In this week's change log, we have a small handful of bug fixes and improvements as we continue with the larger features that are in development. Stay tuned for more, and keep the bug reports and feature requests coming!
All Prints are 35% Off!
In case you missed it: Prints shop orders are now 35% off when you spend $30 USD.
More Deviations in Watch
It's now a bit easier to browse deviations from deviants you watch. A second row of deviations have been added to Watch.
Deviation Backgrounds for Green Theme
A few weeks ago, we introduced dozens of new deviation backgrounds. These backgrounds now have a variation for the green theme as well!
- Deviation backgrounds now have green versions!
- The background color of Custom Boxes now has the ability to match the viewer's theme, if no background is selected. This is now default.
- A new pop-up modal that explains the benefits of Core Membership was added.
- Added arrows on the "My Content" section of stats to make it clearer which direction each column is being sorted by
- Added additional tooltips to the new Stats feature to clarify details about each section.
- Minor improvements to dropdowns on tablets and touch screens.
- Minor adjustments to the transitions to dropdowns and comment boxes on the deviation page.
- Thumbnails were stretched out on Collection search results.
- After deleting a stack in Watch, it would sometimes bring you to the deleted stack page.
- Various minor profile adjustments on both desktop and mobile web.
- Various mobile fixes on comments.
- Various minor bug fixes and changes to Stats.
- Various other minor design issues and bug fixes.
Keep Sharing Your Feedback!
In addition to these updates and bug fixes are smaller improvements we’ve made as we continue to develop larger features in Eclipse.
Follow these steps to share your feedback:
- Hover over your avatar
- Select “Give Your Feedback” to access our official form
Proactive Deviation Moderation
Eclipse Change Log: December 12, 2018
Eclipse Change Log: December 5, 2018
Eclipse Change Log: February 20, 2019
An open letter to deviantArtHey, deviantArt staff? Can we talk for a minute?
What are you doing? Like what do you think you're accomplishing if you're not only implementing a new "layout change" that has a ton of technical issues but also inevitably making it the permanent website design for all users? I get that people don't like change, but holy actual shit this "eclipse" layout is a dumpster fire and there's nothing that can make it good. If you guys didn't have the option to use the "classic" layout as of right now, this platform's daily user activity would be at an all time low.
Not one time, in the history of the internet, has a major social media website (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc) ever reverted it's layout or UI back to a previous incarnation because of "user base backlash". You know why that is?
They don't care about what their users think or say. It doesn't matter how many people bitch and moan about it, doesn't matter how many people submit feedback forms that specifically ask them to chang
I'm confused. I logged in just now and it's stuck in Eclipse! Is this permanent? It's so weird, and practically unusable. My computer can't even load an Eclipse page and my phone can barely handle it.