Before some days, nostalgia for old osx look came again. Use the known Geektool and Ubersicht to put cool widget on the desktop..but most important…I wanted back the old look of dock . I had downloaded cDock, in the past too, but haven’t impressed. Opened cDock2 for first time before some days, seem much cooler, and I noticed that you good use your own image for dock back and indicator. So, some simple steps.
(there a bug with Icon shadows, whatever I choose, If I select other theme, or close the reopen the app, iconShadowBGR go to 0, so your color will change, no big deal, a update will may fix this)
- Go to /Applications/cDock.app/Contents/Resources/themes and create a new folder. (cmd+shit+G)
- Open in a new tab “(3D) Clean” folder, copy the .plist file and paste it to your new folder. (rename it as your folder name)
- Open the “background.png” with Photoshop or Pixelmator or Gimp.
- Then apply your image to fit the 3D Dock background, is super easy. Save it somewhere as png and move it to your theme folder as “background.png”. Then copy your indicators to the same folder with .png at the end.
- Open cDock, and choose your theme. Now, select: ~Use Image for Apps Indicators, ~Use……..Background, ~Dock Background image is 3D
- Don’t forget to increase Image Alpha to 100% if it's 0% and you see a transparent dock.
- Tan tan.
, and move it to /Applications/cDock.app/Contents/Resources/themes. Is Matte Black made by
Tip: Check other folders, check their indicators and plist to figure out some stuff if you can't understand something.
My last SS.
~ Hope everyone who used to be around to be healthy and doing great with his/her life. Take care.