Nickname: Master Lawson (Rah'at title), Laws, Porcupine (Hani)
Weight: 110 lbs
Build: He has a handsome face usually with a smirk on it. He is muscular and sturdy, as he tends to rely more on bulk than speed, but he is agile (with some concentration). Long hair on his cheeks and chest makes him look scruffy. He’s got some pretty big paws too.
Scars: Large gashes on his left shoulder and right front leg from Ruebane
Scent: Nutmeg and wood with a hint of citrus.
Family: Erin (sister, missing)
Voice actor: Matt Lanter
Once social to a fault, the wolf has become much more reclusive of who is allowed into his social circle. After the sudden departure of Erin and Seaver, he fell into a state of depression that took him months to shake off. The pain he experienced was unlike anything he had ever known in his sheltered life and thus, he decided to hold onto those important to him even tighter. Laws has a very strong moral compass; he hates to see injustice done, especially to those close to him. All members of Aryn are considered his family and without hesitation will put his life on the line to defend them. However, new members are met with slight hesitation rather than open arms. He’s quick to panic when they are out of his sight. Long story short, he’s become quite clingy.
He has a tendency to come across as blunt. It’s usually harmless yet it’s not uncommon for him to speak his mind without a second thought. Sarcasm is a defense mechanism he’ll hind behind along with roll of the eyes. Addressing wolves by their titles is a trait he never embraced; the only one he will is Lady Athena. In that retrospect, when he is called Master, the courser will instantly sneer and, if he remembers his manners, ask they drop the honorifics. He swears quite often, having to stop himself constantly when talking to elders or pups.
He will admit wholeheartedly that he’s very lazy. He enjoys sleeping in and taking leisurely strolls through Aspendell. When asked to join in activities or adventures, he can be very stubborn about doing it, but once he agrees, he usually will have the time of his life and be thankful to partaking. It's getting him to agree to try something new that is the hard part. Once Laws has his mind set on something, it’s a bit of challenge trying to get him to listen to any other way, even if he’s obviously wrong.
Lawson never expected to be an important figure in Aryn. He was more than content to spend his days as a Delta under the leadership of others. No real drive, he avoided responsibility like the plague. Truthfully, he is terrified of having to make decisions that would affect others. However, with the loss of Seaver, he surprisingly proved himself to be a suitable candidate as Beta. Even more shocking was he actually liked the role. There had been stumbles and mishaps along the way, but he now embraces the role wholeheartedly. Laws is filled with joy when other coursers come to him for advice or teach new techniques.
A privileged puphood made him naïve to the horrors of the world. Hesitant to learn to fight in the beginning, after a tough love lesson from Alcatraz, he took the training seriously to fight valiantly in the Blutwald war. However, the glory never came, instead he was plagued with nightmares, falling into a state of depression that took him months to shake. Just when it felt like he was returning to normal, Erin left to elope with Caiden, Seaver disappeared, Vasilis was killed, and Kris died suddenly. All around him, wolves he loved, cared about, fought alongside, were vanishing in the blink of an eye. Again the darkness took hold, this time stronger than before. Sadly, this time he is much more quiet about it. He forces a smile to be brave yet he’s in a constant battle with himself. Lawson is desperately trying to return to the optimistic and social wolf he once was.
He is slowly but surely letting his walls down.
He yearns to love and be loved despite all the baggage he now carries. Seeing the litters of pups, he daydreams about his future family. The closest he came to truly being in love vanished before his eyes, leaving him slightly jaded at the idea. However, the past year has taught him how quickly life can end, and never experiencing true love seemed like a fate worse than death. He seeks physical contact though he hasn’t come to terms with how to resolve this; Lawson is far too self-conscious to seek it out. When a wolf does capture his heart, he vowed to give them his everything.
Pre-Group History: The brown wolf had a somewhat typical upbringing. He was born in a pack outside these lands to two very loving parents and two siblings. As he grew older, there was restlessness within him that he couldn’t ignore. He would ask his siblings and parents if they ever had anything like it, but they were all content with their lives. One day, he bid his family farewell and set off to find... something. Law wasn't sure what exactly what he was looking for, but knew that it wasn’t with the comforts of home. After a few hours of traveling by himself, he was surprised to find that his sister Erin had followed him. Part of him selfishly wished she hadn't tagged alone as he wanted this adventure for himself, but as they traveled together, he couldn't imagine her not by his side.
Click here for guide/inactive characters
- Joined +2
- Journey to Aryn (rp with Erin) +1
- Something New (rp with Alcatraz) +1
- July MSE +2
- Gained Delta Courser task -3
- Hunting Practice (rp with Seaver) +1
- The Fawn and the Porcupine (rp with Hani) +1
- Braving New Friendships (rp with Kris'tran) +1
- Wildflowers and Wisdom (rp with Gabi) +1
- Budding Friendship (rp with Skunk) +1
- When Push Comes to Shove (rp with Alcatraz) +1
- Now We're Even (rp with Alcatraz) +1
- Bad News Buffalo (rp with Seaver) +1
- The Great Escape (rp with Aryn/Blutwald part I) +1
- No Escape (rp with Aryn/Blutwald part II) +1
- Questions (rp with Varrick) +1
- Outbreak (rp with the war part I) +1
- Denouement (rp with the war part II) +0
- Gained Gamma Courser rank -7
- Collaboration Meme +1
- Inner War (rp with Alcatraz) +1
- Suddenly... Gay? (rp with Seaver) +1
- All Fun and Games... (rp with Lazarus) +1
- Make Believe (rp with Kane) +1
- Gained Beta Courser rank -12
- This Song Saved My Life (short story) +1
- Expectation vs. Reality - Part 1 (rp with Starke/Hani) +1
- Expectation vs. Reality - Part 2 (rp with Starke/Hani) +1
- You Got My Back (collab with Hani) +1
- To Be Thankful (short story) +2
- Becoming the hunted (rp with Seven) +1
- Lessons in Love (rp with Kane) +1
- Gumption (rp with Alcatraz) +1
- DotW Height Chart
- Chibi Lawson
- Big Brother
- Courser Crew
- Thunder Buddies
- Erin's Something Old, Something New
- Because I Couldn't Help It
- It Was Asked of Me
- Parent Pairing Meme
- Seaver's Secret Crush Meme
- Courser Crew Assemble!
- Gamma Gang Go!
- Hello There
- Enjoy Our Time Together
- Toward the Sun
- Lawson Chibi
- Seaver's Heart Chart
- Season Couple Tag
- Brunhilda Parent Meme
- Sometimes I wonder
- Lawson Gift Art
- Skype Doodles
- Aryn Height Chart
- Flowering (Commission)
- Just A Thought
- We Need to Talk About Teva
- He's Dead
- Lawson Sprite
- The Mountain Pass - DotW
- DotW (not so) Secret Santa | Lawson
- Shut up! Sit down!
- Hani Kiss Meme
- Winter WonderLand
- He has a slight fear of thunderstorms he’s quite embarrassed about. Small storms make him tense whereas large, intense ones can send him into a pup like state. His typical coping mechanism is to find a dark space and wait for it to pass.
- He has some knowledge of plants for medicine but only very basic. If an opportunity were come up, he’d love to be taught more about them, though he would probably never pursue it on his own.
- Absolute shit at directions. He constantly gets lost no matter where he's going.