It's not lost on me that the last journal post I made was actually the one announcing last year's sale. It's been that long. It's been a rough year for me health-wise but I'm determined to keep with tradition and hold this sale. The catch this year is that these are very unlikely to be finished before Christmas. If you're still interested,
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING
for a few quick "rules" before doing anything. They're essentially the same as last year.
By requesting a slot reservation, you agree that you read these rules first.
1) $6 (USD payment by Paypal) OR 480 dA points gets you one sketch painting. You can choose which you'd rather send. This is a direct conversion so they're both the same amount. Paypal is preferred this year but I understand if points are the only payment method available to you.
2) Only one commission per person. I want to allow as many people as I can accommodate and who want to participate to be included. I'm opening FIVE slots in this sale. To reserve a slot, please leave a comment on this journal and make it clear that you want a spot on the list. If you're one of the first five people to request a slot, I'll reply to your comment below confirming this. I will send you information shortly after that via note. Please have your payment and reference pictures/descriptions ready to send. I hate to sound like a jerk, but if I note you and you don't respond within a day or two, I'll give your slot to someone else if anyone wants it.
Honestly, I haven't made my mind up about a waiting list yet. No Waitlist this year. Sale is closed.
3) I normally go through an outline sketch stage where the person commissioning me can request edits. As with previous sales I've held, I will be skipping this step. But please don't worry. If you request an OC who's an attractive female with long dark hair, I won't present you with a blonde dude. I think this change is reasonable for what I'm charging.
4) Remember that the sketch paintings made for this sale will all be GREYSCALE (black and white) HEADSHOTS (shown from neck up) with a SIMPLE background (a solid or shadowed gradient, depending on what I think would look best). Portraits must be of your original character, a family member, a friend, or a pet. As with my regular Paypal commissions, requests for copyrighted characters that you don't own will not be accepted. For OCs or family/friend portraits, please keep jewelry, costumes, hairstyles, and markings reasonable. For pet portraits, any "normal" animal headshot is acceptable as long as it's a realistic animal that you actually have or had as a pet. (So no rainbow fantasy wolves with unicorn horns, please.)
5) I'll do my best to get these finished as soon as I can. In previous years, it's been my goal to get them all sent out before Christmas, but I can pretty much guarantee that this won't happen this year. I'd put a soft deadline at the end of January. I totally understand that that's a long time to wait for some people. If this isn't for you, then this sale probably isn't either. Please keep in mind that I have normal commissions and a regular job too.
6) This last one isn't so much a rule as it is a request from me, especially since tough/weird to enforce. If you can honestly afford a commission from me at my normal prices OR if you have taken advantage of this sale in past years
, I encourage you to allow your fellow deviants who genuinely don't have the funds and did not get a chance last year to have first-go at getting a slot. Of course, if a couple days pass and there are still slots open then go for it.
Thanks for reading!
•RESERVED SLOTS [ALL COMPLETE]