FINALS REQUIREMENT FOR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY 5 COURSE
A Mixed-Use Project
BACKGROUND OF THE PROBLEM:
The task is to design a mixed-used community structure both for public and private use.
The space requirements include commercial spaces, office spaces, residential units, and other amenities that will suit the lifestyle of the modern society.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
To be able to plan and design a structure that will fit a space for community leisure and lifestyle.
To be able to incorporate a character that defines a modern structural feat.
To be able to maximize lot usage through enough amenities for public and private interface.
DESIGN AND STRUCTURAL CONCEPT:
There's no definite problems given for this project, since we didn't have the chance to survey it so we don't know the actual problems of the site. We just depend our concept on just being structurally characterized. We made sure that the building should describe what a modern building technologies would look like together and modern construction methods in well-harmony.
1. Tensile Structure - used outdoors to provide shade and character.
2. Folded Plate - used as a guide for water rain directly attached to water tank reservoirs and at the same time, adds strong character to the structure.
3. Pile Foundation - since the project is located near a body of water, it is only safe to assume that the soil on the site is soft thus the need of pile foundation is necessary to assure the strength and stability of the structure.
4. Curtain Wall - using tempered glass with heat insulating window panels to assure modernity while considering comfort-ability of the users.
5. Space Framing - method used to support the outer layer of the curtain wall and also adds strong character to the facade.
WATCH the Fly-Through here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHM_rX…
Mixed-Use Project thearianway 1 0 Mixed-Use Project thearianway 0 0 Mixed-Use Project thearianway 0 0