draw the thing I want to draw; as well as when I have ideas but looking at the white paper/canvas, I forgot my ideas; and when I want to draw but don't know what to draw or can't imagine the thing I want to draw;... etc.
To stop your artblock, I think the best ways are suft around the Internet and try to look at others' artworks, listen to some music (like Touhou songs OwO), read some books,... or just go to bed and take a nap like me. But before doing all those stuff, I cry first (just kidding).
- How long does it take you to finish a drawing?
It depends on each type, except doodle, it won't be shorter than 2 days, I think, because I'm usually busy with school.
- When will you open commissions?
I'm not sure about this. I'm in grade 9th now and gonna have a graduate test and the end of the school year, to me VN education is very heavy and strict... So I think I couldn't open commission until next year, earliest is when it's Tet holiday, or you might have to wait until June.
Another reason is I'm not old enough to use Paypal, so I think I'm gonna persuade my cousin to let me borrow his name to create Paypal account, but not now... If I open now, maybe I'll just take a coremember as the payment.
- Do you take requests?
I only take requests when I get artblock, but rarely. Mostly the requests are doodles. Usually, I don't take request from strangers but my friends. Don't worry, I'll make an anouncement when I take request.
- Can we do art trades? Or collabs?
If you're my closed-friend, tell me anytime. Send me a note if you're stranger pleaseee =w=
- Can you join my projects? Or art books? Or contest?
I'm glad that you care about me, but I'm not alwasy free so please send me a note about your PJ/artbook/contest and I'll consider if I can join or not.
- Can I draw fanart/fanfiction/cosplay your OC/mascots?
Feel free! I will appreciate if you like my characters that much. But please credit me and make sure you know enough about my character in order not to make them out of character.
If you have any question, please comment below and I'll answer it =w=