Recently, a very close friend of mine hit a pretty huge milestone: They became a Doctor of Pharmacy. I like making 3D Printed gifts for friends on special occasions, like my Blooming Tower
, so I made this original art piece reflecting her accomplishment. The Doctor Pill was designed in Autodesk Maya and printed on multiple 3D printers in different colors: 2 halves of the pill, the base, and the nameplate. Each piece is designed to fit tightly together through series of pegs and peg-holes, but also be easy to take apart. Additional sanding and filing was done to ensure a comfortable fit. Inscribed on the Pills is the continuous text of the American Oath of a Pharmacist:
"I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:
- I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns.
- I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal outcomes for my patients.
- I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.
- I will accept the lifelong obligation to improve my professional knowledge and competence.
- I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral, ethical and legal conduct.
- I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.
- I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists.
I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.”
I recently gave this to my friend as a gift and it is one-of-a-kind. Their name is removed for privacy. Special Thanks to Tyler Freedman for his help printing the base and letting me borrow his power tools. I hope to show the documentation of its development at a later date.
Support Me On Patreon!