I won't be logging into DeviantArt until September.
I'm already behind in my uni work, I have about half the years work to finish before I can pass. I've got an extension until September and I'm going to work my arse off.
I've got nothihng on the go for anyone so that isn't something I need to worry about.
Sorry about that, but I really need to get this done.
See ya guys =/.
Thanks to for the idea.
He said I should think about opening one and he has a point, I do tend to pose rather a lot. It may as well go towards helping people .
I made the icon quite like my new one, which I quite like, it has a nice wintery feel to it.
And look! If you stick 'em together, they make a nice and pretty, big one .
Well, last night was one of the best fucking times of my life. I stayed at Matt's place, at uni. We'd arranged it beforehand, it wasn't like I just turned up. I went 'cos it was karaoke night in the Student Union bar. And we all know how I love karaoke. So, I went through, got there at about 5. We sat in the bar for a bit, then went back to his and watched some of the Office.
We got changed and went down to the SU bar at about 8... Put myself down for Love is all Around, Stop Living The Lie and a Let Me Entertain You duet with Gordon. Been a while since we did a song together, was good.
Anyway, some pissed blokes dressed in school uniforms got up and murdered Love Is All Around before I got a chance to do it. =/ But I did the Robbie number with Gordon, which rocked (I love making a bit of a show with singing, I do all the yeahhhhhhhhhh bits)(8/10 from Helen). And I did Stop Living The Lie afterwards (8/10 from Helen).
Then we went back to Matts, I got changed and we set off into town.
Now then, it was free entry to Ignite in Boro to everyone dressed as a superhero. Admittedly, there were only seven costumed people in the whole place. Spiderman, Batman, Robin, Catwoman, Superman, Supergirl and the Punisher. This was a bit of a disappointing turn up number of costumed people, ignoring the twenty-odd Smurfs running around the place. I have no idea why Smurfs, by the way, but hey.
Supergirl was stunning (with all her chin stubble and leg-hair), her head hair also seemed a bit detached at times, too. Weird.
Bet you never knew Spiderman couldn't dance, did you? Truth be told, he's shit. Especially at Chav music. Rock music, he can pass at (he's amazing on air guitar), but when it comes to all the 'big fish-little-fish-cardboard box' stuff, he'd rather just stand there like his hands are webbed to the floor and bounce around a bit.
...Yes of course I was fucking Spiderman.
Now THAT fucking rocks.
Anyway, on the way to Ignite, we walked past Walkabout, the place was quite busy (Chesney Hawkes had just finished a set). We tried to get in but at the door they asked me to take my mask off to see my face and they decided I didn't look 18, twats. Didn't have ID with me so we just sat outside n waited for a few mates to come out.
For about 20 seconds, then there was a big rush to the windows. "OMGSPIDERMANZ!!"
I looked down at myself, perched on top of a bollard and laughed. That must've actually looked quite cool.
I thought it'd be quite safe to walk around Boro 'cos I assumed there'd be more than seven people walking around in costume, but no.
The doors flew open and the girls poured out. "Can I have my picture taken with you, pleaeease?"
The best one was "Sod Chesney Hawkes, I want my picture taken with Spiderman."
The worst one was "No, it's Spidergirl. There's a ponytail sticking out the back of her mask."
So we stuck around there for a while, while I stood with my arms around half the female population of Middlesbrough. I don't think Matt minded, he got a few phone numbers from some of the girls, lol.
Ignite was great, the music was class until they started playing all the chavvy shit. They actually played Buck Rogers. Fucking Buck Rogers! But yeah, then it got chavvy and I just bounced for a few hours.
On the way home, we were stopped by just about everyone we passed. They either wanted a photo or to just shake my hand. I got called a Legend a few times, which was nice. And without the slightest hint of irony, which was even nicer. We stopped off to get some chips and met Superman and Batman, arguing. Which made me, quite literally, rofl (You'd think Superheros would have a bit more in them when it came to getting drunk on alcopops). I really wanted them to start battering eachother around on that roadside, I had my camera on me and that would've been awesome.
