This Change Log covers the past two weeks of changes, including the launch of Live Notifications, which just went live to all deviants!
Live Notifications Now Available to All Deviants!
Get notified the instant you have new activity! A few weeks ago, Live Notifications began rolling out to deviants. This feature is now available to all deviants!
Say Hello to Our New Font, Devious Sans!
We're excited to announce DeviantArt's new font, Devious Sans! You may have noticed that the font has changed across the site. Devious Sans is now the default font across DeviantArt Eclipse!
Live Updating Notification Count
Along with the Live Notifications update, the counter on the bell icon on your top navigation bar now updates live, without having to refresh the page.
Next & Previous Buttons On Commissions, Polls, Status Updates
When browsing through Commissions, Polls, and Status Updates on the front page or Watch, you can now use next and previous buttons to keep browsing through content.
- Redesigned About Tab: The About tab on Profile pages has been uplifted, removing the empty space. This change was requested by many deviants.
- Accessibility support for “Reduced Motion”: We’ve added support for the “Reduce Motion” standard that’s available on most operating systems. This allows users to turn off interface animations and transitions. Instructions on how to enable this on several operating systems, including Mac, iOS, and Windows 10 is available in this article.
- DeviantArt's favicon (browser tab icon) on Desktop Safari was stretched.
- The size of titles on Commission pages was reduced.
- Fixed issue where a HTML pre tag used on the old site would cause display issues.
- You can now search in your favorites in the Media Manager (the pop-up that allows you to add artwork to a comment or journal)
- On Mobile Web, there was a bug that prevented you from clicking a Group deviation stack on Watch
- Fixed an intermittent issue — particularly more noticeable on Mobile Web — where clicking on a deviation from browse, then clicking back, would sometimes cause deviations to be hidden on browse until you scroll.
Proactive Deviation Moderation
Eclipse Change Log: February 20, 2019
Eclipse Change Log: January 16, 2019
Eclipse Change Log: December 5, 2018
Hi, this is not abuse.
I've just discovered how to make text a link in the comments section. It's actually easier to do than it was in the old Deviantart. I'm wondering, though, is it possible to change the colour on the mouseover to something other than green, and is it possible to remove the underline? Ideally, the text in the link would just be in bold.
The (apo)clipse draws near...PART 1:
On April 22nd, :iconteam: gave every user a warning of the old layout's doomsday. The "sound of silence movement" erupted around the site in protest, and the movement period began on May 1st through the 3rd.
What will we do now that that period is over?
A simple, straightforward hashtag that can be our next step in protesting the (apo)clipse's arrival.
Ever since the team announced the classic view's departure date, no one from there has said anything regarding the negative criticism.
You could argue that this is good news, because no matter what their words are on the topic; they're pretty bullshit and only denying the truth that it was a bad decision.
This can also be bad news however, as they can be seen as "not caring about the community at all" which in my opinion, is the most likely reason.
In my previous entry, I
So help me - How on earth do I stop the "recommended for me" section being P0RN?? Classic DA gives me all the stuff I actually look at.
Every time I open Deviantart Eclipse, I'm greeting with a page covered in gaping vaginas and flaccid dicks. "Show less like this" does nothing.
Is this all DA is now? DO NOT WANT
And there are so. many. tags. Hiding mature content works a ton better, but there are still things I don't want to see - why is the "show less like this" script included if it's been disabled somehow?
You can still hide mature content but a problem with that is most people don't tag mature stuff as mature, so some works still appear.
"Show less like this" works perfectly for me, I haven't had to mute tags thanks to it.
If they had to mute categories instead it would have been extremely bad, so tags where the only solution, tags are just to reinforce hiding content but you can still hide them the same way as before.
I can click on the "..." and the "show less like this" popup appears - but I can't click on it! It just clicks through the popup and onto the image I'm trying to see less of - presumably telling the site's filter algorithm I want to see MORE.
But the popup is working for you? It just stopped for me, sometime around the update.
It must be a glitch you should report it so it can be fixed, hover over your avatar at the top right and go to get help/feedback, then click give feedback and select bug report.
Yes it is working for me and I actually used it today.
Actually, it magically fixed itself! Which leads me to believe it was a Windows issue, since I'd recently updated. Windows! The primary source of (and solution to) Windows issues.
Thank you for your advice, however.
Well it's a good thing it was fixed! I wonder if some issues users experience has to do with windows as well...
aww np! I am sorry I couldn't help much though.
Well have a lovely day and/or night~
I was messing around to test this out and it would be disastrous to have to retype everything over and over again if we hide a widget and then bring it back in the future.
Will there be a way to save the content within the new widgets without losing the content?
And yes, I searched FAQ and I sent a feature request.
From what I’m able to do on eclipse, I have a few issues I’d like to address.
1. please allow for “select all” in groups of notifications, both in the watch area and the personal notification area
2. images appear to have low resolution in my gallery, or at least the thumbnail of it, and can be quite distracting. I don’t want to use your “spotlight” feature because of it, however this could be because I’m using the website on my ipad, but things weren’t blurry/dithered on the old version
3. allow editing to comments
4. add more space to the margins, everything feels very close and cluttered.
5. in live notifications area, allow for easy quick delete. (Primarily for favorites, gets cluttered and annoying)
6. In the spotlight, allow people to zoom in on a specific area of the piece if it’s too big.
7. I can’t seem to use thumbnail codes anymore? I know the html is gone but please at least being back that.
1. There already is a "Select all" button. Go in one tab, such as "Deviations", select something, then "select all" will appear.
3. Comments were always editable in Eclipse
5. See #1, go in activity, select a notification, "select all" will appear at the top
7. Copypasting a link will transform it into a thumbnail. You can use the "add image" option as well.
Thank you for informing me of this, I was glad to re-check. However, I still have issues with a few of these things and I’ll show screenshots.
- where is it?? quq I’ve tried clicking on pretty much everything here, but I can’t find a select all ANYWHERE
- after I posted the comment, I realized I could edit the vast majority, however an Old comment I made I edited from forever ago I can’t?
- There is no select all I could find in the live notification section, nor in the “see all” section
I also can’t delete the notifications directly in the small notification box, for some reason. Only in the larger section.
apologies if I’m being an idiot, I can’t seem to find it. I’ve clicked and searched and looked everywhere for some of these things but I can’t find them. This also may be because I’m on an iPad mini, not a pc.