Okay, so I will now write about religion. The religion I am most familiar with (and the one everyone shoves down my throat) is Christianity. I am NOT against Christianity, actually. I am completely okay with talking and being friends with people who are Christians. However, it seems that once you tell them you are an atheist, some of them think you are a horrible Satan-worshipper and they try to 'fix' you. I realize that not all Christians are like that. I have some Christian friends that are fine with people not believing in a deity. These are things that Christians have said (the ones that push religion down your throat). I am writing this from an atheist's point of view.
1.) You don't believe in God? You're going to Hell.
First off, telling someone who is an atheist that they are going to Hell is rea
Well you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go
Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missing home
Only know you love her when you let her go
"You're so blind Ludwig! People are DYING!" (Name) yelled at her husband for the hundredth time. What happened to him? To THEM? He had been so kind, so loving. Now he was a monster. Proudly showing off the red piece of death fabric tied around his bicep. They were the perfect couple. Walking their dogs in the park, sharing ice cream, now they did nothing but fight. " For a better tomorrow! Don't you understand woman!? You're the blind one! Don't you see how wonderful this could be for us!? For the world! Who cares if a f
Steel: Welcome to our first-ever Death Battle and I'd just like to say that I…LOVE…THIS…EPISODE!!!
Ray: He sure has reason to, this time around. When it comes to battle, these two berserkers have left mountains of bloody, dismembered, and disfigured corpses in their wake.
Ray: Kratos, the Ghost of Sparta who single-handedly annihilated Olympus.
Steel: And Guts, the blood-soaked berserker who continually battles the forces of Hell.
Ray: When these two clash, one thing is guaranteed and that is "there WILL be blood".
Steel: And LOTS of it, too!
Ray: These two titans of battle have their histories written in blood, but Steel and I are here to analyze these two berserkers' strengths, armor, tactics, and weaknesses to see who would come out on top in a one-on-one DEATH BATTLE.
Height: Over 6'
Alias: Ghost of Sparta
Defeated Titans, Olympians, and many Greek figures/monsters
Lifted the Han
Ray: The forces of Hell are just not enough to keep some warriors down and, at times, grants them unnatural powers. For evidence, look no further than these two.
Steel: Ghost Rider, the Spirit of Vengeance…
Ray: And Scorpion, the specter of the Shirai Ryu.
Ray: These two have defied death and brought their wrath upon the human world, but we're here today in order to see who would win a DEATH BATTLE.
First Appearance: "Mortal Kombat" (1992)
Real Name: Hanzo Hasashi
Continually escapes the bowels of Hell
Killed Bi-Han, the first Sub-Zero
Escaped the Soulnado
Betrayed Shao Kahn and aided the Earthrealm warriors
Defeated the Dragon King, Onaga, w/power from the Elder Gods
Ray: Hanzo Hasashi was raised in the Shirai Ryu ninja clan and was easily one of its greatest warriors. Then, the necromancer known as Quan Chi decimated his entire clan. Hanzo was killed by his soon-to-be eternal
- Rite of passage (birth, adolescence, marriage, joining a religion or club, etc.)
- Death of a family member, mentor, lover, pet, or best friend
- Committing a crime; murder, stealing, break-in, kidnapping, arson, rape, drugs, adultery, forgery, treason, etc.
- Victim or witness of a crime
- Falling in love
- Converting beliefs
- Switching jobs/careers
- Switching lifestyle
- Saving a life
- Scientific discovery
- Personal discovery; destiny, spiritual goal, family secrets, hidden potential, power, or talent
- Fighting in a war
- Winning or losing a battle
- Being recognized for a skill, trait, endeavor, or heroic deed
- Falling into/out of an addiction or habit
- Gaining an inheritance or gift: money, a weapon, armor, jewelry, privilege/rights, property, pet, etc.
- Moving to a new residence
- Going to live with a different family member or guardian
- Achieving a long-term goal
- Earning an award, winning a prize, trophy, certificate, badge, etc.
Ray: As monsters, reptiles can be cold-blooded killers and fearsome predators. These two combatants have taken the strengths of these two creatures and used them to their advantage in prowess and mentality.
Steel: Killer Croc, the reptilian mutant of Gotham's underworld…
Ray: And Lizard, a feral science experiment gone horribly wrong.
Steel: He's Ray and I'm Steel…
Ray: And it's our job to test the strengths, weaknesses, and mindsets of these two reptilian fiends to see who would win a DEATH BATTLE?
Residence: New York City
Real Name: Dr. Curtis Connors
First Appearance: Amazing Spider-Man v1 #6 (1963)
Threatened to turn every human in New York into lizard creatures
Joined the Sinister Six in the Civil War
Lost his wife and momentarily mutated his son
Blew up a research facility and went mad
Exposed as the Lizard and went on the run
Steel: Oh my GOSH, Ray…it's…it'
• NOTE: This is a generally speaking list, again, directed at the major characters of stories/books/movies/television of the modern times. I know there exist characters with these traits; I just think they are rare and should be brought more to attention if you're looking to expand your character diversity and add realism.
• Humility: This is the big one that I think a lot of characters are missing. Lots of the mains I see today don't even have a shred of this or if they do it’s forced into them. How about writing a person who’s naturally humble? These people are amazing. They don’t seek to exalt themselves. They give credit to others.
• Pushover: Unfortunately most main characters I see will push back if the world tries to push them down. But this is SO unimaginably unrealistic. I feel like a lot of people wouldn’t, or they’d try and fail. Some people, if pushed around or pushed down to the ground, will stay d