The sheer hilarity of it all was amazing. I mean, I laugh a lot at really obscure things when I'm drunk but I was in piss fits, rolling around the floor outside the pizza shop.
But anyway, they resolved their differences but ended up getting mobbed by a bunch of girls and ended up in their boxers.
It was so funny sat in the pizza shop, two guys in boxers ran one way, then a minute later, Superman and Batman ran the other. Like something off Scooby Do. And all I could think of was that episode of Only Fools and Horses. And roll around on the floor some more.
So, we made it back to Matts in the end, we sat and listened to some t00ns and finally went to bed at about 4:00am. We were going to go into the department to do some work in the morning but as we didn't wake up until 3:40pm, we gave that a miss. I went home from there and got a chinese with me Mother. Now I'm writing this.
In other events, mice have all gone now... Mother, being Mother, caught them in traps and now they're in the big mousehole in the sky-skirting board. =/
Also, after coming to a realisation about my sponge fetish, I went to Boots the other week and spent £7 on 3 different sponges. A nice big, blue one, a super soft one and a half rough, massage sponge. I'm now happy.
I've reorganised me room too, it's great, got loads more apace. Only flaw being that my optical mouse doesn't work on my new glass topped desk. So I'm forced to use a mousemat =/.
Nowwww it's bedtime. So I'll see you all again soon.
- Listening to: Theme from Spider-Man - Aerosmith
- Reading: Frank Skinner - Frank Skinner
Welll then, uni starts on the 26th September. Oh joyous days, I'm soon to be back in the routine of early mornings and boring bus trips. Hafta be out of my door at 7:30am to get to uni for 9:00, ten minute walk from my house to the bus stop, wait for a bus change in Sedgefield, ten minute walk from Middlebrough bus stop to the uni. I can see myself wishing I could just stay there. =/
So, eBay is the spawn of Satan, once again. £300 I got a cheque for two weeks ago, how much is left? £40. And I'll be spending that later on today when I go into Durham with Gary for me Mothers birthday present... Sigh.
On the bright side, by the end of the month, I should have about £5,000 in the bank, thanks to loans and grants. Uni r0x.
Bought Hulk: Ultimate Destruction the day before yesterday. I don't know what happened to Marvel since the first Spider-man film game but their new games are amazing. X-Men Legends, Spider-Man 2, Hulk: UDare all great games. If the trend continues, I can't wait for X-Men Legends 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man.Though hopefully, they'll have the same kind of style as their predecessors, as thus, will rock.
And haha, on the games front, I love this year! We've already had Sonic Advance 3, but now comes Sonic Gems, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Rush, Sonic Riders and good news on Sonic 360. Also, Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Emerald are mint.
Art front? Nothing much new, sketch things, lose interest. Same old same old.
Plus, I'm putting quite a bit of effort into an STC-O strip I'm doing,. Trying to get it done asap, even though its release date's not until this time next year. Hopefully by then, it won't look too crap compared to whatever I'm spewing out then.
That's the thing with me, I don't get better gradually, I have sudden advances every now and again, so sometimes I can look back on something I drew maybe only a few weeks back and despair at it. It's really weird.
Anyway, I've bored you enough, that's my life as of now. Later.
- Listening to: Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
- Reading: How to be Good - Nick Hornby
- Watching: Madagascar
Fucking holy sweet Jesus in Heaven.
That ruled... So much.
They took the stage , started a riff. Justin yelled 'C'mon Newcastle!' as explosions erupted from the stage edge and the song kicked in. THAT set the fucking night off.
So, they started off with a new song, which was class. Then Justin came to the front of the stage.
Justin: Gimme a 'N'
Justin: Gimme a 'ewcastle!'
Justing: Where the fuck in the world are we tonight?
Justin: And it's fucking great to be here too!
Seriously, a dude who wears a black and white striped catsuit to please the local fans is worth the respect in my book.
So, after the crowd rousing, Justin offered to play one of their 'super star hits' and, of course, everyone accepted. They played Growing on Me and the place was truly in their grip. From then on, they could do no bad.
