(Stolen from MiyaTheGoldenFlower
, though loads of other people did it too (including my favorite artist MiaMaha
, who's character she used for this is one of my all time favorites), so I want in on the band wagon!! XD
1. Post these rules
2. Post 8 facts about your character.
3. Tag 8 other characters.
4. Post their names along with their creator’s names
- As of right now, she's being reinvented due to her appearance being very common among a lot of other bat pony characters here on DA, mostly her grey coat and red hair. So....she'll hopefully take on a more Monochrome like appearance, since they share a lot of traits personality wise and she is my representation of my depression and writing struggles.
- I also plan on changing her name, for the same reason as mentioned, that it's just not original enough. So I'm hoping to rename her....Sonnet Melancholia.
- She's NOT a next-gen, like the MLP OCs I love to study. She's actually an orphan. I originally was planning on her being a hybrid of a unicorn and a bat pony, just to help her be able to write without the use of her hooves, but I realized that would make her a special snowflake, so she's just a regular bat pony abandoned by her bat pone parents....and writes with her wing talons.
- Her religious views of Princess Luna stemmed from both the canon fact that all Bat Ponies praise the Moon Princess as their deity or founder, or sometimes leader or all-mother, and slipped in my own religious views of me being both an atheist and a slight believer of astrology, as well as the relatable symbolism of the Wiccan religion (mostly the Triple Goddess Moons and the Irish triple spiral/trispiral).
- She has a boyfriend....who is obviously my own IRL boo. Her coltfriend's name is Miraki, who is a golden pegasus (which I'll design soon XP) from the mainland of Equestria, in Manehattan. Hopefully, I'll find the chance to invent a kid for them with some badass half bat-half feathered wings.
- I'd love to think that she might consider normal bats as possible friends for her. So I was hoping to have her work part time in an animal shelter one day, where she mainly works on helping dogs, baby animals and especially bats to nurse them back to health. I'm also considering her adopting a baby flying fox. XD Because LOOK AT THEM!!
- I have this hilarious and adorable idea for how she could cope with her depressive episodes or anxiety attacks...Bat burrito.
So.....maybe when Miraki comes along to visit her or even when she's alone, all she has to do is to be swaddled up and she'll quickly calm down. (Yup....this image will so be my new icon soon.)
- Somber/Sonnet is secretly a romantic. She adores reading good romance novels, especially the cheesy kind, and whenever she sees a couple expressing public affections, she secretly watches and either looks on in awe or take notes on their body language....for either writing reasons or to study how she can mimic them with her own lover to see if she can appear more normal and enjoyable to him.
- And one more for luck.....Somber/Sonnet is smol. XD Like, a little bit smaller than your average mare, or an entire head smaller than an average stallion. She barely notices though, since she can fly up to reach high places.
Candy or Winter ;3
Ender, of course.
Your fursona that I will draw, using this tag that you provide~ XD (Gimme all that juicy info, darling!!)