Oh man, I remember when I used to do loads of these on a frequent basis.
1) You must post these rules.
2) Each person must post 10 things about themselves on their journal.
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you, and create ten new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4) You have to choose 10 people to tag, and post their icons on your journal.
5) Go to their pages and tell them you have tagged her/him.
6) No tag backs.
10 things about me. (A.k.a. What topics to avoid if you don't want to be held for the next X hours)
1) With few exceptions, I love canine things (dogs, wolves, werewolves, coyotes, dingoes) but can also be persuaded to like other floofy critters www.youtube.com/watch?feature=…
I wouldn't own a cat though--completely different rules.
2) I love writing stories and drawing (silly) comics (photography, abstract art and design tends to go over my head), though that doesn't say much since I'm already on DA. I was drawn here by OCTs (yamiredpen.deviantart.com/art/…
) and they remain one of the highlights of my stay.
3) After spending about 4 years on DA, I've come to appreciate originality, humour, the macabre, the provoking and even radicalism in art, FAR MORE than stoic beauty. Yes, as a werewolf fan, I do appreciate snarling angry werewolves, but show me something like this: fav.me/d4z69hz
and I'm sold
4) I'd be lying if I said I was only 'something of a gamer'. My preferred is Turn-Based strategy, RPG, and RTS with pause buttons (cheat, I know
). I just wish games these days didn't require fast internet connections (Diablo 3 and such). Some of my favourites were Final Fantasy 9 (very nostalgic, and none of that highschool protagonist syndrome), Planescape: Torment (Black Isle, I worship thee), Baldur's Gate Series (B.I. again), Nox (really old) www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwghXN…
, Heroes of Might and Magic V, and more.
5) I find that RPing helps me write stories. Then again, I was used to RPing before coming to DA (more convincing now, I hope :3). Mainly with Dungeons and Dragons (I've stubbornly stuck with 3.5 edition since the prospect of browsing another bazillion rulebooks balks me). Good fun, though I've an odd penchant for playing strange, kooky or otherwise just plain ugly characters. If you've no idea what D&D is, try picking up the game "Temple of Elemental Evil" for a faster electronic introduction.
6) I love most varieties of music, though I prefer things with catchy beats, or a pounding base, or RHYMING LYRICS (Disney classics
). I avoid any modern wangst music like the plague, though then again there are great parodies that arise from those www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKtlK7…
7) I prefer cooking my own food when I can, unless I'm short for time. See my Deviant ID for a hint at my skillz
My favourite foods are Malaysian foods: Satay, Roti, Kway Teow, Mee etc. (I'm so sick of sandwiches by now in the UK). I prefer plain water--coffee does some really WEIRD things to my head, and my parents have given up trying to teach me to distinguish alcoholic beverages from one another.
8) I'm not strictly religious by a long shot, because to be so would demand obedience to certain scripture (and paper, however you look at it, is dead wood). However, I am very grateful for things the way they are now with my family, friends and future prospects. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism
9) I've been to quite a few places around the globe. I'm more of a city person (urban Japan, Singapore and the Gold Coast being some of my favourites), though I'd love to see the Alps and Tibet some time. Canada ought to be nice too.
10) If you've read this far, you are a dedicated time waster, and should be acquainted with TV tropes if you're not already so. :3 tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php…
Questions I'm being asked. (Gee, this journal is still going on?)
1) The best book I've read recently is "Thud" (fantasy with more than a slice of life), by Terry Pratchett (who never fails to amaze). And for something a bit more classic, "The Stars my Destination" a.k.a. "Tiger, Tiger" by Alfred Bester. (Sci fi)
2) I don't have any favourite youtubers (if you mean following people)
3) Lucky number? No such thing for me. Though let it be known that I love nice rounded figures, so stick your Pi and imaginary numbers elsewhere. >:M
4) The Queen of England is a real person. Though if I were her, I don't think I'd be on DA
5) ... I thought OTP was one-time-password for a long time. I'm really not much of a shipper, since I believe it's up to the authors to write the story (and if they're smart, they'll know where to cash in, or kill off
6) See 7 above
7) I laugh in bad horror movies. (And for the matter, I cringe and hide behind furniture in bad romantic films/books). But if you want honest laughs, look no further than Tiny Toons and the classics.
8) Pigs will be able to fly when their launched at high speeds from suitably high altitudes, or at calculated trajectories. No one said they had to fly very long, right?
9) If I could have one superpower, I'd make it the ability to make other people smarter, wiser, and as a whole, better people. (Then I can be the ONLY villain on Earth, mwahahaha)
10) Tongue twisters? Not my kind of interest, unless you mean in the sense of watching politicians try to backtrack through speeches.
(Hey, not bad questions at all!)
I choose to tag no one. I DEFY YOUR CONVENTIONS!