They played some new songs then ran into Love is Only a Feeling while blue and purple stars were shone around the arena. Which calmed things down a bit, enough, in fact, for them to play the power ballad from their new album. Which was also class.
Justin: What day is it today?
Justin: Are you sure? There's a couple of guys down here *points to the pit* who reckon it's Friday night.
Crowd: *Goes beserk*
Justin really is such a performer though, endless leaping and bounding... Dunno where he gets the energy from.
So yeah, loads of funny crowd talk pieces. Such as getting us all to sing along to the final line of Get Your Hands Off My Woman, playing random tunes on his 'keytar' and generally getting the Geordies wound up (In a good way).
For the encore, Christmas trees were fitted up on the stage and a keyboard in the middle. Justin came in and started playing/singing the Band Aid song. After a few lines he stopped:
Justin: Anyone notice anything about thins song? Yeah, it's shite isn't it. I only get to sing one line! Let's do a song where I sing ALL THE FUCKING LINES!!!
They then did their Christmas single Don't Let The Bells End and finished on a very loud bang and a brilliant pyrotechic display. Then we came home, very VERY happy we'd seen them live.
So, to recap: The Darkness 'Living on the Sledge' tour 2004 fucking kicked arse.
- Listening to: The Darkness - Get Your Hands Off My Woman
So, yeah. I haven't been that great as of late, to be honest... Cursing chromosome seven yet again. www.cff.org/about_cf/what_is_c…
Had the week off college, if not completely for myself not being able to concentrate for the constant coughing and resulting headaches, then for the sake of everyone else being distracted by me. Meh.
Will have to go in next week though, I should be a bit better by then. I've got some work to catch up on and a project to get started on.
A woman came up from the catering department last week and asked me if I could make a Warhol - Marylin style print of her daughter as a Christmas present. I said yes and it'll be worth about £30 hopefully. I'll be splitting the work/money with Lesley 'cos she's the one who actually did the print that got noticed in the course guide (www.deviantart.com/deviation/1…).
I bought omegacomics a 3-month subscription today 'cos I thought he deserved it, so that's my contribution to society until I unleash my Christmas presents on everyone...
Got the Red Dwarf series 5 DVD the other week and I think it's the best one so far.
Got Super Monkey Ball this week, finally. That game is so much fun on multiplayer.
Almost done on X-Men Legends... Two more missions left.
Umm, that's about it I think... Wish me better soon.
- Your good friend, Stiv.
- Listening to: Train - Drops of Jupiter
- Reading: Last one was Alex Rider Series - Scorpia
- Watching: Last one was X-2, for the millionth time
StivCo. Graphic Enterprises www.stivco.com is now fully up and running.
StivCo. Forums are up too, go have some fun.
College is great, required to make plasticine models and animate them, write up an essay on comics and I miss communications, so I finish at 2.30 on Wednesdays.
Goin great with Bec, having loads of fun.
I have a tidy room, looks dead posh and officey now.
Life is good...
- Listening to: Max Payne 2 - Late Goodbye.
- Reading: Just read Ben Elton's Dead Famous
Be what in store for the day before?
No it's not supposed to mean anything, it doesn't even make sense.
So yeah, back at college now. Can't wait to get back on Monday and get my teeth stuck into a proper challenge.
My girlfriend's passed her driving test. Yay free taxi. (Lol, only jokin darlin).
I have yet to start my lessons... I will do sometime soon, I have the money and everything, it's just a big thing, I feel all uncomfortable about it.
Dunno what to do now really... Just tidy me room and doodle I guess... Later.
- Listening to: Will Young - Evergreen.
