So, my Christmas vacation is over and was spent well with joy, relaxation, peaceful days and very nice company!
I had great Christmas days including my good friend
as a guest, puppies to visit and meeting my family again.
Also I got well into the new year, peacefully as always.
Now, let's look back at 2018.
How was it for you?
To me it was a good year overall.
Not the best, not the worst, not worse than last year but maybe even slightly better.What turned out to be good?
- I became close friends with
and I guess it was not hard to see since I talked a lot about him, wether in my journal entries or through some of my artworks. I got to help him through phases of crisis and he had great positive influences on my art and also was there for me whenever I needed help. So I got a real good new friend in 2018 even though we have had contact the years before but only through comments on DeviantArt.
- As you may have seen, I was able to do more art and not only more but I guess I was able to improve. For example: I learned SAI and have used it since to make digital drawings. And I'm back in touch with ink which is fun, too.
It is just satisfying for me to see that I finally got to pull myself together for making more art and to gain more motivation for it.
- Working was fine and didn't have such grave changes as the years before (certain important colleagues leaving, cyber attack on the company, etc.)
- I cannot really complain when it comes to my health. Physically nothing really bad happened and mentally I still go along well with therapy and the feeling of being needed.
- I got to meet friends quite often this year, wether it was a couple of weekends with my friends of the South Park fan community, my new good friend
, another good friend during my summer vacation or my good pals and cabaret artists Mike & Aydin when they had the premiere of their newest stage program in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.What was so-so?
- I learned that my company will move and thus change its location in 2020. Which is not bad itself but I don't like what it means to me personally (a longer way to work). On the other hand, it makes me think of the future, about how to handle this problem. I haven't decided yet but my ideas might bring good changes to my future if they could work out. But let's see, it is too early to say more or predict.
- My appartment had a couple of problems which took longer times to be solved but then again it is still a good place to live.And what was rather awful?
- I'm especially worried about my father who has been suffering from physical problems, particularly constant pain in his back. This limits his abilities to a small amount and it is a shame that I can only help whenever I have my vacation at his home. So I sincerely hope upcoming doctor appointments and operations might do him good and finally help him.
- Sadly, one important member of the "Telefonziege" fan community (a YouTube Channel about phone scamming for which I also provide artworks) turned out to be a pervert who tried to trick young women with mind games into doing him sexual favours. I wasn't one of the victims but one of the people taking care of the thing and listening to the victims. It saddens me because of the people learning this side of the guy and also because until then I thought of him as a good pal and proper guy.
- I had just a few intense depression phases, one of them even happened during my birthday. Still, it was not pleasant.
- For the second time (after 2001) I decided to not go to the annual South Park fan meeting (which takes place every summer). Even though I've been meeting the same people at least one time before and after that missed event, I still feel sorry about that. However, I absolutely needed a break from people, from going somewhere.And last but not least: What about the movies?
Click here to see my personal ranking of movies that came out at the theaters in 2018 (comments included):letterboxd.com/tabascofanatic/…