▌ P R O F I L E
Sacha L. Northgate Nicknames:
The sound of the sea: Captain Noiz or just Noiz. Age:
▌ P O K E M O N I N F O
Noivern / #715 / Gen 6 Type:
- The protections and stat boosts caused by the moves Substitute, Reflect, Light Screen and Safeguard by the opponent are ignored.Held Item:
N/AMoveset: ll Boomburst
- When he wants to be heard, Noiz can be pretty loud. His shouting creates a booming, explosive sound which, while rare, is a terrible force to be reckoned with. ll Dragon Pulse
- Taking a very large breath, Noiz allows for his breath to gather before breathing out a foul shockwave of devastating energy. ll Hurricane
- While tattered, Noiz’s massive wings can flap at an intense enough speed to create a fierce and destructive wind, capable of trapping opponents. ll Supersonic
- Changing the pitch of his voice, Noiz is able to confuse opponents with the perculiar sound wavesStats: HP ll
3/6 Attack ll
1/5 Defense ll
1/6 Special Attack ll
7/7 Special Defense ll
1/6 Speed ll
▌ H I S T O R Y
“There must be something in the water
'Cause every day it's getting colder
And if only I could hold you
You'd keep my head from going under”
-Bruises by Lewis Capaldi
The boy once known as Sacha was born to a Haxorus sailor Father and a Noivern bartender mother. The two met when the sailor’s ship had docked, aiming to restock and rest at the local tavern, but the Haxorus found himself besotted by the bartender and the two ended up hooking up for the night.
A year passed and the Haxorus returned to land to found he had a son - a Noibat who the mother had named Sacha.
Determined to look after his wife and child, the Haxorus settled down and got a job teaching sword fighting lessons to the locals.
At night, he'd sit by the fire and reminisce about his life at sea, telling stories to his wife and child.
However, years past and the Haxorus’ love for the sea returned, calling him back to the ocean each night until one day, he could take it no more and in the early hours the next day, Sacha’s father left with the first ship that’d take him, leaving his wife and son to fulfill his own dreams of becoming a captain and satisfying the ever hungry adventurous desire.
Despite this, Sacha was not angry at his father for leaving. He was proud. To anyone who’d give an ear - and even those who wouldn't - he would tell stories of his father’s adventures, the memories of a great pirate adventurer, ones he was told as a child.
Most were eager to hear of the tales, some ignoring and others just happy to see the boy smile.
One in particular though was not too keen and on many encounters would ridicule and belittle the stories, poke holes in the gap ask for proof - the bagon gijinka seemed to be set on ruining the pirate's name, claiming they were nothing but dirty scoundrels that needed eradicating from the world.
Sacha and he would fight often, with wooden swords where Sasha was victorious many times, his ability to fly - if only slightly - an advantage to which he'd mock his opponent for not possessing, a cocky youth.
Luckily for him, Sacha soon fell under the wing of the town's blacksmith, who - a friend of the mother - was hoping to get the boy off of the streets and teach him humility and discipline. With the blacksmith's help, Sacha grew into a strong, skillful Noivern Gijinka with a talent for weaponsmithing, his cockiness manifesting into a strive for perfection.
His profession brought him to meet many people, nobles included and soon the Noivern Gijinka fell head over heels for the Altaria of one of the noble families.
Much to the displeasure of her family, 2 years later the Altaria gave birth to a beautiful swablu daughter. She was disowned by the family for marrying what they called ‘beneath her rank but Sacha promised he'd take care of them both.
For 10 years, he did just that, continuing his job as a blacksmith, making master rank and providing for his family. They brought a house and while not the richest, they grew up happy.
Things were not to last though, and the past began to rear its ugly head. One evening while the daughter and wife were out, the house was broken into, Sacha knocked out.
When he came to, he found himself tied up and wings stretched wide - a Salamence gijinka grinning maliciously. His anger had grown, he'd been mocked for his lack of strength and flight as a child and the woman promised to him by the father had been stolen by the same person who’d ridiculed him.
The desire for revenge had never been so strong.
As payback, the salamence had his men cut up and tear at Sacha's wings, rendering them useless, ruining them so Sacha could never fly again.
Before anything else happened, the mother and daughter returned, Sacha called for them to run away But the Salamence tried to grab them. Desperate to save his family, Sacha pulled at the ropes and boomburst the room, knocking things over as the Salamence retaliated with fire and the place caught alight.
Everyone made a mad dash to escape, Sacha tried to get his wife and daughter out but the building came crashing down. They were killed in the fire, and he was left badly burned on his left side, face, neck, and arm.