Heres a little thing I stole from j2n4me
1. Copy this whole list into your journal.
2. Bold the things that are true about you.
3. Whatever you don't bold is false.
01. I miss somebody right now
02. I don't watch much TV these days
03. I love olives
04. I like to sleep alot
05. I own lots of books
06. I wear glasses or contact lenses
07. I love to play video games
08. I've tried marijuana
09. I've watched porn movies
10. I have been in a threesome
11. I have been the psycho-ex in a past relationship
12. I believe honesty is usually the best policy
13. I have acne free skin
14. I like and respect Al Sharpton
15. I curse frequently
16. I have changed a lot mentally over the last year
17. I have a hobby
18. I've been told I: (women) have an applebottom, (men) am packing.
19. I carry my knife/razor everywhere with me
20. I'm really, really smart (or so i've been told)
21. I've never broken someone's bones
22. I have a secret that I am ashamed to reveal
23. I hate the rain
24. I'm paranoid at times
25. I would get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe and free of cost. Its debatable.
26. I need money right now!
27. I love Sushi
28. I can talk really, really fast
29. I have fresh breath in the morning.
30. I have semi-long hair
31. I have lost money in Las Vegas
32. I have at least one brother and/or one sister
33. I was born in a country outside of the U.S.
34. I shave my legs (females) or face (males) on a regular basis
35. I have a twin
36. I have worn fake hair/nails/eyelashes in the past
37. I couldn't survive without Caller I.D.
38. I like the way that I look a lot of the time
39. I have lied to a good friend in the last 6 months
40. I know how to do cornrows
41. I am usually pessimistic.
42. I have a lot of mood swings
43. I think prostitution should be legalized
44. I think Britney Spears is hot
45. I have cheated on a significant other in the past
46. I have a hidden talent
47. I'm always hyper no matter how much sugar I have
48. I think that I'm popular
49. I am currently single
50. I have kissed someone of the same sex
51. I enjoy talking on the phone
52. I practically live in sweatpants or PJ pants
53. I love to shop
54. I would rather shop than eat
55. I would classify myself as ghetto
56. I'm bourgie and have worn a sweater tied around my shoulders
57. I'm obsessed with my Livejournal
58. I don't hate anyone
59. I'm a pretty good dancer
60. I don't think Mike Tyson raped Desiree Washington (???)
61. I'm completely embarrassed to be seen with my mother
62. I have a cell phone
63. I believe in God
64. I watch MTV on a daily basis
65. I have passed out drunk in the past 6 months
66. I love drama
67. I have never been in a real relationship before
68. I've rejected someone before
69. I have never been to a big concert
70. I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life
71. I want to have children in the future
72. I have changed a diaper before
73. I've called the cops on a friend before
74. I bite my nails
75. I am a member of the Tom Green fan club
76. I'm not allergic to anything
77. I have a lot to learn
78. I have dated someone at least 7 years older or younger
79. I plan on seeing Ice Cube's newest "Friday" movie
80. I am very shy around the opposite sex sometimes
81. I'm online 24/7, even as an away message
82. I have at least 5 away messages saved
83. I have tried alcohol or drugs before
84. I have made a move on a friend's significant other in the past
85. I own the "South Park" movie
86. I have avoided assignments at work to be on Livejournal
87. When I was a kid I played "the birds and the bees" with a neighbor or friend.
88. I enjoy some country music
89. I would die for my best friends.
90. I think that Pizza Hut has the best pizza
91. I watch soap operas whenever I can
92. I'm obsessive, and often a perfectionist
93. I have used my sexuality to advance my career.
94. I love Michael Jackson, scandals and all.
95. I know all the words to Slick Rick's "Children's Story"
96. Halloween is awesome because you get free candy
97. I watch Spongebob Squarepants and I like it
98. I have dated a close friend's ex
99. I'm happy as of this moment
100. I need to get laid. honestly, who doesn't though?
- Listening to: The Rasmus - Guilty
- Reading: Dinner For Two - Mike Gayle
- Watching: Some Bumfights documentary
Woo, rejoice and celebrate. Expect the next week to be totally devoid of activity and maaaybe you might get some art next month, when I've recovered... Love ya all.
Yeah, the French were just lucky. We gave them the game. We had it under control for 90 minutes, then they cheated a bit to get a free kick, then a bit more to get a penna. We were winning until injury time! Bastards.