EDIT: If you like this journal entry, check out The Sarcastic Guide to Writing ebook http://www.amazon.com/The-Sarcastic-Guide-Writing-ebook/dp/B005TOCC1C for exclusive content on world-building, character, and dialogue!
World-building, for me, is one of the biggest things about fantasy. It has, in many cases, saved a book from sucking. Conversely, poor world-building can drag a brilliant plot and excellent characterization down. What is world-building? It is consistency of logic and the new rules that you introduce as part of the story. Easy to say, hard to do. World-building, in good fantasy, more often than not, provides som
After remembering that this site exists, I skimmed through my old journal entries on a whim. Damn, I sure did talk a lot. And the memes. The horrible memes. It's almost appalling.
I think by now it's pretty obvious I've ditched dA, what with not posting in over a year, and having all of my deviations in storage. But I was curious, anyway. Who's still around? Anyone? I cleared my massive inbox of terror so I'm not sure what you guys've been up to. I'd like to find out. Yeah. That's pretty much it.
Journals are weird now.
Nearing 15,000 pageviews? Catch it and I'll draw you a pretty picture.
And it has been caught by Beveee (https://www.deviantart.com/beveee). Awesome.
Taken from ~Beveee (https://www.deviantart.com/beveee).
Comment, and I'll...
1. Tell you something I've learned about you by looking at your dA page for 13 seconds.
2. Tell you which colour you remind me of.
3. Tell you my first memory of you.
4. Tell you what animal you remind me of.
5. Ask you something I've always wondered about you.
6. Tell you my favourite thing about you.
7. Give you a weird nickname.
8. Tell you my honest opinion about you.
9. Confess something to you that I didn't dare say before.
10. Challenge you to post this on your journal.
Been a while since I did a dA meme, oh ho ho.