I wanted to modify the treasure chest scene to have someone open the treasure chest and find a baby inside. Maria published instructions on modding the treasure chest props, but I could not find them on the wayback machine; I found a link that looked promising, but it led back to her vanished page here at deviant art. Consequently, I had to start from scratch but emboldened by the knowledge that it was doable.
The first thing I did was hunt through the game files looking for the names of the files that specify the prop that appears in the treasures chest. Skipping over my missteps and restarts, here is a list of the files you need to know to implement such a mod:
Bluescreen Composition With Camtasia
Camtasia is available in a free version and is a very useful tool. It not only allows you to capture your computer screen in full motion video with audio, it is also a great video editor and has lots of special effects that are very easy to use.
In the above scene, Sam The Investigator meets Giganta, who is in colossal form, while he is standing on the roof of a castle in the highlands of Africa. The foreground and background shots composed a short mini movie of two scenes which was exported from the game and edited in Camtasia.
In the Game:
First set up the foreground and background shots in the advance script writing facility.
The foreground scene is on the castle roof set (mod by Sexymaria) with the backdrop set to bluescreen.
The background scene is on the blue screen set with the backdrop set to one of the backgrounds for the roof castle set. To get the
ANM Import/Export Scripts, Version 6.2Version 6.2 of the ANM import/export scripts can be downloaded from http://www.lefty2000.com/TheMoviesGame/index.shtml. This version enables the control2_arm location data for both import and export.
Otherwise, this script works the same as version 6.1.
Compatible Giganta Costume
I wanted a version of the Giganta costume which had Linda Paloma's face and skin tone, but had its own head so it could be used in either Blender or The Movies (TM). I found the face texture I needed and hunted through the skin textures till I found the matching skin. I then imported the headless version of the costume and appended the starmaker head to the scene. After moving the head object over to the costume armature, I found that the neckconnect vertices did not match up too well and they separated when the neck or head was moved. I dealt with this problem by removing the neck and head vertex groups from the neckconnect vertices for both the head and the body. I also manually went through the slightly mismatched vertices between the in the neckconnect groups and pushed them together. They are still in separate objects, but after that they moved as one. I probably should not have bothered, since the chok
|More Journal Entries|