Good News Everyone!LEGO IDEAS
has recently made changes to their submission rules, what projects they do or do not allow to be entered.
For those that do not know what LEGO IDEAS
is, it is a site officially run by the LEGO
company with which you can submit your MOCs (My Own Creations) / Projects. If those projects get 10.000 supporters they would then go through a review process and have the possibility to become actual retailed sets. Some themes such as Minecraft, Ghostbusters, Adventure Time, and Back to the Future started as IDEAS projects which would then be expanded with multiple sets, or in the case of Minecraft, a fully fledged theme on par with other LEGO themes currently available.
For some time certain themes or franchises were not allowed for submission, but with the recent submission rule changes some restrictions were placed while others were lifted. Themes that were previously not allowed for submission are now available for projects such as, yes, BIONICLE
Now our community has been known in the past to make ridiculous petitions, forum or other social media outcries to bring back the critically acclaimed BIONICLE theme. Most if not all of our previous methods were misguided and not the best approach to bring this theme back. With the recent IDEAS changes this gives us a "lightning in a bottle" opportunity to bring back BIONICLE to store shelves, at least for a limited time. These recent rule change are appropriately timed for the upcoming 20th Anniversary of BIONICLE Generation 1, so supporting BIONICLE project entries done by our communities fan creators is our utmost priority.
There are four BIONICLE IDEAS projects submitted for fan support:
- The Legend of the BIONICLE: Celebrating 20 years of Lego stories
- Bionicle – Toa in the Temple of Time
- Bionicle Toa Mata
- Mata Nui Rising [Bionicle 20th Anniversary]
From personal and wider community opinions, the first mentioned entry seems like the best candidate to be made into a set. However, you are not limited to one entry, you can support as many IDEAS projects as you want for free. Making an IDEAS account is easy as making a regular LEGO account, so there are not any large issues with signing in.
If the IDEAS project gets 10.000 SUPPORTERS
,gets passed the review stage to be made into a retailed set, and is well received (aka sells well), then LEGO might (emphasis on the might) even bring back the BIONICLE theme as a fully realized theme in similar fashion to Minecraft, that option is a possibility.
To be honest, this is currently the best chance for BIONICLE to return in some shape or form. So if you are able, PLEASE
go and support these project entries. We and other community members will be closely following the development of each of the mentioned projects as well as listing any new potential BIONICLE entries that have a chance at passing. Let us show LEGO that even after the theme was cancelled for the second time, BIONICLE is not dead yet.
For more details that were missed in this Journal entry, go and watch the TTV video regarding BIONICLE LEGO IDEAS
Good luck to the Project creators and good luck to you all.
Unity, Duty, Destiny!
- 08/10/2019: "The Legend of the BIONICLE: Celebrating 20 years of Lego stories" has reached just over 5000 SUPPORTERS. We are half way there guys, keep spreading the word and keep up the good work. Sokoda posted an update that mentions an additional piece for Mahri Matoros original mask, additional Great Spirit printed head piece with green eyes (for when Mata-Nui controlled it), as well as a brick piece with printing of the Red Star that can be placed in the Final Fight or Beach scenes.
- 11/10/2019: "Mata Nui Rising [Bionicle 20th Anniversary]" has been added to the group of BIONICLE themed LEGO IDEAS project. Check it out and vote for it if you wish.
- 12/10/2019: "The Legend of the BIONICLE: Celebrating 20 years of Lego stories" has reached just over 7000 SUPPORTERS. Sokoda posted an additional update that mentions new head printing for Matoro, as well as a miniture Bohrok made from a ball joint piece.