The salamence got away, and Sacha was left burned and without his wife or daughter. To cope with the wounds and loss, he moved back in with his mother to try and recover - suffering from nightmares of the dreadful night - even his smithing skill paled in comparison to his prior skills.
Eventually unable to cope with the town life any longer, he did what his father once had. Sacha left one night with a letter of apology and a large sum of money on the table for his mother and jumped aboard the first ship that would take him. He set sail and let the sea takeover, ready to start his life again.
In the years, the name Sacha began to fade and as the rookie Noivern climbed the ranks, he soon became known as the Loudest sound in the Sea, or as told by bards and storytellers: Captain Noiz.
▌ P E R S O N A L I T Y
“The adrenaline and stress of an adventure are better than a thousand peaceful days.”
✔ [Intelligent · Proud · Fearless · Doggedly Loyal · Debonair? . Meticulous]
✘ [ Territorial · Condescending · Blunt · Socially Awkward? . Perfectionist . Lonely]
While his pride used to get him into trouble as he would defend his father’s name without falter, he has since calmed down in the fact he's not much of a talker nowadays, and talks when needed, which is often blunt and to the point. Instead, the captain can be rather daunting with his almost silent and imposing figure. Noiz possesses no sense of the concept of personal space - and will get right up in someone’s face when they dare think to challenge his command.
He can often come across as condescending though he means well as it’s mostly due to his inability to be subtle. He doesn’t seem to understand social cues despite being extremely charming and seemingly debonair in appearance. Business is always easier to talk about than idle chatter.
A newer addition to his personality, Noiz has become extremely territorial and those that wish to take his turf should be willing to die if they want to face him.
Loyalty is often hard to gain but once it has been gained, the Noivern becomes almost doggedly loyal, he will protect and defend a person ‘til he’s dead.
He’s a sucker for ripe fruit - give him enough and you’ll get on his good side.
The captain strives for perfection and expects that of the people around him. He hates mess and disorganized things.
Despite being intelligent and at times meticulous, it often clashes with his fearless nature and desire to throw himself head-on into battle and experience the thrills that clear his empty and somewhat lonely heart. [L I K E S]
· The Sea
· Good craftsmanship
· Loud sounds
· Ripe fruit
· Adrenaline challenges[D I S L I K E S]
· Complete silence
· Prolonged eye contact and chit chat - No. Go away.
· Anything that can fly - especially those with wings - mostly due to the fact he no longer can.
· Being on Land
· Physical contact - due to burn sensitivity.
· Bad hygiene
▌ E X T R A Appearance:
Noiz is a 5’10’’, light-skinned male. His hair is coal black with red ends at the front, and with a few grey hairs. It has been shaped to an undercut style. He has piercing golden coloured eyes. The left side of his face and body is burned to a 2nd-degree level and is highly sensitive, but the sea captain often ignores the feeling - drowning it in alcohol. Noiz’s wings are large but tattered and no longer grant him the ability of flight. For outfits, he often wears a baggy white shirt with a waistcoat of sorts, trousers, and boots. His fashion sense is often suited for comfort and ease of use at the sea, but he’s always wearing a waistcoat with a fluffy collar.
'Weapon': Flintlock Pistols (x2)
- Originally, he preferred long ranged in-air fights so pistols became his most optimized weapons, however, his inability to fly has since stunted that ability. He's still a pretty good shot though. Loyalty to the Captain:
65% - Mostly due to personal vendetta because the Salamence rival boasted about joining the Red Pistols.
· Often speaks of self in the third person.
· Give him ripe fruit and you’ll quickly make a loyal friend out of him.
· Don't touch his wings. Ever.
· Habit of calling everyone Lad or Lass.
· Extreme fear of fire freezes up in the face of it.
· Doesn’t defend against attacks, instead of attempting to avoid or taking them head-on. Most seem to believe it’s his inability to defend, but Noiz somewhat feels the pain is deserved as punishment for not being able to protect his wife and child.
· Long time smoker.
· Keeps a photo of his wife and daughter, his only memory of them.
· Fixes weapons and is constantly checking up on them, some people often mistake him for the Ship’s mechanic rather than captain.
· Don’t call him by his real name. He is Noiz and only that. Not many know of his real name anyway, and those that miss this rule are often met with a cruel fate.
· Occasional nightmares have him stargazing at night rather than sleeping.
· Don’t let him cook. Ever. He will burn the kitchen down and poison the crew.
· Would often tell stories about his father as a child, maybe to clear the abandonment issues that he often hid.
· Dislike to those within the Salamence line, regardless of who they are and honestly not a fan of most other dragon types.
▌ R E L A T I O N S H I P S
Friends Dislikes Hates Crush Unsure/Neutral Family Deceased
Anastasia Northgate (Wife)