There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.
What is the standard?
Where does this end?
As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The iPhone texting is just the format I could see it likely going down in the contemporary age.
1. Say a "sinner's prayer" to receive salvation. (Romans 10:9)
2. You must read your Bible every day; this is how God speaks to you. (John 5:39-40; 14:26)
3. You need to dedicate 15 minutes of prayer a day, and then work your way to an hour. (1 Thes. 5:17)
4. Join a Bible-believing church. (Matt. 15:8-9)
5. Go to church every Sunday and Bible Study. (Acts 2:46)
6. You go to church to get in the presence of God. (Matt. 28:20)
7. The church building is the house of God. (Acts 17:24)
8. They may simply look like steps and a pulpit, but it is in actuality the altar of God. (1 Cor. 3:16)
9. Your tithes to God go only to the church you volunteered to assist in ministry. God is limited in His ability to minister to you through ministers in other ministries since they don't personally know you. (1 Cor. 16:1-3)
10. The church you become a member of is your church and therefore responsibility; however your input with church matters and affairs will not be needed. (Heb. 10:25)
11. You must be covered by a man (person). (Psalm 91:4)
12. It is your duty, the lay member, to further your minister's (apostle, bishop, pastor, etc.) ministry. (Eph. 4:11-12)
13. Preachers are capable of switching between ministry offices (apostle, prophet, evangelist, etc.) at will and are even capable of being two or more at the same time. (Eph. 4:11)
14. Pastors are the pinnacle of ministers. (1 Cor. 12:28)
15. The only pastors/ministers that exist are the ones God has given after His own heart. (Jer. 5:31; 50:6)
16. Your pastor is your head. (Eph. 1:22)
17. Your pastor is a mediator between you, their sheep, and God. (1 Tim. 2:5)
18. Your pastor is not your friend. Jesus is. (Strong's H7462: def. 2,3)
19. It is the pastor's calling and responsibility to bring forth a word from God. (1 Cor. 14:26-31)
20. Do not question the word from God the pastor or the pastor-approved speaker has brought forth. (Acts 17:11)
21. You must always be as loud and boisterous as you can during church service. However do not become a distraction or disruption. (It is an art to be learned) (Psalm 46:10)
22. If you don't repeat every word you are told to repeat or do every action you are told to do in church service, you walk in disobedience. (**WARNING** You may be under the influence of Satan) (John 5:19; 12:49-50)
23. Do not be confused by the word "service." During these times, there is none. [We do however, once a year, drip water on your feet/socks.] (Matt. 20:25-28)
24. Don't ever talk to another about a disagreement you have with the theology or actions of your leader(s) if they are not present, because they would never do that to you. (Matt. 16:6)
25. If you see a brother or sister in Christ walking in ways they should not, do not confront them; go directly to your leader(s). (Matt. 18:15-17)
26. You must cut yourself off from those people that don't speak or necessarily agree with what your man/woman of God says. (Eph. 6:12)
27. You must be ordained and/or commissioned by a man (person), specifically your pastor, before you are able to begin ministering the gospel. (Gal. 1:15-17)
28. The vision God has given you is valid only in that which overlaps the vision of your leader(s). The rest can simply be discarded. (Rom. 12:3-8)
29. There is a certain level of holiness and anointing that must be obtained before you can walk in the manifestation of the power of God. Your leader(s) will know and tell you when you have reached this point, if ever. (Mark 16:17-18)
30. Do not suspect you can advance in a significant and/or relevant measure of the wisdom of God without a man/woman of God to teach you. (1 John 2:27)
If you lift your hands in the sanctuary, God will bless you back. (???)