Thenewmikefan21 on DeviantArthttps://www.deviantart.com/thenewmikefan21/art/HTM-274-879491953Thenewmikefan21

Deviation Actions

Thenewmikefan21's avatar

HTM 274

Published:
3.5K Views

Description

I took this picture at the Netherlands Open Air Museum in 2019.


This motor vehicle was part of an order in 1919 for 30 motor vehicles (series 250 - 279) from the company HAWA for an amount of 15,876 guilders and 35 cents per motor vehicle.

It was delivered to The Hague in February 1921 and entered service on March 13, 1921. On delivery, the motor vehicle was painted cream-colored with red piping and wagon numbers. The frame, like the balcony doors, was painted brown.

At the end of the war, the motor vehicle was taken to Düsseldorf on January 18, 1945. It arrived in Düsseldorf on February 6, 1945 and served there until February 16, 1945. After the end of the Second World War, it took until January 17, 1947 for the motor vehicle to return to The Hague. After an inspection of the condition of the motor vehicle, it was sent to la Brugeoise for recovery. On June 28, 1947, the motor vehicle was returned to The Hague in a repaired manner. The doors were now cream and the base painted gray. The course signs and line lanterns had been discontinued, and line number boxes and directional film boxes were installed in their place. On July 30, 1947, the motor vehicle appeared on the street again.

The HTM had ordered new engines for this series in England (Crompton type C123, A1 of 90 HP / 66 kW each) and these were placed in this motor vehicle on 23 February 1950. With this, the motor vehicle, along with its series, was one of the strongest motor vehicles in The Hague which could easily pull two trailers.

The motor vehicle was driven for the last ride in the passenger service on April 7, 1963, after which it was still used as an instruction vehicle and odd job vehicle. For example, on January 2, 1966, the motor vehicle was on display at Savornin Lohmanplein, where it got stuck with the pantograph in the overhead line during an instruction ride, and the motor vehicle derailed during an instruction ride on May 14, 1966 on the corner of Laan van Meerdervoort and Zoutmanstraat. In February 1970, the motor vehicle was still used as towing force for the H25 grinding trailer.

On May 31, 1974, the motor vehicle, towed by motor vehicle 826, was taken to the former depot in 's-Gravenmade and stored there. From here the motor vehicle left on a truck (in conjunction with HTM 824 and HTM 826) on June 7, 1974 to the Electric Museum tram line Amsterdam and actually did not serve there. Ultimately, the motor vehicle was transferred to the tram line of the open-air museum in Arnhem, which opened in 1996.

On October 1, 2011, the 274 ran for the last time and went into the depot / workshop for the necessary overhaul. Among other things, the roof and electrical wiring were renewed here. After it came back into service in 2012, the outside of the motor vehicle was renovated in 2014.

The motor vehicle is owned by the Arnhem Open Air Museum.
Image size
1862x1536px 4.72 MB
© 2021 - 2024 Thenewmikefan21
Comments1
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
RNDmodels's avatar

nice to see they keep her running rather than as a static fixed display as what happens to so many