Ok, so while going through all the old detritus of scans sitting on my back-up drive that I need to transcribe into searchable documents, I came across an old summary of accomplishments that I used to maintain for my website that covered from January 1997 through August 2001. I've scanner it into my note system and am cleaning it up for a neater format (as opposed to the giant wall of text that it has been). In addition, I'm going through my mostly defunct forum and grabbing news and announcements from there to cover a large chunk of activity from December 2003 until June 2012. I used to be a /lot/ more productive with things than I am these days... I'm clearly going to need to get off my butt and produce again. :)
I managed to surprise myself this weekend with a burst of productivity. Mind you, I would've hoped for productivity in terms of actual time sitting down writing, but at least I managed to scratch my more administrative itch by going through and purging and consolidating old files on my back-up drive clearing roughly 1 GB of duplicative docs and graphics in favor of getting things into their proper storage folders (or at least closer to those folders).
In addition, I did a bit of work transcribing some of my hand written notes into actual searchable text what is currently code-named as my Nexus project. Then I tracked down some actor and model references for Rogue Element, including updating the designs of some of the characters and did some research for image inspirations. What's distressing me there is I know for a fact that I had drafted more elements for the backstory on that project and, as usual, I can't locate that information, which leads me to suspect that it's yet another
Well, with as many years worth of products as I have for Daz/Poser, I decided to take some time to actually bring forth the older products so that they fit with the models I currently use. I'm still very much a novice at adapting these things so thank goodness for Autofit, but I also learned that you can't simply leave things autofitted as they sometimes forget what they are, so I've been converting to new *.duf files and making sure I locate matching texture packs so they all sit nicely together in Studio. I sweat I hate the Poser "Figures" vs. "Poses" concept...
So here's what I've gotten through this weekend...
Managed to convert:
* Dagon/Dagonessa from Hiro 3 to G3M along with the base textures, Richness, and Dragon Steel
* Damaru Jigoku from Hiro 3 to G3M along with the base textures
* Andromeda-6 from David 3 to G3M along with the base textures (except Helmet and Shoulder pads)
* Charming from David 3 to G3M along with base textures, Prince Charming, and Dangerous (except
Nice Do you use Poser or Daz Studio? If what you use supports IRay rendering, you should try that and upgrade your textures... it makes everything a touch more natural looking and you can add in filters like a faint gaussian blue that can sometimes really add to the atmosphere of the image. If you ever feel like we, could could collab on something. I'll go through the rest of the gallery a little later.. only got to make a quick foray in so far.
Thanks and I use DAZ 4.8, i find id have to mess with the gfx to much to do iray 3d still gives me enough of the muscle/fit stuff i tried iray and you couldn't even tell they where fit -_- we could, let me know, u know where to find me outside of DA, would be fun! Thanks for faving stuff